Toyota Mark X - Maintenance and Servicing

Geniuspear

Hi All,

I brought this Toyota mark x 2004 basic model .Excellent car apart from recently the engine check lights started to go ,got it diagnosed and found out the oxygen sensor is stuffed.Just trying to find the part number for it ,anyone got any idea.

Thanks In Advance.

Timmy

Guess u have already settled this. Had my O2 sensor failed as well. New ones cost about 150-180 per pc before labour.

I got mine changed in jb for RM150. Inclusive of used parts from scrap yards n labour.

Hi,

anyone driving the current Toyota Mark X? Don't see any on the road. Wanna know the FC for this model as its a V6.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_photos.php?CarCode=11337

Not sure about the new model, but seems like engine n gearbox setup didn't change much. FC should still be similar to the old model which is about 9-10km/L.

I believe lesser new ones on the road cos the new look seems less appealing and unique compared to the old ones. And price wise, when the old model was launched, it cost sub 100k for a new one when coe was like 13k.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hello Mark X Owners

I have a 2006 Toyota Mark X and i'm experiencing starter problems my Mark X is not starting. I don't know where I can find it on the car to change it. Can someone help me. 

• Praise 1

Hello Mark X Owners

I have a 2006 Toyota Mark X and i'm experiencing starter problems my Mark X is not starting. I don't know where I can find it on the car to change it. Can someone help me.

Sounds like you are not from singapore..

This is how it looks like..

http://parts.japanesevehicles.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=520846

You can see it from the the engine bay, it's installed pretty low in the engine compartment, can't exactly remember the location. But to access and change it, have to be done from the bottom of the car where there's an oval shaped hole. That's the only place u can get it it and out. It's not easy thou, there's only a certain tight angle where it can be done.

Try searching for it..

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

TOYOTA MARK X -Help!!- i have been trying everywhere to find someone to help me with my problem. Ever since i send my car ac to be worked on the engine and traction light will not come off. I have gotten it removed by a shop and it only returned after i left, i got it scanned and was given a code c1201, the guy said i needed to change the right rear speed sensor which I did but this morning it is back again. The car revs but hardly moves and it is literally drinking gas. sigh!! I need help.

TOYOTA MARK X -Help!!- i have been trying everywhere to find someone to help me with my problem. Ever since i send my car ac to be worked on the engine and traction light will not come off. I have gotten it removed by a shop and it only returned after i left, i got it scanned and was given a code c1201, the guy said i needed to change the right rear speed sensor which I did but this morning it is back again. The car revs but hardly moves and it is literally drinking gas. sigh!! I need help.

moved your post here so that somebody with the know how will help

Twincharged

sounded like gearbox

car revs but hardly move

• Praise 4

can try put car in P or N, ram the engine,

if engine normal can ram high,  but put to drive car cannot move high chance gearbox issue

if engine can ram but got jerking on and off might be misfiring.

misfiring car some time no power also.

if car running and moving but got the orange ecu light on ,

no other way but to go workshop use computer diagnose.

O2 sensor spoil car FC will become very poor also and lost power some time.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

'@beregond' the orange ecu light is still on i took it to the workshop and diagnostic test gave code c1201. When i showed it to the mechanic he said to try and change the speed sensor but nothing happened its still on and still giving code c1201

Edited by lee-cook

Neutral Newbie

'@Ash2017' the diagnostic test shows that the gear box is fine, it has something to do with the orange ecu light that comes on that is the time it revs

'@beregond' the orange ecu light is still on i took it to the workshop and diagnostic test gave code c1201. When i showed it to the mechanic he said to try and change the speed sensor but nothing happened its still on and still giving code c1201

c1201 should be 02 sensor, rather then speed sensor.

google can easily check,

its a very common fault.

O2 sensor got bank 1 and bank 2, must see which 1 , 

but in very very very rare case, it the catalytic converter spoil.

but no 1 go change that 1 first, cos very expensive.

if gear box spoil, normally they wont show any orange light.

