Foreign visitors to Malaysia must now have return flight tix

Shull

Just in on CNA.

Foreign visitors to Malaysia must now have return flight tickets

KUALA LUMPUR: The Malaysian government has made it compulsory for all foreign visitors to have a return ticket or a flight out of the country.

Deputy Home Minister Wan Junaidi confirmed the move to Channel NewsAsia, telling the Senate on Wednesday (Dec 10) that this was to prevent tourists overstaying in the South-east Asian nation.

The move comes as the country's Immigration Department reportedly pledged Malaysia would be free of illegal immigrants by 2020. According to government estimates, there are currently almost 2.5 million illegal immigrants in the country.

- CNA/by

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/foreign-visitors-to/1526172.html

Those driving in or taking 170 bus to JB for day trip how? Got exception?

Edited by Shull
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

how about those that fly in but take coach out....

i suspect S'poreans may be excluded from this ruling

I think so too.

Even now, if i drive in with a non-Singaporean in the car, the kastam officer will ask whether he/she is a PR/WP holder in SG..

Just in on CNA.

Those driving in or taking 170 bus to JB for day trip how? Got exception?

Haha, driving up north in 2 weeks' time. Maybe whole M convoy kena naked squats. :D

• Praise 3

There's alreay a hedge in office going around on when they are going to U-turn on this..

I think won't enforce at land border. Just like the fingerprint thingy. All points of entry need to do, except for JB/Tuas.. Not sure about the Thai border though

crazy? another malaysia boleh idea ...

many fly budget airline oneway where got return ticket?

some visit msia already then take coach to spore or thailand and then fly budget again

Edited by Wt_know

I drove with Chinese friend to JB for a golf. Just a day trip but was stopped. They demanded return from my China friend. Told custom he got a eticket to fly out of Changi airport but they still demand printed ticket. No choice but to call home and got some to print the eticket and fax to them.

• Praise 1

Haha, driving up north in 2 weeks' time. Maybe whole M convoy kena naked squats. :D

Have a good trip. It sounds like you are really forward to it. [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 1

seriously? btw, china friend already got visa to go in msia assuming this 1-day trip is impromptu?

I drove with Chinese friend to JB for a golf. Just a day trip but was stopped. They demanded return from my China friend. Told custom he got a eticket to fly out of Changi airport but they still demand printed ticket. No choice but to call home and got some to print the eticket and fax to them.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1