Are China car manufacturers (almost) catching up?

Mockngbrd

show crash test report then say....

不然什么都是假的

Qoros 3 sedan test results

http://www.euroncap.com/results/qoros/3/528.aspx

Based on data supplied by Qoros, Euro NCAP is satisfied that the 2013 five star rating awarded to the Sedan would also apply to the Qoros 3 Hatch.

Adult occupant

The passenger compartment remained stable in the frontal impact. Dummy readings indicated good protection of all body regions for the passenger. Protection of the knees and femurs was good for the driver and passenger and Qoros showed that a similar level of protection would be provided to occupants of different sizes and to those sat in different positions. In the side barrier test, the Qoros 3 Sedan scored maximum points with good protection of all body regions. In the more severe side pole test, protection of the head and pelvis was good and that of the chest and abdomen was adequate. The seat and head restraint provided good protection against whiplash injury in the event of a rear-end collision.

Child occupant

Based on dummy readings in the impact tests, the Qoros 3 Sedan scored maximum points for its protection of both the 1½ and 3 year dummies. In the frontal impact, forward movement of the head of the 3 year dummy, sat in a forward-facing restraint, was not excessive. In the side impact, both dummies were properly contained by their restraints, minimising the likelihood of dangerous head contact with parts of the car interior. The passenger airbag can be disabled to allow a rearward-facing restraint to be used in that seating position. Clear information is provided to the driver about the status of the airbag and the system was rewarded. All of the child restraints for which the car is designed could be properly installed and accommodated in the car.

Pedestrian

The bumper provided good protection to pedestrians’ legs in all areas tested and the car scored maximum points in this area. The front edge of the bonnet provided predominantly good protection. The protection provided by the bonnet to the head of a struck pedestrian was mostly good or adequate, except for the stiff windscreen pillars.

Safety assist

Electronic stability control is standard equipment on the Qoros 3 Sedan, and met Euro NCAP's test requirements. The car has a seatbelt reminder system as standard for the front and rear seats. A driver-set speed limitation system also comes as standard equipment.

That is awful lar ... They just copy blindly like that ...

Its like buying a cheap knock off ...

No Standard ...

Maybe such cars are meant to compete with the paper versions at funerals? PRC burn real cars to please their departed loved ones hor, dont play play!!

Btw, i wont mind driving one of the mic Evoque as long as i dont go off road, and can spare the time for waiting for breakdown rescue truck!! Something is better than nothing when my low pay has no dignity standard.. [bigcry] [bigcry]

better tell the gov to patent the coe idea.....can earn revenue.....hahaha!

And earn loyalty whenever other countries charge buyers COEs !!!

Actually, engine and GB can just buy off shelves, just like some Infiniti comes with MB engine, some European cars come with Jap Aisin GB etc. It's the seamless piecing up and working together harmoniously as a piece of driving machine that is more important.

I like plug and play cars!!! For good looks, buy a Ferrari body, throw in a reasonably powerful but reliable toyota V8, add a digital exhaust sound simulator kit... best of both world!!!

• Praise 1

Maybe such cars are meant to compete with the paper versions at funerals? PRC burn real cars to please their departed loved ones hor, dont play play!!

Btw, i wont mind driving one of the mic Evoque as long as i dont go off road, and can spare the time for waiting for breakdown rescue truck!! Something is better than nothing when my low pay has no dignity standard.. [bigcry] [bigcry]

Last time Hyundai Pony also no Standard ... But at least it wasn't a Direct Copy of a Datsun or something ...

But, look at where they are today ...

If I burn the China Evoque to my Ancestors ... They will come back as Ghost to Haunt me & forever curse me never to strike any Lottery of any kind ... 😂

Here's your cheap cheap Chinese Cvoque. Maybe order from Taobao and ship here! :D

post-128138-0-53702400-1416971973_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Last time Hyundai Pony also no Standard ... But at least it wasn't a Direct Copy of a Datsun or something ...

But, look at where they are today ...

If I burn the China Evoque to my Ancestors ... They will come back as Ghost to Haunt me & forever curse me never to strike any Lottery of any kind ... 😂

of course lar...u burnt the evoque with a full tank of petrol......boomz....the thing that reached below will be in fragments and pieces...hahaha

of course lar...u burnt the evoque with a full tank of petrol......boomz....the thing that reached below will be in fragments and pieces...hahaha

Please ... Don't Waste the Petrol ... The Car never mind ... 😂

Here's your cheap cheap Chinese Cvoque. Maybe order from Taobao and ship here! :D

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Their Skin is Damn Thick ... Not Shy ... Can Display Some more ... Wah LAn Ehhh ...

Quietly sell in domestic market already bad enough lor ...

The ingenious patent idea will generate revenue to ensure unlimited wealth for next 500 years to come .. more good years!

hahaha.....1 piece of paper that cost a bomb which most buyer wont be able too touch and see.......hahaha.....what a system! Even madoff wont be able to think of it!

Are China car companies finally catching up to the koreans?

http://jalopnik.com/this-is-the-suv-china-thinks-westerners-will-buy-1661123637

This is the Qoros 3 SUV

afsyavo4h8xigedm0fq0.jpg

dyshsotvh0stfoore41h.jpg

grugzjcpuofu0xsdhget.jpg

xrou8bk1qjjkjmicvhqp.jpg

wmxdjwcphyd8pwmgrwfa.jpg

ngsprlp9t1mhvklqgzyq.jpg

mh6ddrpvwdmhjtsefsuu.jpg

Before anyone writes this off as another all show no go. The Qoros 3 sedan scored a 5 star NCAP safety rating in 2013 and had one of the overall highest scores of the year.

BUt of course, let's not kid ourselves, there is the huge barrier of perception, especially here in Asia where even Korean makes have to compete on the price / value for money front instead of the lust factor. Will China finally be able to come in and compete with Koreans now?

Haha... not yet. The Chinese quality system is still unstable. Sure, they may have big strong brands inside China. But you need a complete working quality system from the supplier to the final production for it to compete. So a good supplier like BOSCH in China is not going to produce great Geely, Great wall or Chery. Also, their engineering is still far away from the Koreans who are already years ahead of the Chinese after copying from Japan and Germany.

Lastly, very importantly, it is the corrupted culture within the Chinese community that's pulling them back. With so many people involved complicitly with 'hongbao' 'bajie' 'tiba' culture, it will take them much more to overcome the hurdles not only with the automotive industry, any industry in China.

Just my honest opinion.

• Praise 2

Right now even Hondas and Audis made in China are at least 2 grades down compared to those built in Germany and Japan in terms of material used and QC......

Perhaps in another 10-15 years can catch up with Korea....

Actually, engine and GB can just buy off shelves, just like some Infiniti comes with MB engine, some European cars come with Jap Aisin GB etc. It's the seamless piecing up and working together harmoniously as a piece of driving machine that is more important.

You forgot - Lotus uses a Toyota Truck engine n gearbox

• Praise 1

China there's no need to be accountable for safety.

For that reason alone, i will avoid china cars in my lifetime.

Anyway reach singapore, all expensive...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1