PI volks auto is a scam

bingkok

SCAM :((

Hope our police can quickly stop the owner from leaving singapore with the $...

Lesson learnt: if the deal is too good to be true, be wary ...

• Praise 2

The affected buyers got come into mcf to discuss meh?

Seems straitstimes anyhow anyhow get MCF into picture,.

MCF technically belongs to SPH, which owns ST...

• Praise 1

u pay $10k deposit ... you suppose to collect the car in < 2 weeks after coe bidding

the risk is much lower compare to you pay deposit and the dealer tell you need 3-4 months (>50% chances delay) to import the car

anyway, buy from PI always come with a risk ... if not how would AD sell high?

actually we face the same risk even for AD but the possibilty of it happening is much lesser lol...

• Praise 1

Caveat emptor?....

• Praise 1

WLL ah......they will tell u dis one not criminal case, nothin' they can do, so dun lislurb them. [mad]

Oredi how many kena scammed at sim lim incl JC case n they still say the same. <_<

Sad that the public hv to rely on vigilantes like SMRT(Feedback) to dish out the justice....... [:(]

• Praise 1

any issue w them?

Many of my friends got from them over the years. So far most are satisfied. They even honor recalls from manufacturers during the booming days.

If I want to get PI model most prob I'll look for them, but caveat lah, do your homework before you dive in.

• Praise 2

WLL ah......they will tell u dis one not criminal case, nothin' they can do, so dun lislurb them. [mad]

Oredi how many kena scammed at sim lim incl JC case n they still say the same. <_<

Sad that the public hv to rely on vigilantes like SMRT(Feedback) to dish out the justice....... [:(]

Frankly, consumer protection here is BS.

Purely depend on how much the retailer / seller cherish their reputation.

For those who is out to con, you think they bother about reputation?

• Praise 7

Many of my friends got from them over the years. So far most are satisfied. They even honor recalls from manufacturers during the booming days.

If I want to get PI model most prob I'll look for them, but caveat lah, do your homework before you dive in.

In the past no problem doesn't means no problem in the future.

Really hard to say. Like the five star tour agency. In the past also doing very well and many happy customers. No one will expect they got into financial difficulties.

Buying from PI really not jus doing homework alone. Luck also?

• Praise 2

As i had mentioned in last MCF chat, it is time Gahmen authorities regulate used car dealer and IT/ electronics shop Vendors, if thy can regulate Life Insurance agent and R.E agents of 20-30K strength, I don't see any reasons why thy cannot, it's a matter thy want to or not.

Wipe the dirt before thy get dirtier, ( top and below ) [thumbsdown]

Used car dealers are worse than criminals, not all of e, if the 10% can affect the livelihood of the lots, imagine one scam per month is enough to sent shivers to all car-owners, whether buying new or used car, many of us here has to unravel many dirty potholes and mine warfare with them. [drivingcar]

• Praise 2

majority of used car dealers are wicked !!!

from mileage tampered to anything that you can think of

fully agreed with you that PI and used car dealership run like cowboy town ... buy at your own risk

this has given a very bad name to good PI (extremely few)

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Sim Lim scam , beauty saloons packages collect money close shop , timeshare holidays scam , PI collect money run roads, CASE cant do anything ask you file civil suit ....................we just keeps reading these over and over again. And we keep saying , if the deal is too good to be true , just walk away. But it still happens , and will continue to happen.

Why would anyone put down a 20 to 30k deposit to buy a car ; when we dont even pay this kind of amount as booking fee when we buy a 1m house. ( 1% booking fee for house is 10k ) . Plus when you buy property , you pay to lawyers who act as stakeholders .

I remember buying from PI about 10 yrs back and the booking fee is only 2k . They then have to book a COE using their own funds ( but COE was cheap then la , 16k ) , and when car arrived only then I settle the payment. I paid by cheque a few days before collecting car , but if I kiasi , I can choose to pay by cashiers order on the day of car collection itself.

Always think twice if you need to pay a large amount upfront with no collateral . Its less risky if you are paying to solicitors acting as stakeholers , followed by paying banks or financial institutions , then payment to the "Company" itself , and never ever pay to a Vendors personal account.

• Praise 2

Come across this comment from another forum.

This bro is sharp!

PI - Volks Auto Pte Ltd at Macpherson

Came across straits ad and also online ads of this company, Volks Auto Pte Ltd.

http://m.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/PIdealer.php?dcode=1221

Cars are $10k- $20k cheaper than the rest of PIs. Price stated is for 1 bid guaranteed coe at 72k! How can a car be so discounted in an already competitive PI industry.

My quick check from ACRA confirms that the company is a new set up in 2014. A new setup giving massive discounts so that company can attract customers? Not logical, why would anyone do it at a loss? Profits from sale of a car is only a few thousands. Giving such discounts would mean operating at a loss.

Deposit for car is $10k + 10% of car value. Is this industry norms? Thought the norm is just $10k for coe bidding.

My common sense says buy with care. Cheap things do not always mean good things.

Has anyone had his car delivered from this PI? Any reviews?

Last edited by petamore; 23-09-2014 at 10:13 PM..
  • Praise 1

不要前怕人后怕鬼. Do your homework and know which PI is the business even before you learn to walk.

A new chinese idiom learnt from MCF again..

Hope those affected can get some form of closure..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1