One Litre of Petrol Idle for How Long?

Thaiyotakamli

Considered current model w212, pre facelift.

Yah that one aircon auto off circulate inside, so in expressway suddenly i feel stink smell or exhaust smell, then i realize that circluate button off. Press again. Wonder how the merc designer design the car, probably they think the car will be used in germany or swiss alps with clean fresh air.

Occasionally my jap car aircon system also self cancels the recirculation n lets in outside air. Maybe it's a default safety / health thingy to do so in case the recycled cabin air, after too long a period of time e.g. long distance trip, has too low oxygen content which may affect the concentration of the driver?

↡ Advertisement

Occasionally my jap car aircon system also self cancels the recirculation n lets in outside air. Maybe it's a default safety / health thingy to do so in case the recycled cabin air, after too long a period of time e.g. long distance trip, has too low oxygen content which may affect the concentration of the driver?

Yes thats their reason

It dont cost much fuel , if 1L per hr i deem its ok n reasonable. But the problem is its nt good right, for the aircon n also the engine etc

It's not good... for your wallet cause NEA will fine you. I don't think it will do AC or engine much harm while idling.

My car can roll down a gentle slope on free gear for 7 to 9 km at above 50kph. Does it consume the same amount of petrol as a stationary car with engine on for the same time.

34 minutes ago, Dumb said:

My car can roll down a gentle slope on free gear for 7 to 9 km at above 50kph. Does it consume the same amount of petrol as a stationary car with engine on for the same time.

Who so boh liao wants to know?

It is not even considered useful information.

Edited by Watwheels

On 11/22/2014 at 10:09 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Lets say car average petrol fc is 10km/l, how much time of idling in minutes will consume one litre of petrol?

ZERO?!? cause no mileage done hahaha 🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Dumb said:

I hope your car has a manual or a DCT gearbox.

Edited by Toeknee_33

5 hours ago, Dumb said:

Don't bluff lah... 

You tell me which road in SG has slope of 7-9km slope. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

5 hours ago, Dumb said:

If engine not on and your car roll down free gear, zero petrol consumed. However, such action may result in consumption of your life and/or other lives. The icing on the cake, your gearbox may kaboom.

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
54 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Idle with aircon on or not?

:grin:

image.thumb.png.8cf2828be3d8b36bdfb821961b8267ca.png

it looks like hands of two guys 🤮

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1