Are China car manufacturers (almost) catching up?

Mockngbrd

Haha... not yet. The Chinese quality system is still unstable. Sure, they may have big strong brands inside China. But you need a complete working quality system from the supplier to the final production for it to compete. So a good supplier like BOSCH in China is not going to produce great Geely, Great wall or Chery. Also, their engineering is still far away from the Koreans who are already years ahead of the Chinese after copying from Japan and Germany.

Lastly, very importantly, it is the corrupted culture within the Chinese community that's pulling them back. With so many people involved complicitly with 'hongbao' 'bajie' 'tiba' culture, it will take them much more to overcome the hurdles not only with the automotive industry, any industry in China.

Just my honest opinion.

1. Corrupted businesses / societies seldom manage to produce world class cars, or products for the matter.

2. A large domestic market which is generally indifferent towards designs for safety etc will not exert enough pressure on manufacturers to adopt and comply with world safety, efficiency standard.

↡ Advertisement

Looks like a Scirocco backside humped with a Kia front.

Not bad looking but nothing outstanding.

Surprised it got the full 5 star NCAP. At least they got something right.

I wouldn't put down MIC cars so soon. They have the resources to leapfrog overnight once they get their act together.

• Praise 2

Looks like a Scirocco backside humped with a Kia front.

Not bad looking but nothing outstanding.

Surprised it got the full 5 star NCAP. At least they got something right.

I wouldn't put down MIC cars so soon. They have the resources to leapfrog overnight once they get their act together.

You have foresight. But the question is 'when will they get their act together'? I honestly doubt it will be during our lifetime.

Don't be surprised, some day all cars will be made in China.....even our children's spouses and girlfriends.

Edited by Raychay
  • Praise 2

At least they can copy lol

We singapore no chance to make a single car hAhaha

We skip making cars and making military armored vehicles instead.

Got fight in Afghan one hor....

• Praise 2

We skip making cars and making military armored vehicles instead.

Got fight in Afghan one hor....

China also got make hor they copied from russian brother

The J22, their missiles, aircraft carrier, anything in china can be copied.

Thats why in china people scared fake even the money. Recently read the news, the tiny colgate toothpaste in hotel rooms also fake!

• Praise 1

At least they can copy lol

We singapore no chance to make a single car hAhaha

Not only car. We Singaporean no chance to have more babies (max 2) due to insufficient Baby Bonus from gvt. Look at our older gen eg. my Ah Mah who had 12 childrens when they lived at old Sembawang kampong.

• Praise 2

1. Corrupted businesses / societies seldom manage to produce world class cars, or products for the matter.

2. A large domestic market which is generally indifferent towards designs for safety etc will not exert enough pressure on manufacturers to adopt and comply with world safety, efficiency standard.

Wait, are you talking about China or bole..... never mind.

http://www.mycarforum.com/blog/12-myautoblog//?showentry=3797

not need to teng sha teng kor to buy evoque liao

Buy Evoque is for mm to more willing teng sha teng kor mah....

• Praise 1

China also got make hor they copied from russian brother

The J22, their missiles, aircraft carrier, anything in china can be copied.

Thats why in china people scared fake even the money. Recently read the news, the tiny colgate toothpaste in hotel rooms also fake!

Where there are fake virgins, what else dont you expect in middle kingdom? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

You have foresight. But the question is 'when will they get their act together'? I honestly doubt it will be during our lifetime.

Things change fast. Seeing China when I first went there in 2005, compared with what I heard from my Dad when he went in the 90s, and seeing China change from 2005 to present, things move fast. If there is monetary incentive, they will get off their arse. And with their size, just like the US, as long as a small % get off their arse, it is enough.

In 60 years Meiji Japan went from post-medieval technology to building i-400, Shokaku and Yamato.

Edited by Ake109

1 Wait, are you talking about China or bole..... never mind.

2 Buy Evoque is for mm to more willing teng sha teng kor mah....

1 They learn from each other!!?? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

2 Evogue has quite tight interior space, not so easy to teng sha teng kor inside hor... [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

1 They learn from each other!!?? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

2 Evogue has quite tight interior space, not so easy to teng sha teng kor inside hor... [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Can lah, you provide the Evoque and the willing mm I demonstrate.

by standing one side and giving you instruction.

Edited by Ake109

Things change fast. Seeing China when I first went there in 2005, compared with what I heard from my Dad when he went in the 90s, and seeing China change from 2005 to present, things move fast. If there is monetary incentive, they will get off their arse. And with their size, just like the US, as long as a small % get off their arse, it is enough.

In 60 years Meiji Japan went from post-medieval technology to building i-400, Shokaku and Yamato.

In the car industry, ah tiongs may have the money to buy instant technologies (some established western car brands will / have been bought over by ah tiongs), but since their domestic market, with high demands for average / below average quality cars, is where the money is, prc car makers are still producing such cars to make money from local buyres while overseas markets (especially those which demand good quality cars) remain less important.

As Japan, Korean brands took more than two decades to shake off their "low-qualty" image in the business, ah tiongs can expect a similar or longer journey to achieve the same.

Can lah, you provide the Evoque and the willing mm I demonstrate.

by standing one side and giving you instruction.

LOL, actually using a low Elise etc, xmm will look extra attractive when she get in / out of the car without teng sha teng kor.... i did that recently in a friend's Exige and felt like dropping my body into a trench in the group when i got into the car [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

In the car industry, ah tiongs may have the money to buy instant technologies (some established western car brands will / have been bought over by ah tiongs), but since their domestic market, with high demands for average / below average quality cars, is where the money is, prc car makers are still producing such cars to make money from local buyres while overseas markets (especially those which demand good quality cars) remain less important.

As Japan, Korean brands took more than two decades to shake off their "low-qualty" image in the business, ah tiongs can expect a similar or longer journey to achieve the same.

Ms VPower suggested 'not in our lifetime' mah. I don't intend to visit western sky anytime soon and I don't think she is Grandma age either, so 20 more years, I think is enough to see significant changes.

Large domestic market or not, catering to a small % of their more affluent domestic customers and the $ to be made from exporting, will get some things done I predict.

Ms VPower suggested 'not in our lifetime' mah. I don't intend to visit western sky anytime soon and I don't think she is Grandma age either, so 20 more years, I think is enough to see significant changes.

Large domestic market or not, catering to a small % of their more affluent domestic customers and the $ to be made from exporting, will get some things done I predict.

What you said is also true, but in 20 years time, rmb may appreciate and become stronger than sgd!! [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] So buying a mic car may become too expensive for ordinary car buyers here :mellow:

The front looks like a Renault

and the back an Opel.

I think they copied French and German styling.

:D

But, but nothing wrong with copying from some of the "better ones", right? [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement