Ford Focus titanium

Obscurest

Supercharged

Thank you bro,

Cannot 'priase' you due to not enough points [kiss]

Now that RM has successfully secured the COE, will have to go down this weekend to settle payment.

[grin]

congrats......I still sincerely believe ford focus is one of the best choice of a car for a newbie car enthusiast to own.

↡ Advertisement

I would order the focus hatchback too if it has the same ecoboost 1.0l engine like fiesta which I ordered as more spacious. The 1.0l engine has the same power as the 1.6l ecoboost engine. Focus should drive the same as a vw jetta as dual clutch powershift gb like dsg. The 1.0l engine is more diesely as lighter acc due to higher torque. With the stricter Cevs frm July 1, I hope rm bring in the 1.0l engine for the focus later on.

I heard the FC of the 1.0l ecoboost is quite bad for the ford fiesta.

There is an owner achieving only 10km/l from it only.....quite pathetic.....

• Praise 1

congrats......I still sincerely believe ford focus is one of the best choice of a car for a newbie car enthusiast to own.

Hahaha... I not newbie, have been driving 35 years already, all the time Jap car and most of time is Honda make.

I always doubt on claimed FC posted by car makers especially if the car is

1. automatic (any automatic as long as it's automatic)

2. small engine turbo-charged

• Praise 1

Hahaha... I not newbie, have been driving 35 years already, all the time Jap car and most of time is Honda make.

Dont worry... The AD quite steady when it comes to warranty.. Just do a thorough PDI.. Especially the leather seats and you will be fine

(edited)

You mean me lah? Haha! Yes initally I was just wacking the car to test its performance which is really good but now I am trying my best to accelerate lightly with coasting (do not press accelerator sometimes). Quite amazing FC like a VW 1.4 TSI car (diesel cannot beat lah like the volvo d2 or vw tdi which can go up to 1000km but the ex price really sucks with high road tax and high cost price which will negate the fuel savings useless - at least hybrid prices are more down to earth). Can go up to max 600 km for 42l fiesta petrol tank. You should see the ford sg forum - some manage to achieve 700km with 55l focus petrol tank. It depends on how you drive.

Edited by Munhua
  • Praise 1

I always doubt on claimed FC posted by car makers especially if the car is

1. automatic (any automatic as long as it's automatic)

2. small engine turbo-charged

If you have been driving conventional torque converter autos, definitely the FC is bad. Nowadays more cars are coming with dual clutch gearboxes (even Honda) aka automated manual which is more fuel efficient than manual. You need to test drive one VW or Ford or Volvo to see the difference between a Jap or Korean vs a Conti made car and you understand why some buyers switch to Ford from Honda as same price but different drive. The gear shifts are definitely smoother but it can become hell once gb malfunction because suddenly you just can't believe the car cannot move after being so smooth for a while. Well of course you need to decide between reliability vs performance. Most turbo engines have overheating issues especially if tuned up which is the reason I do not wack my car as so fast already. Having owned a VW car for a short while, it does seem every other car brand is better in terms of reliability.

Supercharged

hehe you technically still a newbie car ENTHUSIAST if this is your first time into ford. hehe

• Praise 1

If you have been driving conventional torque converter autos, definitely the FC is bad. Nowadays more cars are coming with dual clutch gearboxes (even Honda) aka automated manual which is more fuel efficient than manual. You need to test drive one VW or Ford or Volvo to see the difference between a Jap or Korean vs a Conti made car and you understand why some buyers switch to Ford from Honda as same price but different drive. The gear shifts are definitely smoother but it can become hell once gb malfunction because suddenly you just can't believe the car cannot move after being so smooth for a while. Well of course you need to decide between reliability vs performance. Most turbo engines have overheating issues especially if tuned up which is the reason I do not wack my car as so fast already. Having owned a VW car for a short while, it does seem every other car brand is better in terms of reliability.

I am the one who cancelled my order of Honda Vezel after test drive VW Jetta and Ford Fiesta ^_^

Now I fully appreciated NO Turbo NO Fun [laugh] Even now Honda and Toyota started to bring in small cc turbo engine for their future model [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Most turbo engines have overheating issues especially if tuned up which is the reason I do not wack my car as so fast already.

maybe decades ago lah,

now is ok, unless your cooling system got problem.

You mean me lah? Haha! Yes initally I was just wacking the car to test its performance which is really good but now I am trying my best to accelerate lightly with coasting (do not press accelerator sometimes). Quite amazing FC like a VW 1.4 TSI car (diesel cannot beat lah like the volvo d2 or vw tdi which can go up to 1000km but the ex price really sucks with high road tax and high cost price which will negate the fuel savings useless - at least hybrid prices are more down to earth). Can go up to max 600 km for 42l fiesta petrol tank. You should see the ford sg forum - some manage to achieve 700km with 55l focus petrol tank. It depends on how you drive.

HaHa, you must be having fun by wacking your new Fiesta [sly]

14km/L sounds good for 1L turbo car [;)]

Supersonic

I am the one who cancelled my order of Honda Vezel after test drive VW Jetta and Ford Fiesta ^_^

Now I fully appreciated NO Turbo NO Fun [laugh] Even now Honda and Toyota started to bring in small cc turbo engine for their future model [sweatdrop]

wait till u try turbo diesels. torque monsters.

• Praise 1

(edited)

You really are a TDi fiend [laugh]

Edited by Magfocus

Supersonic

You're really are a TDi fiend [laugh]

Stock family car 430Nm straight out of the box. Can outscoot F&F sonata teksi unker and pesky motorbikes at the lights good enuf for me. [laugh][laugh]

Ya, I have also test drive Renault FLUENCE, very impressive torque [thumbsup] . But Diesel car power quite low leh [rolleyes] . And I drive to Malaysia quite often and Euro 5 diesel not easily available in MY [shakehead][sweatdrop]

Supersonic

Ya, I have also test drive Renault FLUENCE, very impressive torque [thumbsup] . But Diesel car power quite low leh [rolleyes] . And I drive to Malaysia quite often and Euro 5 diesel not easily available in MY [shakehead][sweatdrop]

tink u need to change ur nick liao to IloveTurbo.... [laugh][laugh]

Stock family car 430Nm straight out of the box. Can outscoot F&F sonata teksi unker and pesky motorbikes at the lights good enuf for me. [laugh][laugh]

Yeah, have to agree. Car must be able to 1. whisk past pesky cabs 2. same as 1.

↡ Advertisement