Samsung Technical Support is lousy

Keithhiap

I have throw them a support ticket and i find most of them are clueless on the resolution.

I have explained and attached screenshot and yet they are responded me with what i have troubleshoot myself.

As for today, still no news from them, guess they are avoiding me due to no resolution.

My inquiry as follows:

Samsung Note 3 + Galaxy Gear

1. Have already enabled Notfications __> Preview Message
2. Have already enabled More notifications __> WhatsAPP
3. On Samsung Gear Version: 1.7.110499
4. On Samsung Note 3 Version: 4.4.2
5. On Samsung Note 3, Under General __> Security __> Notification Access __> Samsung Gear has been enabled.

Please advice why Samsung Galaxy Gear not able to see the preview message on the watch?

They responded me:

Dear Mr Hiap,

Reference Number: 2122048761

Thank you for your email dated 10 December 2014.

We are sorry to learn of the inconveniences you are facing with your mobile device.

Please be informed that you may need to swipe the notification bar to the right on your Gear S and click on the specific notification to read preview messages.

Kindly note that you may reply to text messages via the Gear S but for WhatsApp messages, you will only be able to preview the messages.

We hope that the above information serves useful to you.

Thank you for writing to us and we look forward to be of service to you again.

Yours Sincerely,
Rasul Kassim (Ms)
Samsung Customer Care

Hotline (24-hour): 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864)
Facsimile: (65) 6415 0353
Live Chat: http://livechat.support.samsung.com/LiveChat/customer/sg

↡ Advertisement

iPhone + Gear will be even worse [:p]

Is this a whatsapp issue? The other notifications are fine correct?

Gear problem maybe?

Whatsapp issue lor.

Googled already many said not working anymore.

I think Gear S is OK but not first generation Gear.

I was wondering iphone watch can read whatsapp message or not, tho I haven't Google yet.

But iPhone watch kind of over price liao.

i know HTC has the worst customer service ever, and samsung also isnt that far behind (my wife had a note ... initially she said after moving from iphone to samsung, it was like heaven ... and then when came to repair when spoilt ... and all the run arounds those idiots give you ... she came back to iphone without thinking twice... to me i dont give a shit which phone is better ... but if my phone is under warranty, you either damn well give me a temp phone while you repair, or do 1-to-1 like apple. i hate wasting my time~! )

i know HTC has the worst customer service ever, and samsung also isnt that far behind (my wife had a note ... initially she said after moving from iphone to samsung, it was like heaven ... and then when came to repair when spoilt ... and all the run arounds those idiots give you ... she came back to iphone without thinking twice... to me i dont give a shit which phone is better ... but if my phone is under warranty, you either damn well give me a temp phone while you repair, or do 1-to-1 like apple. i hate wasting my time~! )

I used iPhone 4 until now. Never had to go back for warranty. Maybe I'm just lucky :D

I used iPhone 4 until now. Never had to go back for warranty. Maybe I'm just lucky :D

u sibei heng la. i use nexus one until i wanna vomit blood. eventually just gave the pos away. damn fed up with htc. will never ever buy their crappy products.

and if i havent mentioned this before ... i met someone from the htc family before ... in taiwan, they use htc. but when they were in sg ... busy using iphone.

• Praise 1

u sibei heng la. i use nexus one until i wanna vomit blood. eventually just gave the pos away. damn fed up with htc. will never ever buy their crappy products.

and if i havent mentioned this before ... i met someone from the htc family before ... in taiwan, they use htc. but when they were in sg ... busy using iphone.

Ya... sibeh heng :D Come to think of it, I only had to claim warranty once. Long long long ago when I use one of the earlier Samsung smart phones. Dropped into swimming pool while I was talking to a client. [:p] NEVER had any problems with phones I use [grin]

Even HTC phones, I use one of their earliest slideout keyboard phone. Also no problem but when Apple came onto the scene, no phone makers could catch up.

Twincharged

I thought samsung also lend you a phone when under warranty? I did get a phone to use when I sent my S2 in for a cracked screen. Luckily that is the only time I had a phone spoil.

Ya... sibeh heng :D Come to think of it, I only had to claim warranty once. Long long long ago when I use one of the earlier Samsung smart phones. Dropped into swimming pool while I was talking to a client. [:p] NEVER had any problems with phones I use [grin]

Even HTC phones, I use one of their earliest slideout keyboard phone. Also no problem but when Apple came onto the scene, no phone makers could catch up.

i had the htc touch and touch pro. both running windows mobile (and eventually, custom roms). the htc touch pro still works till today surprisingly. was trying to give it away, but nobody wanted ... haha.

so far, after using apple, wont change just because of warranty. i like the 1 to 1 exchange. very practical and time saving. i just need a phone that works.

I thought samsung also lend you a phone when under warranty? I did get a phone to use when I sent my S2 in for a cracked screen. Luckily that is the only time I had a phone spoil.

when my wife sent in her phone, they said they had too many returns, and she has to wait a day to come and get a replacement phone as they were out of stock of loaner phones.

i thought that was the most stupidest thing i ever heard. my wife had to settle on using my iphone 4 for a few days.

i had the htc touch and touch pro. both running windows mobile (and eventually, custom roms). the htc touch pro still works till today surprisingly. was trying to give it away, but nobody wanted ... haha.

so far, after using apple, wont change just because of warranty. i like the 1 to 1 exchange. very practical and time saving. i just need a phone that works.

when my wife sent in her phone, they said they had too many returns, and she has to wait a day to come and get a replacement phone as they were out of stock of loaner phones.

i thought that was the most stupidest thing i ever heard. my wife had to settle on using my iphone 4 for a few days.

The thing is, Apple has a refurbished set program where people will still buy them. Don't think Samsung or other makes have it.

The thing is, Apple has a refurbished set program where people will still buy them. Don't think Samsung or other makes have it.

if 1st hand cant trust samsung, refurb lagi teruk!

Same same. I bought my iphone 4 in july 2011 until now also no prob except the home button sometimes not sensitive need to press harder. Battery still ok and screen protector put from 2011 until now still like new. A few months ago just upgraded to ios7 then felt like another new phone again although new ios abit more laggy.

Same same. I bought my iphone 4 in july 2011 until now also no prob except the home button sometimes not sensitive need to press harder. Battery still ok and screen protector put from 2011 until now still like new. A few months ago just upgraded to ios7 then felt like another new phone again although new ios abit more laggy.

Exactly. For iPhone, the quality is there. Can't say the same for the other makes [laugh] [laugh]

I think you are lucky. My Wife iphone 4 failed within warranty. Get a warranty replacement. Failed again after a few month.

My college iphone 4 failed just after warranty. Cost him $200+ to repaired.

• Praise 1

I think you are lucky. My Wife iphone 4 failed within warranty. Get a warranty replacement. Failed again after a few month.

My college iphone 4 failed just after warranty. Cost him $200+ to repaired.

I must be damn lucky then. Even my iPad 2 until now still working fine even though I've upgrade to iPad Air. :D

↡ Advertisement