2016 Mercedes E-class (W213)

Nonewposts

4 minutes ago, SZ_ford said:

i can finally own S180 coupe amg line 😄😄😄

I want G180 AMG line 😎

↡ Advertisement

12 hours ago, Meloble said:

Let's just leave it as i know what i am talking about. If i am not sure, i will not put it out there and mislead folks. Feel free to fact check me please. In the Daimler world even the same engine M264 there are many variants and matching of components to meet the requirements for emissions and tax brackets for multiple markets globally. 

Singapore Market Models Specific here

C 160 - 1.5L M264 Mono-Scroll Turbo 129hp/210nm 9G-Tronic

C 200 - 1.5L M264 Twin-Scroll Turbo with 48V Mild-Hybrid system  184hp/280nm 9G-Tronic

E 180 - 1.5L M264 Twin-Scroll Turbo 156hp/250nm 9G-Tronic

GLA uses Mercedes M270 Engine. In-house developed and built in Germany

Latest List Price from both PA & C&C

Audi A6 - $242,000

Mercedes-Benz E 200 AVG - $257,000

I do not think it is 'almost same' at $15,000 differential. 

If audi a6 is being offered 5yrs or 200k milleage warranty like bmws. Then go ahead to buy the audi. Its pretty rare or prob non existant now on the roads. 

Looks good on youtube.

Downside is low omw. 44k plus. Thus the audi ad in singapore should be able to offer a long term warranty and good overtrade.

My humble opinions only

7 minutes ago, Spurman said:

If audi a6 is being offered 5yrs or 200k milleage warranty like bmws. Then go ahead to buy the audi. Its pretty rare or prob non existant now on the roads. 

Looks good on youtube.

Downside is low omw. 44k plus. Thus the audi ad in singapore should be able to offer a long term warranty and good overtrade.

My humble opinions only

Think after the saga Audi gives unlimited mileage 5 years warranty

13 hours ago, Meloble said:

Let's just leave it as i know what i am talking about. If i am not sure, i will not put it out there and mislead folks. Feel free to fact check me please. In the Daimler world even the same engine M264 there are many variants and matching of components to meet the requirements for emissions and tax brackets for multiple markets globally. 

Singapore Market Models Specific here

C 160 - 1.5L M264 Mono-Scroll Turbo 129hp/210nm 9G-Tronic

C 200 - 1.5L M264 Twin-Scroll Turbo with 48V Mild-Hybrid system  184hp/280nm 9G-Tronic

E 180 - 1.5L M264 Twin-Scroll Turbo 156hp/250nm 9G-Tronic

GLA uses Mercedes M270 Engine. In-house developed and built in Germany

Latest List Price from both PA & C&C

Audi A6 - $242,000

Mercedes-Benz E 200 AVG - $257,000

I do not think it is 'almost same' at $15,000 differential. 

You know next to nothing if you really think Audi is selling their 44k omv A6 at “list price” of 242k for a 70% profit margin lololololol...

8 hours ago, joshua182 said:

You know next to nothing if you really think Audi is selling their 44k omv A6 at “list price” of 242k for a 70% profit margin lololololol...

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_listing.php?BRSR=0&MOD=Audi&RPG=15

people say Audi PA spread is actually the thinnest among the Merc & BMW

that is why you see very few PI selling, 

just go over to SGCARMART see how many PI Merc & PI BMW

compare to AUDI

19 hours ago, Meloble said:

Cool, happy for you that it does not matter. To some it does and that 15k differential is enough for them not to even step into another brand. 

Keep the Audi beyond 5 years and the 15k savings would disappear. It is more problematic and expensive to repair than the Merc.

Edited by Nav14

On 2/18/2020 at 10:59 PM, TeamAMG69 said:

Ho Meloble

thanks for your research, but can share where this source is from?

how you know C160 is single scroll vs E180 - twin scroll ?

because C200FL is twin scroll 

so C160 is not the same engine ?

meloble is 101% correct with regards to the tech specs. lets just say you cannot get any closer to the horse's mouth other than being the horse itself.

10 hours ago, joshua182 said:

All things being equal. What you pay at transacted price is depending on your negotiations with the respective agents. For discussion sake, we will just use the listed MSRP available publicly. Thanks

Edited by Meloble

16 minutes ago, Meloble said:

All things being equal. What you pay at transacted price is depending on your negotiations with the respective agents. For discussion sake, we will just use the listed MSRP available publicly. Thanks

Average transactional prices are actual prices. Also, its not an MSRP,  many ADs inflate the asking prices to allow for "high" value trade ins, high loans and the such. This is common and this is widely know. PA does it to all their cars, PML and C&C do it on a much lesser extent and to some makes only. Therefore, to use the listed prices for the purposes of your discussion is, to put it gently, a joke.

