Scraping/Exporting of Car (After end of COE)

youpapalite

Hi,

I know this has been discussed before but i still can't really understand how this works.

For example, at the end of my COE.

I decide to strip my car bare, can i still bring it to the scrap yard to scrap? (remove tyres, rims, exhaust, brakes, steering wheel, seats, etc etc)

Can they reject my car?

Anyone with recent experience mind sharing?

I am sure most would like to know too. As i feel scrap yard offer the prices really dam little.. For example, Korean car they pay $0 - $400. Japanese car around $100 - 800. Got 3 people i know scrap their car for $50 (Hyundai getz), Honda civic old model ($350), kia cerato ($150). Dam ridiculous. The dam bloody brake pads and rotor already cost more than the scrap value offered. Heck, even the tyres also worth more. Even BMW/Mercs i heard only about 2k+ (heard, but can't verify)

Another thing i would like to know, will the price be higher (more reasonable) if my car is exported instead of scrap? Anyone tried selling their vehicle to exporter? 10 years dam bo hua if just scrap get back less than $1k.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If I recall correctly, the car need to have engine, doors, wheels to be seen at scrap yard. After scrap procedure, its all yours.

Maybe buy back again from scrapyard????

Heard of people who drive deregistered cars across the causeway illegally. Know someone who was employed as a 'driver' for such cars...

• Praise 1

is it possible to export it up north to be used as my track car instead of selling to scrap yard?

legally no, unless u got a bonded storage area for the car.

bonded storage area in SG?

if the car is already up north, then it can be kept there right?

legally no, unless u got a bonded storage area for the car.

you buy newspaper between 60 cents to 1 dollar

you sell that paper back to karang guni u expect to get back minimum 10 cents?

they go by weight and material

for metal if im not mistaken

cast iron goes for 10 cent per kilo

aluminium maybe 30 cent per kilo

• Praise 1

you buy newspaper between 60 cents to 1 dollar

you sell that paper back to karang guni u expect to get back minimum 10 cents?

they go by weight and material

for metal if im not mistaken

cast iron goes for 10 cent per kilo

aluminium maybe 30 cent per kilo

I don't expect minimum 10 cents. But if i can sell that paper to other buyers for 10/20 cents why not?

I am not asking for scrap prices. and i already know the prices offered by scrap yard. I just want to know if they will take in bare car even at $0.

@forte3737 Who is we? scrap yard operators? Unfortunately, my workshop is willing to remove everything i want out of the car at very little cost (excluding big stuffs like gearbox and all). Tow can be arranged to your scrap yard too.

Very simple question not sure why everyone replying out of topic. :/ Except ER-3682, Hamburger and Mockngbrd which replies are relevant.

Can they reject a bare car? anyone got rejected?

Anyone removed everything and scrapped with success?

Is export higher than scrap value?

Is export higher than scrap value?

Price benchmark, exported my CL7R $3500 sometime 3rd quarter last year

When most scrap yard quoted $1000 for scarp

• Praise 1

Price benchmark, exported my CL7R $3500 sometime 3rd quarter last year

When most scrap yard quoted $1000 for scarp

can recommend company fopr export ?

Edited by Ren2

Not all cars worth that much,it depends on demand overseas,usually Mercedes Benz,BMW & Toyota..sell better,my Rover 75 sold only $900.00 in 2009 despite got only 38,000km... [furious][bigcry] Some more is a 2.5v6 top line model with alot of options.

Not all cars worth that much,it depends on demand overseas,usually Mercedes Benz,BMW & Toyota..sell better,my Rover 75 sold only $900.00 in 2009 despite got only 38,000km... [furious][bigcry] Some more is a 2.5v6 top line model with alot of options.

Rover 75, ....I would love to see that car again. Simply a British classic.

↡ Advertisement