PI volks auto is a scam

bingkok

wah ... sept already raised red flag liao ....

Come across this comment from another forum.

This bro is sharp!

PI - Volks Auto Pte Ltd at Macpherson

Came across straits ad and also online ads of this company, Volks Auto Pte Ltd.

http://m.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/PIdealer.php?dcode=1221

Cars are $10k- $20k cheaper than the rest of PIs. Price stated is for 1 bid guaranteed coe at 72k! How can a car be so discounted in an already competitive PI industry.

My quick check from ACRA confirms that the company is a new set up in 2014. A new setup giving massive discounts so that company can attract customers? Not logical, why would anyone do it at a loss? Profits from sale of a car is only a few thousands. Giving such discounts would mean operating at a loss.

Deposit for car is $10k + 10% of car value. Is this industry norms? Thought the norm is just $10k for coe bidding.

My common sense says buy with care. Cheap things do not always mean good things.

Has anyone had his car delivered from this PI? Any reviews?

Last edited by petamore; 23-09-2014 at 10:13 PM..

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Frankly, consumer protection here is BS.

Purely depend on how much the retailer / seller cherish their reputation.

For those who is out to con, you think they bother about reputation?

SG got consumer protection meh? I onli know we hv got toothless tiger walking ard in a caged zoo enclosure and having scammers laughing at them maciam some animal sideshow.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

So many gullible ppl ard... Newly incorporated PI also dare to buy from them.... They went in with their eyes open hoping to save that few thousand dollars but in the end lost everything... These scams have been around for the longest time and yet they can still ignore the warning signs... Sad to lose money that way..

• Praise 12

actually we face the same risk even for AD but the possibilty of it happening is much lesser lol...

Very long ago, my uncle put deposit for Kia

Also kena makan

• Praise 4

because GREED has no FEAR ... scam worked thousand years ago and continue to work thousand years more ...

So many gullible ppl ard... Newly incorporated PI also dare to buy from them.... They went in with their eyes open hoping to save that few thousand dollars but in the end lost everything... These scams have been around for the longest time and yet they can still ignore the warning signs... Sad to lose money that way..

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

I heartpain to part with 100k+ for a car I cannot test drive or have to wait for a loooonnnnnggggggggggggggtime to take ownership.

It's always the too good deals that trap alot of ppl into parting with sweat earned money. Actually the methods used by scammers is always based on 2 words, greed and/or gullibility.

It is high tide, I mean, time for the government to regulate this industry and more teeth for consumers to bite...jialat...i mean go after those errant and dishonest PIs, car dealers and those in cahoots to make our gullible fellowmen less gullible. Greed is more difficult to rid of because no one ever complain money enough liao.

Whilst I am empathetic and pls dun think i am condescending but with any big ticket purchases, one must wear 4 eyes and have 3 brains to make sure the deal is genuine and u do not lose your swear...I meant sweat stained moolah.

There are honest businesses and the crooks. Some lessons we learnt ourselves and paid school fees and there are others who paid for us to learn and not fall into same traps.

stay far far from greed and stay near near to MCF (Mai Con Forum) to be informed.

Hope affected bros will hv some good news on return of their deposits....slim chance but once awhile I believe in miracles. Good luck come yr way guys. Take care and dun let this episode put a dark cloud over loved ones.

• Praise 2

because GREED has no FEAR ... scam worked thousand years ago and continue to work thousand years later ....

How can they sleep peacefully at night ? [dizzy][smash]

• Praise 1

Bery nong time ago, Kia motor also the same

This is what i mean:

"Auto Asia" saga repeats itself!

actually we face the same risk even for AD but the possibilty of it happening is much lesser lol...

You are right. Auto Asia was the AD for KIA then.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

good luck to those who collect car also, no more warranty......

no real loss...PI warranty ain't worth crap most of the time...

• Praise 2

Wonder what are the steps to investigate about a company to check their initial investment, gst, company start up date, any debt, etc etc (I assume all this can be found out?)

Regulate car industry (Just like Property agents and Insurance agents). Simple and definitely will clear up those fly by night dealers. Not sure what's holding the govt back... Profit everyone and govt can also collect money. win-win.

• Praise 1

Buy car tio scammed also blame gahmen? Wah Lao, common sense tells u something is not right when others sell 130k and they sell 110k. 20k cheaper compared to other PI.

Blame one's own greed instead

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

How can they sleep peacefully at night ? [dizzy][smash]

with that much of money under the pillow, sure can sleep well. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement