Stomp - Car Accidents

Raymondism

Maybe we should have a thread to consolidate all car or traffic accidents reported on Stomp..

Not a gd day for these car owners

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/chaos-in-ang-mo-kio-market-carpark-as-cab-rams-into-7-parked-cars

Taxi rammed into 7 parked cars...

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/large-tree-branch-falls-in-eunos-rd-5-leaving-four-cars-damaged

Fallen tree branches damaged 4 cars...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

Again taxi in a carpark. They have got problem switching from driving the manual gear to auto gear.

Perhaps big companies like Comfort Delgro should offer manual model option for some of these old-timers.

• Praise 4

Good thread to start Mate [:)] so tat all can jst focus on 1 and get all the news, of course like Mercs mentioned that lesser better lar [thumbsup]

Edited by FourZero
  • Praise 9

Perhaps big companies like Comfort Delgro should offer manual model option for some of these old-timers.

Perhaps. After driving manual for so many years (old timers) I think they can't adapt that easily.

• Praise 3

Again taxi in a carpark. They have got problem switching from driving the manual gear to auto gear.

Its not tat I want to say this again, but YES "TAXI" again................................... :blink:[dizzy]

I try to drv far far and at least a distance away............... [thumbsup]

• Praise 9

Its not tat I want to say this again, but YES "TAXI" again................................... :blink:[dizzy]

I try to drv far far and at least a distance away............... [thumbsup]

I think in small crowded places with market it's kinda difficult to avoid. I wonder how the taxi's insurance company will write their story. [lipsrsealed]

The parked cars go hit the taxi? :ph34r:

• Praise 3

Good idea, but hopefully we'll see less of such accident reports :)

Agree....

hope less accidents.... whether reported or not...

maybe from one of the reports... pple will now avoid parking under a big tree branch....

they will realise that the sun and bird sh|t wont result in insurance claims.. [sunny]:D

• Praise 4

think maybe the drivers are tired....

else dun see how it can happened...

• Praise 5

Spoke to a Taxi uncle driving a manual taxi once...

He mentioned that he would also like to change to auto...

easier to drive... more powerful... but more expensive....

some of them still drive manual taxi right?

• Praise 5

Spoke to a Taxi uncle driving a manual taxi once...

He mentioned that he would also like to change to auto...

easier to drive... more powerful... but more expensive....

some of them still drive manual taxi right?

Correct, the primary reason why they who chose to keep their Crowns is the rent.

Come to think of it....can't remember the last time I saw one LOL

Edited by Toothiewabbit
  • Praise 5

Correct, the primary reason why they who chose to keep their Crowns is the rent.

Come to think of it....can't remember the last time I saw one LOL

All the toyota clown teksi up lorry liao w.e.f Sep 2014.....

post-1105-0-28265600-1417395941_thumb.jpg

• Praise 5

This is not an accident, but "Hope this rider is able to see this and contact the stomper as a witness if he needs legal action against the driver."

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/biker-signals-for-driver-to-turn-on-headlights-who-tries-running-over-him-instead

Biker signals for driver to turn on headlights -- who tries running over him instead

Posted on 02 December 2014 | 3,535 views | 11 comments

This article is contributed by the Stomp Team.

A driver tried to repay a motorcyclist who signalled for him to turn on his headlights, but not in the way you would expect.

A video uploaded by Singapore Reckless Drivers shows the aggressive driver forcing the biker towards the wall instead.

The clip was recorded by a passing motorist, who said: "Hope this rider is able to see this and contact me as a witness if he needs legal action against the driver."

It is unclear where and when exactly the incident happened.

• Praise 10

This is not an accident, but "Hope this rider is able to see this and contact the stomper as a witness if he needs legal action against the driver."

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/biker-signals-for-driver-to-turn-on-headlights-who-tries-running-over-him-instead

Biker signals for driver to turn on headlights -- who tries running over him instead

Posted on 02 December 2014 | 3,535 views | 11 comments

This article is contributed by the Stomp Team.

A driver tried to repay a motorcyclist who signalled for him to turn on his headlights, but not in the way you would expect.

A video uploaded by Singapore Reckless Drivers shows the aggressive driver forcing the biker towards the wall instead.

The clip was recorded by a passing motorist, who said: "Hope this rider is able to see this and contact me as a witness if he needs legal action against the driver."

It is unclear where and when exactly the incident happened.

the best result for this kind of incidence is where the biker is an off duty TP and i know most TPs loves to ride those big bikes with side boxes....
  • Praise 6

Or buy a less powerful,non turbocharged....ones. :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5