Honda stream 2007 repair/maintenance

Zvicki

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, i am looking for your opinion. In recent regular maintenance, my engineer suggested me to change the front absorber and engine mounting which cost about 1.5K inlcuding labor. I can feel the problem while driving and it is getting a little worse in the past 6 months. Howver, I am not sure whether I shall chang them now since the car is due in 3 years and I probably will change another car. what would you do if in my situation? thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hello, Firstly I dun think absorber and mounting cost that much. If it really does, you divide $1500 by 3 years. Only $500 a year / $40 a month to have a more comfortable ride. Feel what your heart says.

This method had served me well whenever I'm considering for any major repair, like you are now.

• Praise 1

do get a few quotations from other workshops although i am aware the spare parts of Honda are not cheap. if you are planning to stick with the current car for the next three years, i would think it is definitely more worthwhile to replace the parts now.

• Praise 2

changed engine mount (whole set) for my FD Civic last year at Autosaver Toh Guan, think around $800+ with AA discount.

but have to give them time to order the parts.

thank you guys for you advice. any reliable workshop to recommend? I am staying at CCK area..

you may want to consider AutoSaver or J's Garage. they are located at Toh Guan. give them a call to get a quotation first.

if you want to save some money, buy the replacement parts from a Honda stockist yourself and pay a workshop to do the replacement. Civic FD is using Showa OEM shock absorbers. not sure about Stream.

remember to go for wheel alignment if you are replacing the shock absorbers.

changed engine mount (whole set) for my FD Civic last year at Autosaver Toh Guan, think around $800+ with AA discount.

for Civic FD, how many pieces of mount are there in one full set? 3 or 4?

Neutral Newbie

thanks.

you may want to consider AutoSaver or J's Garage. they are located at Toh Guan. give them a call to get a quotation first.

if you want to save some money, buy the replacement parts from a Honda stockist yourself and pay a workshop to do the replacement. Civic FD is using Showa OEM shock absorbers. not sure about Stream.

remember to go for wheel alignment if you are replacing the shock absorbers.

IC, thank you very much.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, i am looking for your opinion. In recent regular maintenance, my engineer suggested me to change the front absorber and engine mounting which cost about 1.5K inlcuding labor. I can feel the problem while driving and it is getting a little worse in the past 6 months. Howver, I am not sure whether I shall chang them now since the car is due in 3 years and I probably will change another car. what would you do if in my situation? thanks.

Mine was the RN3 stream.

I managed to get the shock adsorber and the engine mounting changed about the same time period as you and all in all, costs me about 1.3K as well (I got the parts from Honda stockists) and go to a reliable workshop for changing. This was slightly more than 3 years back.

If it needs to change, you have to. No choice.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Mine was the RN3 stream.

I managed to get the shock adsorber and the engine mounting changed about the same time period as you and all in all, costs me about 1.3K as well (I got the parts from Honda stockists) and go to a reliable workshop for changing. This was slightly more than 3 years back.

If it needs to change, you have to. No choice.

thanks for advice

thanks for advice

... at auto saver, they will also tell you to change the rubber buffer when you change your absorber...it will cost u too..

• Praise 1

thank you guys for you advice. any reliable workshop to recommend? I am staying at CCK area..

Bro, can go to ACE motorsport. I recently went there to repair engine mounting. Cost of repair plus labor is $720.

Opening hours 12pm to 12midnight. Look for Mr Lim. He will advise you on the repair.

Address is No. 1 Soon Lee Street. #01-34, Pioneer Centre, Singapore 627605. Call 63343064.

• Praise 2

..shock absorber..auto-saver advertised as promo but exclude gst and rubber buffer..

I chg 3 parts top to bottom order - shock / strut mount, rubber stopper n shock. I don't think shock mount n stopper easily cui, but just chg them out since they cost 2 n 5 x lesser than shocks.
↡ Advertisement