AFF Suzuki Cup

Caldina

Still got ppl watch local football? I'm going to be very blunt here, i rather watch the pro gamers play fifa than this rubbish football they play in SG..

Those that bet might watch
↡ Advertisement

other thing i dun know, but facilities like soccer field improve alot compare to my sec days,

those days the field is botak throughout the years, 

we also kick like nobody business, 

under the voiddeck  and basketball court also, ( until police come) :XD:

now alot of school field upgrade to artificial turf, open for bking for weekend soccer uncles like us

You can have fantastic facility, fanciful soccer boot and gear, this doesn't mean the standard of the overall football have increased.

It's just mean that you are richer now than previously.

Many good footballer are born poor and play in lousy turf with their own bare foot.

Without the support from the government, commercial sponsor and the supporter, our local footballer will not go far.

Honestly speaking, it's better off going to a cinema than heading to a stadium watching local football.

• Praise 2

Its also now uncool to be a singaporean footballer.

1. Cant make a decent living.

2. Fans not supportive. I mean even myself gave up s league so many yrs back. Was supportimg the old saf fc. Jurong fc and gombak united. Somehow it became uncool unglam just to support s league.

3. Media coverage alsos machiam half past 6 now on singapore football.

4. Total lack of support n respect frm govt bodies on soccer in singapore.

5. U dun see much football fields. Not much grassroots on soccer.

6. Piority on academic over soccer. No choice. Really becoz theres a lack of trust on any govt bodies who will provide u a decent living by playing soccer.

1st and foremost, if you have no love and not proud to represent your country, then better don't play lah. I feel item 1 to 6, waterpolo also dont have or get even much less. Why they are soooo much better leh?

I dont even want to talk about table tennis or swimming. Frankly, i don't expect our boys to win but they must play with their heart. Otherwise please don't be a shame to themselves and the people managing them.

• Praise 1

1st and foremost, if you have no love and not proud to represent your country, then better don't play lah. I feel item 1 to 6, waterpolo also dont have or get even much less. Why they are soooo much better leh?

I dont even want to talk about table tennis or swimming. Frankly, i don't expect our boys to win but they must play with their heart. Otherwise please don't be a shame to themselves and the people managing them.

Sorry I have to speak up for the current Singapore Football team.

If u had watch the matches in the AFF Cup, they played their hearts out, just that they lost to better teams like Thailand n to a lesser extent Philippines who had a team of almost all expatriates (only dad or mum Filipino) who mostly ply their trade in better leagues.

So if u r implying that the team lacks heart, I think that is an unfair statement. This is a younger team who lacks experience, exposure and perhaps mental toughness. Our SPL standard is low unlike Thai, Malaysian Leagues etc so this contributes to the problem as well. Some players like Hariss, Hassan and Gabriel r plying their trades in tougher leagues and this shows in their performance but the rest r not. So I don’t think the issue is on having no heart to play, my 2 cents....

• Praise 4

Sorry I have to speak up for the current Singapore Football team.

If u had watch the matches in the AFF Cup, they played their hearts out, just that they lost to better teams like Thailand n to a lesser extent Philippines who had a team of almost all expatriates (only dad or mum Filipino) who mostly ply their trade in better leagues.

So if u r implying that the team lacks heart, I think that is an unfair statement. This is a younger team who lacks experience, exposure and perhaps mental toughness. Our SPL standard is low unlike Thai, Malaysian Leagues etc so this contributes to the problem as well. Some players like Hariss, Hassan and Gabriel r plying their trades in tougher leagues and this shows in their performance but the rest r not. So I donât think the issue is on having no heart to play, my 2 cents....

Ya our SPL standard is too low to produce good players.

Some how i feel we start going downhill when we left the M.league.

We should rejoin back.

• Praise 1

Ya our SPL standard is too low to produce good players.

Some how i feel we start going downhill when we left the M.league.

We should rejoin back.

Ya think so as well but Malaysian League don’t want us so how to join back?

• Praise 2

Ya think so as well but Malaysian League donât want us so how to join back?

Oh is it. Lol.

I forgot the history and accident with M leag liao.

But the fact is sg is too small to support a fully pro leag.

Esp with even limited fans.

Look at the local games . How many fans turn up.

We even need to invite outsider to make up the teams.

I just feel we are investing in the wrong area.

Invest the money in schools leag.

Make it lucrative for school to have a school team that perform well.

Now alot of school have good turf fields already.

Make use of that.

Just a semi pro local leag is enough.

Instead send the national team to play in some oversea leag.

I think that should be the correct way to go

• Praise 1

Oh is it. Lol.

I forgot the history and accident with M leag liao.

But the fact is sg is too small to support a fully pro leag.

Esp with even limited fans.

Look at the local games . How many fans turn up.

We even need to invite outsider to make up the teams.

I just feel we are investing in the wrong area.

Invest the money in schools leag.

Make it lucrative for school to have a school team that perform well.

Now alot of school have good turf fields already.

Make use of that.

Just a semi pro local leag is enough.

Instead send the national team to play in some oversea leag.

I think that should be the correct way to go

U got some valid points.

As i said previously, I don’t have the answers but lack of heart is an easy finger to point at the players when results don’t go our way. Admittedly, some players who played previously did lack stomach for a fight but I believe they have been weeded out and now the younger players being hungrier will want to prove a point and likewise, the 4-5 older ones still chosen, have their professional pride to prove they deserve to be in the team.

• Praise 3