Insurance Premium for Turbo Charged Car

Qpik

Supercharged

Folks who own TC car. Is yr premium higher compared to another variant of same make?

Eg. A sedan with 2 variant 1.4L TC vs 1.6L NA.

Are you paying the same insurance premium as a 1.6L variant? Or maybe I should phrase it as "Should insurance premium for 1.4L TC be lower than a 1.6L NA"?

TIA for your inputs.

↡ Advertisement

I know that for Sylphy, the turbo 1.6 insurance premium is about *$100 to $200 more than the NA (1.6, 1.8) versions. I think for other cars the difference can be alot more.

*Above base on AIG insurance quoted by Tan Chong for driver aged above 30+, 10 years exp, 50+5% NCD.

Edited by Columbian78
  • Praise 1

I would think the 'targeted' market for the car would make a bigger impact on the premiums.

That said, many cars intended for performance seeking owners tend to be TC or SC. And now CTR has joined the masses.

Supercharged

I know that for Sylphy, the turbo 1.6 insurance premium is about *$100 to $200 more than the NA (1.6, 1.8) versions. I think for other cars the difference can be alot more.

*Above base on AIG insurance quoted by Tan Chong for driver aged above 30+, 10 years exp, 50+5% NCD.

For Sylphy, the cc for NA is 1598, TC is 1618. TC asides, the premium quoted is not too far off.

But, what I am actually referring to is a 1362cc TC vs 1598cc NA same model but different variant.

For Sylphy, the cc for NA is 1598, TC is 1618. TC asides, the premium quoted is not too far off.

But, what I am actually referring to is a 1362cc TC vs 1598cc NA same model but different variant.

Is that Cruze 1.4 TC and 1.6 NA? If so, my guess is that the former would be higher but should not be more by more than 20-30%.

Supercharged

Is that Cruze 1.4 TC and 1.6 NA? If so, my guess is that the former would be higher but should not be more by more than 20-30%.

spot on.

i do not know the premium for a 1.6NA, any idea where to find out cos I was quoted based on 1.6NA.

Insurance will cap on accident rates of that particular car. If u talking about 1.4 TSI, good luck as there are very high numbers of VW cars on the road and accident rates will be higher than all those TC model which are lower numbers in Singapore.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

spot on.

i do not know the premium for a 1.6NA, any idea where to find out cos I was quoted based on 1.6NA.

why not try Aviva online quotation? you will get the answer instantly.

• Praise 3

spot on.

haha, i was also bioing that car :)

But underdtand that the cruze is at least 1.4 tons (kerb weight). End up with not so good FC....similar to my 9-10/L Getz....

Also, its a sub 13sec car. In view that Cat A/B diff is so close (way <10k), over 10 years....I will take the TC.

Further....even at 150% road tax as a PQP car, its still within 1k per annum....

For such a heavy car, I would wan something w a lite TC that spools from below 1.8k rpm to have 200nm, pulling it around. Cruze wagon oso nice. Further its 6AT. (no dry dct )

• Praise 1

spot on.

You want to know?

PM me!

Cannot say loud loud.

unless u are driving Scooby do car. Premium will be on the high side.

For me, insurance for TC car usually between S$850 to S$1200 for 50% NCD and car lifespan left 3-4yrs.

Driver age abv 40.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

You want to know?

PM me!

Cannot say loud loud.

Bro, don't tease me lah.

I asking for a BB TC not yr League of SuperCar

Bro, don't tease me lah.

I asking for a BB TC not yr League of SuperCar

I know and i am very serious about my method.

If you seriously want to know, tell me. I can PM you.

• Praise 1

Folks who own TC car. Is yr premium higher compared to another variant of same make?

Eg. A sedan with 2 variant 1.4L TC vs 1.6L NA.

Are you paying the same insurance premium as a 1.6L variant? Or maybe I should phrase it as "Should insurance premium for 1.4L TC be lower than a 1.6L NA"?

TIA for your inputs.

my one is 2.9 turbo is 1200per year 30%ncd

Supercharged

haha, i was also bioing that car :)

But underdtand that the cruze is at least 1.4 tons (kerb weight). End up with not so good FC....similar to my 9-10/L Getz....

Also, its a sub 13sec car. In view that Cat A/B diff is so close (way <10k), over 10 years....I will take the TC.

Further....even at 150% road tax as a PQP car, its still within 1k per annum....

For such a heavy car, I would wan something w a lite TC that spools from below 1.8k rpm to have 200nm, pulling it around. Cruze wagon oso nice. Further its 6AT. (no dry dct )

Oh, quite true. The weight is a killer. In fact, there were afew times my leg got caught gently by the door, I ended up with bruising.

Mine is under Cat A not B.

my one is 2.9 turbo is 1200per year 30%ncd

U smoker? Tot u gone BMW as in BusMrtWalk or u changed to one?

• Praise 1

Oh, quite true. The weight is a killer. In fact, there were afew times my leg got caught gently by the door, I ended up with bruising.

Mine is under Cat A not B.

U smoker? Tot u gone BMW as in BusMrtWalk or u changed to one?

haha managed to repair liao

now i roam down lane 3 at 70 jin staki mens

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1