Accuracy of TP breath analyser

Piyopico

Was stopped last night and requested to give my name and nric and speak into a hand held device by a policeman. I passed but I did drink one pint but stopped a few hours before heading back.

The device measure alcohol via what is detected from my mouth. I guess if they detect alcohol then I will be requested to blow into their device.

I was lucky I stopped drinking hours back but if I had taken a last mouth or two before heading off I would probably fail?

DRINK DRIVING:

a) if the driver is found with more than the legal limit of 35 microgrammes (ug) of alcohol per 100 ml of breath, or

b) more than 80millimigrammes (mg) of alcohol per 100ml of blood

Even when the alcohol level is under the legal limit, the driver can still be charged with drink driving if he gets into an accident, as he is deemed to be unable to proper control of the vehicle

I guess a person can drink lots and get away as long as he ensures his breathe is in the low alocohol range.

I will not do any one for the road thingy anymore.

Me bad. Will not drink even a sip next time if I drive.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Was stopped last night and requested to give my name and nric and speak into a hand held device by a policeman. I passed but I did drink one pint but stopped a few hours before heading back.

The device measure alcohol via what is detected from my mouth. I guess if they detect alcohol then I will be requested to blow into their device.

I was lucky I stopped drinking hours back but if I had taken a last mouth or two before heading off I would probably fail?

DRINK DRIVING:

a) if the driver is found with more than the legal limit of 35 microgrammes (ug) of alcohol per 100 ml of breath, or

b) more than 80millimigrammes (mg) of alcohol per 100ml of blood

Even when the alcohol level is under the legal limit, the driver can still be charged with drink driving if he gets into an accident, as he is deemed to be unable to proper control of the vehicle

I guess a person can drink lots and get away as long as he ensures his breathe is in the low alocohol range.

I will not do any one for the road thingy anymore.

Me bad. Will not drink even a sip next time if I drive.

i think by blowing into the device, it will give a rough guide of your alcohol level...to charge you for drink driving i think TP need to take you for a blood test.

Tia gong from a policeman that the hand held device is to sense whether your voice is wavering or not. So if you can speak very confidently it will not prompt for breathalyzer test. Not sure true or not.

Hmmm.. never heard of the "voice analyser" device.. only know the "blowing" device, that's a pass/fail device. If fail, they will bring you back to police station for blood test.

Hmmm.. never heard of the "voice analyser" device.. only know the "blowing" device, that's a pass/fail device. If fail, they will bring you back to police station for blood test.

I dun think itz a voice analyser. It probably detect alcohol from your breath and if positive then they'll ask you to blow the analyser. Once fail you go straight to the cell. No need to test blood.

I dun think itz a voice analyser. It probably detect alcohol from your breath and if positive then they'll ask you to blow the analyser. Once fail you go straight to the cell. No need to test blood.

Blood test still is a must. Cos breathalyzer don't record down the result. With blood test, got black and white figure of the blood alcohol level..

Supercharged

My take: - a breathalyzer is not a fail safe gauge n we shd not rely totally on it.

I am not a trained personnel but I believed the following does make a different:-

1) Gender

2) Age

3) Habit e.g. regulater drinker vs teetotaller

4) Physical aspect

I used to be able to hold my cups but after I gone straight, I can't even drink Dom without getting drunk.

If you blow over they will bring you in for blood test. Blood test results submitted to court.

New procedure in place for a few years.

Blood test not a requirement. My GM got license revoked two years back. Failed one at the road block, failed amother breath analyser at the station and thatz it. Next morning got bailed out and attend Court in about 2 weeks. Chop chop.

I am happy that TP is on the ball on drink driving. However they dont inform the public about their new toy. The new speed camera install at BKE anyone know it capabilities. This breathe analyser has been around for at least 2 yr. They need to be more transparent in this

• Praise 2

Blood test still is a must. Cos breathalyzer don't record down the result. With blood test, got black and white figure of the blood alcohol level..

No need blood test unless driver injured and send to hospital. Then a blood test will be done in hospital to get results to be charged in court. Tp HQ in Ubi have a machine which print out your level and the print out will be used to charged u in court. 2 situations my friends been thru. Just one kana 18 mth guntong fine 3k last week.

• Praise 2

I am happy that TP is on the ball on drink driving. However they dont inform the public about their new toy. The new speed camera install at BKE anyone know it capabilities. This breathe analyser has been around for at least 2 yr. They need to be more transparent in this

i saw the new camera..so stylo milo..but so damn big..but is it using laser detection?

i saw the new camera..so stylo milo..but so damn big..but is it using laser detection?

where exactly along BKE?

near eco-bridge?

New procedure in place for a few years.

Blood test not a requirement. My GM got license revoked two years back. Failed one at the road block, failed amother breath analyser at the station and thatz it. Next morning got bailed out and attend Court in about 2 weeks. Chop chop.

That's my understanding too, that they will bring you back to station and ask you to test again after a while.

↡ Advertisement