Honda stream 2007 repair/maintenance

Zvicki

Ok.will keep them in mind. Have changed my tyres thus far cos realised itsnalmost worn off. Next will be brakes and see if the situation improves.

Hi Guys, also realised my petrol indicator recently abit funny. Usually at 400km it would have gone down to final quarter of the indicator. But recently at 420km my indicator still show half the tank full.

Im also hearing metal thud sounds at my rear left when driving off. Been trying to figure out but cant find the source. So logically i piece them together as thats where my petrol input is and presumably the tank.

Could it be something is wrong with the petrol tank or my petrol indicator is giving way.

1) Maybe your fuel pump fuel lever sensor in the fuel pump maybe stuck or faulty already.

2) the rear thud sound could maybe be rear camber worn out already. when camber worn out, you will noticed that the rear tyre gap to rear fender gap is lower, just like people cut spring to lower car. camber worn will also cause uneven wear and improper alignment to the wheels and worn out the tyres faster. likely could  be the camber worn.

that being said, to check camber you can get workshop to jack up the car to check. 

↡ Advertisement

Just want to have a show of interest of any more keen diyers here?

Hi there ,

I like to join in and have more options on keeping the car well!

Edited by Bilsteiner
  • Praise 1

1) Maybe your fuel pump fuel lever sensor in the fuel pump maybe stuck or faulty already.

2) the rear thud sound could maybe be rear camber worn out already. when camber worn out, you will noticed that the rear tyre gap to rear fender gap is lower, just like people cut spring to lower car. camber worn will also cause uneven wear and improper alignment to the wheels and worn out the tyres faster. likely could be the camber worn.

that being said, to check camber you can get workshop to jack up the car to check.

Ok will keep them in mind when i go to my mech this week. Thank you man!
  • Praise 1

There are few possibilities - loose ball joints, uneven wear between the front left and right wheel, Brake discs getting too thin, wheel bearings wear off. Hope these indicators will be of help to you.

Check your brake rotors, they may be wrapped. 

• Praise 1

Check your brake rotors, they may be wrapped. 

Unless you have disc dial gauge, if not it's very difficult to detect disc wrappage with yr naked eyes

Hello stream owners' here,

Would really need some advice from all of you here.

I have just gotten a used 2009 Stream and intend to renew end Feb 2019.

I realized like morning or after relatively long time never start the car... when start car, have a overcrank hissing sound at the end after cranking...

I think the sound is like when u have already started the engine, then you crank again.....

Problem is it doesn't come every time when starting the car.

Any suggestion of any parts is faulty ? Starter motor or alternator etc.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Would like to change the parts before it fails, especially when CNY is coming.

Thanks

• Praise 1

Hello stream owners' here,

Would really need some advice from all of you here.

I have just gotten a used 2009 Stream and intend to renew end Feb 2019.

I realized like morning or after relatively long time never start the car... when start car, have a overcrank hissing sound at the end after cranking...

I think the sound is like when u have already started the engine, then you crank again.....

Problem is it doesn't come every time when starting the car.

Any suggestion of any parts is faulty ? Starter motor or alternator etc.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Would like to change the parts before it fails, especially when CNY is coming.

Thanks

Chances the the car starter overrun clutch is not functioning properly due to ageing.

Chances the the car starter overrun clutch is not functioning properly due to ageing.

Hi Yeobh,

Thanks a lot for the advice.. I went down to the workshop and have a similar diagnosis from them...

I have changed a new motor. Hopefully it solves the problem.

↡ Advertisement