(edited)

Hi, I had problem with my mark x 2010 the rear left brake calliper as it was jammed and hence I wouldn't change the brake pad. My mechanic told me that there are no part to change the brake callipers sliding pin and the only thing to do is to change the entire brake calliper. I had went to a few stockist to ask them about it but also to no avail.

Therefore, I hope to get some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by SeventhRabbit

Hi, I had problem with my mark x 2010 the rear left brake calliper as it was jammed and hence I wouldn't change the brake pad. My mechanic told me that there are no part to change the brake callipers sliding pin and the only thing to do is to change the entire brake calliper. I had went to a few stockist to ask them about it but also to no avail.

Therefore, I hope to get some advice.

Thanks in advance.

usually calipers jam is due to the guide pins. your mechanic simply want to earn big bucks from you buy asking you to replace calipers.

the guide pins needs to be lubricated so that it can have the contract and release effect when you step on to the brake padals. 

I believe your calipers run out of lub? get it service, lubricate it with silicone lubricant paste. all these are often not done by workshops sadly.

• Praise 2

usually calipers jam is due to the guide pins. your mechanic simply want to earn big bucks from you buy asking you to replace calipers.

the guide pins needs to be lubricated so that it can have the contract and release effect when you step on to the brake padals.

I believe your calipers run out of lub? get it service, lubricate it with silicone lubricant paste. all these are often not done by workshops sadly.

Hi StreamRXZ, thank you for your advise. I had settled my rear brake calliper problem and are working fine now.
  • Praise 1

Hi StreamRXZ, thank you for your advise. I had settled my rear brake calliper problem and are working fine now.

glad that you have solved your caliper issue. [thumbsup]

Hi mates...I discovered that I had another problem with my mark x. This happened twice today, while I was cruising at around 90-100km/h, my car started to vibrate violently. So when I decrease my speed and the vibration slowly goes off and after which when I pick up speed, there are no vibration felt.

So have any mates experienced...this before. If yes, what are the probably causes that had caused such phenomenon?

Thks in advance.

Neutral Newbie

Just purchased my Mark X G 2 months ago ... similar situation although not violent vibration and not frequent... had engine mounting changed and the vibration never reoccured

TS, I hope you would have gotten all the basic maintenance stuff done on your X by now. You should have changed 3 oils (engine, gearbox, axle $150-$200+ depending on type of engine oil), changed plugs (costs $200+), decarbonising ($150+), changed oil/air/aircon filters. No timing belt to worry about though.

Check condition of brake rotor/pads, shock absorbers, suspension arms and bushes, rear axle bushes, engine/gearbox mounts and wheel bearings. Then do a 4-wheel alignment.

Your 1st comprehensive service should set you back about $700-$1000.

Don't know what you mean by the car being very sluggish, cos it shouldn't be, with 212bhp and 260Nm of torque.

If you need more advice post here or PM me. I know the Mark X quite well, having owned one before.

Hello,I got a 2011 mark x with 47000on the clock.it jerks or jumps when transition from 1st to 2nd gear occasionally when moving from a stop .I changed the transmission oil with 5 quarts but the problem still persist .no check light on the dashboard as well .any suggestions. [email protected] # 8768913921 whatsapp

Neutral Newbie

Well, it's not a reply to this topic but since I don't know how to create a new topic here is what I am going to ask and will be dammed if someone would help me.
I own a Toyota Mark X 300g, 2006 model, to be exact and I had a mark x in the past but with this car, there is no VSC or TSC and I live in a place where rains and women are unpredictable can crush on you any moment and driving without those systems is a real pain in the A&* for me so anyone knows how to get those systems installed in this car before you suggest an ECU replacement with aftermarket one and to program it, let me tell you this is not an option for me.
And in last thanks to those who try to help and to others, I wish they have a stinky fart on their upcoming date.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1