Direct buyer and seller responsibilities

Geniuspear

Recently have a bad experience with a direct seller, most likely will left me carless as my car is sold and my seller car still pending.

2 weeks ago met up with a direct seller, price agreed and everything and i told him ill apply for loan. I then approached a friend who use to work in car trade for help.

Loan was approved, i then told seller that i need him to sign buyer/seller agreement and front and back of IC as the finance company says they requires them to verify. Seller told me his aunty was owner so need his aunty to settle. Spoke to the aunty and even got my friend to explain and the aunty say she is afraid to pass her ic front and back or sign any agreement because she scare ill use her ic to borrow ah long =.= she also claims to be very familiar with the procedure for buying and selling used car.

Buyer inform me that his aunty going oversea in 2 days time , need to settle the car a.s.a.p. Buyer aunty agrees to provide IC front back and sign the document after i sent her my own IC front back as "insurances"

My agent then inform seller side that they can pass him her IC and he will apply the pin for them etc, they refuses as they dun trust us, so my agent told them to go get the pin from LTA themself and also sign on the LTA transfer form before she leave for oversea.

The aunty then told me again that she is very familiar with car selling procedure and that she will NOT sign on anything. After explaining, she sign and pass to her nephew to safekeep.

Aunty then flew off oversea and Im left to deal with the nephew. Mean while, my own car was sold and new owner collected my car all settle within a few days.

I then contacted the seller and ask him if he can let me sign on the transfer form, and also ask him to apply for pin a.s.a.p. My loan and insurance is already ready pending for him.

Seller told me he busy, no time apply pin and he dont trust me with the transfer form ( wth? ). He ask me to faster clear his loan and pass him a cheque with the balance, after which he will apply for pin and let me sign on the transfer form, and then we will go to LTA.

I told him that if he wish to settle asap, he must work together and follow the procedure, my agent is willing to run a trips down to LTA etc to settle paperwork for us as he is my friend. Seller say he take instruction from his aunty.

Now im struck with no car and my job requires me to have 1, and I definitely dont want to apply the pin after giving him the cheque because most likely he will say he is too busy to apply the pin or transfer.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I read seller, then become buyer, then seller again .... *blur *

You met some kiasi people, dun buy from them, let their car value drop or kena squeeze [laugh]

Have you made any meaningful deposit? Otherwise give him a deadline to settle everything otherwise you will void contract and seek recourse.

Since the transfer form is signed along with the physical NRIC present with the seller, make half a day appointment, drive him down to the bank using the same car, do the settlement for the outstanding loan, make your way down to LTA, pass him the balance in CO/cash form and do the transfer over the counter.

He ask me to faster clear his loan and pass him a cheque with the balance,

Too busy yet he chases you to settle his loan for him along with giving him the balance? Car under aunty name? There is certainly an element of stench here.

If you pay off his loan for him and he decides to run off after that, you will effectively be buying a car for him.

For anyone that is buying cars from direct owners or alike, please make sure the vehicle belongs to the person that you are transacting with (easily verifiable via oneMotoring). Do the settlement together at the bank and thereafter ownership transfer at LTA. This will take no longer than half a day.

Recently have a bad experience with a direct seller, most likely will left me carless as my car is sold and my seller car still pending.

2 weeks ago met up with a direct seller, price agreed and everything and i told him ill apply for loan. I then approached a friend who use to work in car trade for help.

Loan was approved, i then told seller that i need him to sign buyer/seller agreement and front and back of IC as the finance company says they requires them to verify. Seller told me his aunty was owner so need his aunty to settle. Spoke to the aunty and even got my friend to explain and the aunty say she is afraid to pass her ic front and back or sign any agreement because she scare ill use her ic to borrow ah long =.= she also claims to be very familiar with the procedure for buying and selling used car.

Buyer inform me that his aunty going oversea in 2 days time , need to settle the car a.s.a.p. Buyer aunty agrees to provide IC front back and sign the document after i sent her my own IC front back as "insurances"

My agent then inform seller side that they can pass him her IC and he will apply the pin for them etc, they refuses as they dun trust us, so my agent told them to go get the pin from LTA themself and also sign on the LTA transfer form before she leave for oversea.