8 minutes ago, joshua182 said:

Average transactional prices are actual prices. Also, its not an MSRP,  many ADs inflate the asking prices to allow for "high" value trade ins, high loans and the such. This is common and this is widely know. PA does it to all their cars, PML and C&C do it on a much lesser extent and to some makes only. Therefore, to use the listed prices for the purposes of your discussion is, to put it gently, a joke.

If list price is a joke, please educate us all here what will be the appropriate numbers we should be looking at since you seem to know better. You have all the transaction prices for the 3 German brands? If you do please state and share here, if not it is moot point. We will all see what's the joke all about. This is a public forum, i can only infer from what is available publicly so everyone can refer to as a general 'guideline'.

Edited by Meloble

11 hours ago, joshua182 said:

Anyway what you are telling everyone here is also public info that can be found on One motoring. Do not see what is so funny. 

42 minutes ago, joshua182 said:

As far as I know, there is no way to know what are the actual transactional prices so to discuss based on list price is fair although I do get your point on high trade in etc but in the absence of this info, how else to compare other than list price?

• Praise 6

3 hours ago, Meloble said:

If list price is a joke, please educate us all here what will be the appropriate numbers we should be looking at since you seem to know better. You have all the transaction prices for the 3 German brands? If you do please state and share here, if not it is moot point. We will all see what's the joke all about. This is a public forum, i can only infer from what is available publicly so everyone can refer to as a general 'guideline'.

I think list price not accurate

if A brand price higher but offer higher overtrade than B

can we say A more expensive than B?

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

meloble is 101% correct with regards to the tech specs. lets just say you cannot get any closer to the horse's mouth other than being the horse itself.

ok thanks, i will take it as Bible truth

On 2/18/2020 at 2:18 PM, Meloble said:

Different strokes for different folks. E 180 fills in the void of people in the budget of Audi A6 / Lexus ES 250 where it is more affordable than a E 200 and for people that finds the C-Class too small for their needs.

C 160 is for CAT A market where there is currently no other rival from BMW/Audi that is CAT A. Now CAT A and B is quite similar, but come a time when the price of CAT A/B begins to deviate, the C 160 may appeal to those looking at a CAT A car.

Rewind back the clock a decade ago, the C 160 Kompressor/CGI 1.6L Cat A cars sold quite well back then with 5G-Tronic and an even more basic interior lacking electric seats/navi/apple carplay/android auto...etc. The C 160 has 9G-Tronic and a full suite of features that's identical to the C 180. Clearly, it is for folks that power is not the main priority but still wants the creature comforts for the daily drive 

There wasn’t any C160 before.

• Praise 2

16 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

There wasn’t any C160 before.

Yea, the "budget" C class a decade+ ago was the C180 Kompressor Sports Coupe series.

At that time, Cat B was only 20k or less, so not a lot of people were concerned about larger engine. 😆

8 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I think list price not accurate

if A brand price higher but offer higher overtrade than B

can we say A more expensive than B?

Unfortunately due to the practice here, these listed prices do not really reflect the actual transacted prices which are not in the public domain. It also makes it difficult to compare on paper unless one goes down to get the offer at that time point and to negotiate.

One buyer may get a big discount but come with various conditions, poorer trade in, higher loans/interests etc whereas another buyer may appear to get a lesser discount but may have a better trade in value, less loans etc.    

In some other countries, like the USA for instance, the prices are much more transparent

The hidden costs are usually the added specs

• Praise 4

12 hours ago, Meloble said:

Anyway what you are telling everyone here is also public info that can be found on One motoring. Do not see what is so funny. 

The list price is public info, but so r the promotions. Audi likes to put effective price, whereby you just need to add about 4-5k to the effective price to get the real price, as this 4-5k are for the servicing, solar film etc.

For example, during motorshow, Audi selling A4 at 160k with 10k trade in booster, so it’s 150k. After the servicing etc, effective was 145k. 

Their list price for A4 is always 188,016, regardless of whatever coe movements. That is already a clue that it is not indicative.

I feel if you compare makes based on the list price, knowing it is not accurate, that is a waste of time. A little more effort to notice trends can go a long way.

Another example is Merc A class which lists effective price at 134k, but list price is 160k+.

So what I am saying is, just analyse a few weeks, and you will be able to get the real prices for bmw, merc and audi as their strategy remains the same. Then that will make a better analysis.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1