2016 Mercedes E-class (W213)

Nonewposts

19 minutes ago, Spring said:

If I remember correctly, c160 was selling for $160k thereabouts at motorshow so can't really say this e180 is a steal right?

ok not exactly a steal..but 30k diff I'll take the E...but that's if I was even considering the C160..

quite a joke to bring in these two variants..my honest feel

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

15 minutes ago, jk228b said:

ok not exactly a steal..but 30k diff I'll take the E...but that's if I was even considering the C160..

Honestly,  stop being such a snob

• Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, jk228b said:

Different strokes for different folks. E 180 fills in the void of people in the budget of Audi A6 / Lexus ES 250 where it is more affordable than a E 200 and for people that finds the C-Class too small for their needs.

C 160 is for CAT A market where there is currently no other rival from BMW/Audi that is CAT A. Now CAT A and B is quite similar, but come a time when the price of CAT A/B begins to deviate, the C 160 may appeal to those looking at a CAT A car.

Rewind back the clock a decade ago, the C 160 Kompressor/CGI 1.6L Cat A cars sold quite well back then with 5G-Tronic and an even more basic interior lacking electric seats/navi/apple carplay/android auto...etc. The C 160 has 9G-Tronic and a full suite of features that's identical to the C 180. Clearly, it is for folks that power is not the main priority but still wants the creature comforts for the daily drive 

15 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

bro u very funny ah

people giving his opinions on cars and u start attacking him....

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

yup yup i'll stop...shall go scrimp and save up enough to be able to afford one...lol

• Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, SZ_ford said:

bro u very funny ah

I attack him for what? E180 is still a Mercedes.  If he dun like it, dun have belittle the model. 

1 hour ago, Meloble said:

Both the C-Class and E-Class are using Mercedes in-house engines M264 and Mercedes Gearbox 9G-Tronic. Where did you get the info from that it is renault? What's your source? 

FYI 

C160 - M264 Single Scroll Turbo 1.5L w/ 9G-TRONIC

E180 - M264 Twin Scroll Turbo 1.5L w/ 9G-TRONIC

C180 is using the old 1.6 engine 

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Saloon C180 Avantgarde (A)

Engine capacity 1,595 cc

Pardon my ignorance. With the E-class coming up with a new variant or design in Germany this summer. How come they are coming up with a E180 in this form factor (chassis)? Are they trying to clear stock for their chassis under this model??

2 minutes ago, camrysfe said:

C180 is using the old 1.6 engine 

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Saloon C180 Avantgarde (A)

Engine capacity 1,595 cc

Yes it is using the M274 Mercedes Engine single scroll turbo

6 minutes ago, Meloble said:

Yes it is using the M274 Mercedes Engine single scroll turbo

Made a mistake. I thought the 1.6 engine is renault source. Apparently the renault source one is in the current A200

Just now, camrysfe said:

Made a mistake. I thought the 1.6 engine is renault source. Apparently the renault source one is in the current A200

Anyway why you keep banging on renault source? Have you even driven the engine? It is made in Germany and not made in france. It has a mercedes logo stamped on it. In which press release was there a note that it is sourced and made in Renault ? 

2 hours ago, Meloble said:

Anyway why you keep banging on renault source? Have you even driven the engine? It is made in Germany and not made in france. It has a mercedes logo stamped on it. In which press release was there a note that it is sourced and made in Renault ? 

Of course  pple r paying mercedes price but some r unaware tt its a Renault engine... wic models r using e Renault engine? Tq for helping

Edited by HappyDriver24
Spelling

3 hours ago, Meloble said:

YEah

2 hours ago, HappyDriver24 said:

Of course  pple r paying mercedes price but some r unaware tt its a Renault engine... wic models r using e Renault engine? Tq for helping

i think its the GLA that is using renault... if i am not wrong...

6 hours ago, Meloble said:

Different strokes for different folks. E 180 fills in the void of people in the budget of Audi A6 / Lexus ES 250 where it is more affordable than a E 200 and for people that finds the C-Class too small for their needs.

C 160 is for CAT A market where there is currently no other rival from BMW/Audi that is CAT A. Now CAT A and B is quite similar, but come a time when the price of CAT A/B begins to deviate, the C 160 may appeal to those looking at a CAT A car.

Rewind back the clock a decade ago, the C 160 Kompressor/CGI 1.6L Cat A cars sold quite well back then with 5G-Tronic and an even more basic interior lacking electric seats/navi/apple carplay/android auto...etc. The C 160 has 9G-Tronic and a full suite of features that's identical to the C 180. Clearly, it is for folks that power is not the main priority but still wants the creature comforts for the daily drive 

I think u look again at A6 price, almost same as E class. 

Neutral Newbie

I believe that the Renault engines are all fitting into the Entry-model Mercedes, for example the A and B class ranges, provided that they're all smaller than 2000cc

7 hours ago, SZ_ford said:

bro u very funny ah

He has always denied his own actions after being query by some fellow mcfers.

9 hours ago, Meloble said:

Both the C-Class and E-Class are using Mercedes in-house engines M264 and Mercedes Gearbox 9G-Tronic. Where did you get the info from that it is renault? What's your source? 

FYI 

C160 - M264 Single Scroll Turbo 1.5L w/ 9G-TRONIC

E180 - M264 Twin Scroll Turbo 1.5L w/ 9G-TRONIC

Ho Meloble

thanks for your research, but can share where this source is from?

how you know C160 is single scroll vs E180 - twin scroll ?

because C200FL is twin scroll 

so C160 is not the same engine ?

↡ Advertisement