2015 Mazda CX3

ahboy86

Saw that official Mazda Sg price list column added a new trim for CX3 - Special Edition. Anyone has any idea what’s this “special edition” CX3 is about?

↡ Advertisement

Am currently driving 1.4 turbo. Torque comes from low down in rev range so it is more than powerful enough. CX-3 looks better in styling so i decided to shortlist japanese also. Seen online reviews on CX-3 being"fun to drive". Any idea what the cx-3 like on the nshw at 200km/h? I frequent the NSHW so it will be important to hav good soundproofing and road holding.

I have pushed the CX-3 to 140km/h but that is about it. It does not give me confidence for anything higher and the engine will quite loud. Can tune but the gain is not much (~10bhp) as compared to a turbo car. Tuning will make the gear shift smoother though. Edited by Koster

I have pushed the CX-3 to 140km/h but that is about it. It does not give me confidence for anything higher and the engine will quite loud. Can tune but the gain is not much (~10bhp) as compared to a turbo car. Tuning will make the gear shift smoother though.

Thanks!  Do you recall doing 140km/h at what rpm? I had my friend's Mazda 5 on NSHW few weeks back. at 180km/h was pushing 5k rpm. Quite  violent trembling in car though...

How much rev before turbo activates?

If it's low yes you get power then you lose fuel efficiency?

But i gues hard to get best of Both.

Do remember mini suv and hot hatch is going to be different.

I personally changed from mazda 2 hatch to cx 3.

CX 3 is small and low enough to not be too different but still not a hot hatch.

Yes cx 3 still very fun to drive but not in the sense of power. Again it's sufficient but doesn't give that crushing feeling at all.

For 200 kmh you might wish to look away from SUV. Long base vehicles will be better in comfort and road holding for sure.

At 90s might still manage slightly below 70s db but you will only get that kind of levels at 150s at near the top of luxury.

Hi bro, I have a friend of mine who can do my soundproofing for me but i preferably would not want extra weight. If comparing 3 and cx-3 in terms or grip and body roll which is better, or rather in overall handling like steering feedback. Thanks!

Edited by opgamerkkhk
  • Praise 1

Thanks! Do you recall doing 140km/h at what rpm? I had my friend's Mazda 5 on NSHW few weeks back. at 180km/h was pushing 5k rpm. Quite violent trembling in car though...

Hi bro, I have a friend of mine who can do my soundproofing for me but i preferably would not want extra weight. If comparing 3 and cx-3 in terms or grip and body roll which is better, or rather in overall handling like steering feedback. Thanks!

Not sure what's the rpm but won't be that low.

Remember it's still a mass market car and not luxury.

Mazda 5 is surely a car not meant for such speeds.

You can't compare a sedan and a suv even if it's mini and the lowest center of gravity in class.

Sedan will usually have the better overall exceptions with some exceptions.

1) when you compare old and new models. New models may have something like gvc.

2) across brands. Some brands have gvc or similar.

Also you are likely asking about high speeds since it seems to be your thing. Maybe SUV isn't for you.

Not that SUV cannot high speed but not usually the main focus on having a SUV?

• Praise 1

Hey owners, how’s the ride so far? I just test drive it earlier and keen to get the base model. In terms of Long term usage. How’s the engine and ride? Any regrets getting it?

• Praise 1

If u dun mind boot space, it’s a great sporty sub-compact SUV.

But if u need more space & height, may consider CX5.

Overall, I’m more than glad that I’ve chosen CX3.

The 2020 CX3 may arrive in Sg late this year if u are able to wait.

• Praise 1

Hey owners, howâs the ride so far? I just test drive it earlier and keen to get the base model. In terms of Long term usage. Howâs the engine and ride? Any regrets getting it?

It's really a higher, more expensive, larger cabin hot hatch car.

Engine and ride is good.

No regrets.

But make sure to understand your own needs.

Cx3 is.

Good looking.

Good ride but sub compact is not the best class for rides. Look at sedans and hot hatch.

Cx3 is not.

A great high riding car. Look elsewhere if high riding is very important.

Utility. It is barely there as a SUV.

Other than that. It is really just another brand, another car.

So please understand what you want.

If u dun mind boot space, itâs a great sporty sub-compact SUV.

But if u need more space & height, may consider CX5.

Overall, Iâm more than glad that Iâve chosen CX3.

The 2020 CX3 may arrive in Sg late this year if u are able to wait.

Or just check out HRV for space.
  • Praise 3

Good day CX3 owners. Like to ask if anyone encounter AC issues eg. the 3rd AC knob aka ventilation direction. It’ll always auto off with or without activating I-stop. Is it due to the engine cut off when i-stop activated? But when I-stop on off mode, the direction vent oso seems to auto off too. I’m puzzled if the settings are correct. Pls advise thanks.

Good day CX3 owners. Like to ask if anyone encounter AC issues eg. the 3rd AC knob aka ventilation direction. It’ll always auto off with or without activating I-stop. Is it due to the engine cut off when i-stop activated? But when I-stop on off mode, the direction vent oso seems to auto off too. I’m puzzled if the settings are correct. Pls advise thanks.

Supposedly they switch off the AC and only have fan running in i-stop mode. This is in default, unless you mean otherwise.

• Praise 2

I give it 2 hot seconds before someone black wraps the roof to give the effect of floating pillars. I think it'd look amazing.

What I like in 2015 Mazda CX3"

• Appealing looks
  • Great value
  • Plenty of trim and drivetrain options
  • Praise 2

Any one here able to share 5k servicing package? Booking in a month time. TIA

Doesn't new car come with at least 1 year or up to 20k free servicing?
  • Praise 1

Doesn't new car come with at least 1 year or up to 20k free servicing?

Mine comes with tat. Juz tat I wanna know wat they do during 5k.

By the way is there any forum or chatgrp for CX3? Seems like Mzda6, Cx5 & 9 have. Mayb CX3 population reali small.

Edited by UncleLabbit
  • Praise 1

For the Mz2 and 3s, TEK doesn't do anything for the 1 and 5K 'servicing'. They just 'check' and 'inspect' the car thats all.

By the way is there any forum or chatgrp for CX3? Seems like Mzda6, Cx5 & 9 have. Mayb CX3 population reali small.

Same for cx3. I just did mine this week. Only mechanical inspection.
↡ Advertisement