Honda stream 2007 repair/maintenance

Zvicki

Another question,

Any bros here scrapping their stream here soon? I am looking for a gearbox small cover as mine has lost... willingly to pay a small token for it.

Please let me know. Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Hi Yeobh,

Thanks a lot for the advice.. I went down to the workshop and have a similar diagnosis from them...

I have changed a new motor. Hopefully it solves the problem.

Welcome, pl ask more questions on repairs and services, apparently we the forum is highly out of focus.

Hi Yeobh,

Thanks a lot for the advice.. I went down to the workshop and have a similar diagnosis from them...

I have changed a new motor. Hopefully it solves the problem.

you changed the starter motor?

Yes.. changed today

I also changed starter motor recently and I realise the cranking time is slightly shorter than previously. Mech said it is normal as the new starter will naturally spin faster than old one.

I'll hear a short burst of metal grinding sound after the engine is started as I'm still not used to the shorter cranking yet.

Just remember to release your key the moment you hear engine has started. I guess it take time to get used to it.

• Praise 1

Hello All,

Started the car after more than 12 hours on 2 separate days and the sound is back to normal. Change of the starter motor has indeed resolve the over-cranking issue.

Cheers. Would continue to monitor and add on if required.

• Praise 2

Hi all,

I just realised there will be water at the boot below the mold tray after car wash... I check the back seats and the area around the rubber seal.. there are no water there.. anyone experienced this?

Please let me know which part could have went wrong..

Thanks

Hi all,

I just realised there will be water at the boot below the mold tray after car wash... I check the back seats and the area around the rubber seal.. there are no water there.. anyone experienced this?

Please let me know which part could have went wrong..

Thanks

able to take pic to show?

The water is found below this molded tray.

To be fair, before I bought this car. I have also checked other stream and realise there are 2 other stream I have seen also have water this area. Therefore would like to know whether it’s normal since we won’t normally open up and check for water since the car interior lining and seats are all dry...

post-126662-0-65292100-1547441575.jpeg

Edited by Wil

To be fair, before I bought this car. I have also checked other stream and realise there are 2 other stream I have seen also have water this area. Therefore would like to know whether it’s normal since we won’t normally open up and check for water since the car interior lining and seats are all dry...

not normal. there should be some leakage somewhere. the molded tray should be dry.

Edited by StreamRSZ

Hi guys,

Just sharing a listing for Honda stream kakis’ who might be looking for some parts but not able to get them. I got my gearbox small cover @$5 which I have been looking for quite some time.

post-126662-0-36511100-1547552408_thumb.png

post-126662-0-00287100-1547552426_thumb.jpeg

post-126662-0-30306200-1547552439_thumb.jpeg

To be fair, before I bought this car. I have also checked other stream and realise there are 2 other stream I have seen also have water this area. Therefore would like to know whether itâs normal since we wonât normally open up and check for water since the car interior lining and seats are all dry...

Although I don't drive Stream but I repaired my leaking car boot recently. To determine the source of leak, I used water hose with the boot cover ajar, patiently look around for the leak. Water supply is to be minimal, the volume should be just enough to "flood" the door rubber seals.

In the end, I discovered 2 leak spots. One leak was caused by cracked sealant at the side, water was dripping from the top.

Another leak resulted water to sip under the boot mat, into the spare tyre well. It was caused a small gap from 2 thin metal sheets which was supposed to be sticked together. I always tot that car body is one whole piece one, but I was wrong.. Certain part of the car are joined by thin sheets of metal..

In the end, I spent 40 bucks for wksp to reapply sealant all around the rubber seals and sort all the leaking problems.

Before that, it's quite inconvenient to have a leaking boot, your mat will have the mouldy smell when it's damp, esp bad for MPV or Hatchback, the smell will spread into the car.

Hi guys,

Just sharing a listing for Honda stream kakis’ who might be looking for some parts but not able to get them. I got my gearbox small cover @$5 which I have been looking for quite some time.

thanks for sharing bro. does this scrapyard scrap alot of stream?

I am not sure about how many they scrap. But this is the only scrapyard willing to look for a small cover for a mere $5.

Although he/she told me there is an available piece with crackline but after that they help me find 1 that is in perfect condition.

I am not sure about how many they scrap. But this is the only scrapyard willing to look for a small cover for a mere $5.

Although he/she told me there is an available piece with crackline but after that they help me find 1 that is in perfect condition.

you personally went down to ask them to find or over the phone than confirm have than you go over.

I WhatsApp them @ +65 8877 5666 for the parts I am looking for... no need to go down... if they have the parts... they will reply and reserve for me.

• Praise 1

I WhatsApp them @ +65 8877 5666 for the parts I am looking for... no need to go down... if they have the parts... they will reply and reserve for me.

ok i see. another alternative for 2nd hand parts for our car.

↡ Advertisement