The aunty then told me again that she is very familiar with car selling procedure and that she will NOT sign on anything. After explaining, she sign and pass to her nephew to safekeep.

Aunty then flew off oversea and Im left to deal with the nephew. Mean while, my own car was sold and new owner collected my car all settle within a few days.

I then contacted the seller and ask him if he can let me sign on the transfer form, and also ask him to apply for pin a.s.a.p. My loan and insurance is already ready pending for him.

Seller told me he busy, no time apply pin and he dont trust me with the transfer form ( wth? ). He ask me to faster clear his loan and pass him a cheque with the balance, after which he will apply for pin and let me sign on the transfer form, and then we will go to LTA.

I told him that if he wish to settle asap, he must work together and follow the procedure, my agent is willing to run a trips down to LTA etc to settle paperwork for us as he is my friend. Seller say he take instruction from his aunty.

Now im struck with no car and my job requires me to have 1, and I definitely dont want to apply the pin after giving him the cheque because most likely he will say he is too busy to apply the pin or transfer.

• Praise 1

This will take no longer than half a day.

recently bought a car from a direct seller. his loan was with Stan Chart. I paid cash to redeem it. it too 3 days to clear before the bank released the car for transfer at LTA. So bear it mind it might not be only half a day. I had assumed it will take at most 1day in this electronic age. but seems like stan chart is super slow and maybe still using pigeons as couriers. i settled the loan on Tuesday morning, it was only on Friday afternoon at 3pm then we could transfer at LTA. But i took over the car on Tuesday already and i had bought insurance cover for it. this was sort of to safe guard me to some extent.

Best is still to deal with sellers and buyers with no loans. just cash and transfer at LTA.

No deposit was made ( thankfully as this feels like a scam already ). Seller's aunty refuse to apply for LTA transaction PIN. Keep insist I full settle her car and pass balance before they will proceed with paperwork. Totally fishy. Still keep threatening me say got many other buyer and say that I should get my dealer to use LTA system to get her PIN.

Totally not comfortable to deal with her due to various reason also.

I guess she should have fun trying to sell her car

No deposit was made ( thankfully as this feels like a scam already ). Seller's aunty refuse to apply for LTA transaction PIN. Keep insist I full settle her car and pass balance before they will proceed with paperwork. Totally fishy. Still keep threatening me say got many other buyer and say that I should get my dealer to use LTA system to get her PIN.

Totally not comfortable to deal with her due to various reason also.

I guess she should have fun trying to sell her car

Deal with auntie, no way Jose......

Since she is so familiar with the car selling procedure make her suggest the way to settle the deal lor. I dun think she wants to sell the car period. Just walk away.

recently bought a car from a direct seller. his loan was with Stan Chart. I paid cash to redeem it. it too 3 days to clear before the bank released the car for transfer at LTA. So bear it mind it might not be only half a day. I had assumed it will take at most 1day in this electronic age. but seems like stan chart is super slow and maybe still using pigeons as couriers. i settled the loan on Tuesday morning, it was only on Friday afternoon at 3pm then we could transfer at LTA. But i took over the car on Tuesday already and i had bought insurance cover for it. this was sort of to safe guard me to some extent.

Best is still to deal with sellers and buyers with no loans. just cash and transfer at LTA.

guess I was lucky. Bought my car 2 weeks ago.

10am - settled seller's loan at citibank.

2.30pm - LTA side cleared for transfer [thumbsup]

guess diff bank diff procedure.

• Praise 1

Come come, buy my car @ S$19k.

Paper now $17388, scrap at 28jun $16600.

There is a buyer can buy the rims at $800.

Total min rebate @ S$ 17400.

$19k less $17.4 = $1600 for 6 months.

Opt for off-peak, LTA give you $1100 for 6 months.

I dont have the cash flow to keep 2 cars and issues with insurance to keep 2 cars.

Otherwise I would had done so myself.

I got buyer for my rims at $800 = $18188.

↡ Advertisement