Beware! Summoned for alighting pax at double yellow line!

Zert88

Or are we not allowed to stop at double yellow line??

Not allowed

Has the rule changed?

No

There are cctv everywhere, so drivers out there pls be careful.

Thank you

:D

• Praise 1

Recieved a parking ticket from LTA for alighting a passenger. Im sure that i stopped for less than 3 mins. Anybody knows is there a time limit for allowing passenger to alight or board?? Or are we not allowed to stop at double yellow line?? Has the rule changed? There are cctv everywhere, so drivers out there pls be careful.

attachicon.gifIMG_20141219_130726.JPG

Guess the point you mentioned you "STOP" for less than 3 mins is the reason why you got the ticket (because you were not performing any alighting or boarding immediately)............... many times we see drivers stop and wait n wait (me too), actually its already violating the rules but those places may be not so busy or ppl don't complain so they also close eyes ya.. [:)]

U can still try to write in but the reason you give must be genuine and sincere being apologetic that u realised you mistake done........

Alll the best... [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

cctv is really everywhere... even the footage captured from a public bus can be used against vehicles intruding the bus lane/stop... but i think its up to whether the bus driver wants to report a not as i dont think the bus company go thru all the video footage everyday...

This one caught by CCTV. Very transparent, can even time how long you alight the passenger. How are you gonna appeal??

Engine 死火。 Managed to restart after 3 minutes.

I have since changed my battery. Such case will not happen again.

Can?

Recieved a parking ticket from LTA for alighting a passenger. Im sure that i stopped for less than 3 mins. Anybody knows is there a time limit for allowing passenger to alight or board?? Or are we not allowed to stop at double yellow line?? Has the rule changed? There are cctv everywhere, so drivers out there pls be careful.

attachicon.gifIMG_20141219_130726.JPG

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/modifications_and_vehoffences/vehicle_related_offences/illegal_parking.html

The rules mentioned no parking at all times and the ticket also indicate so ....

3 mins is definitely too long for alighting and boarding. If everyone takes 3 mins ... what is the consequence.

Since u guys interested to know why i need 2 mins plus to alight a passenger, ill let u know the reason.

I m a taxi driver, vehicle stopped, the passenger wants to pay by nets, slowly take out wallet, hand over the card, by the time i key in amount, half a min gone, waiting for connection, another half min gone, nets didnt go through, so reset and try again, another min gone.

I Clearly understand dropping off shouldnt takes more than a min in most cases, but there are lots of cases when pax takes their own sweet time. If LTA doesnt take this into account b4 issuing a summon, i wonder what r the chances of an appeal. I may be lucky to get the summon waived this time as i still have the receipt. Next time??

My purpose here is to warn bro n sis here to b careful when stopping at double yellow line, someone watching, 3 min also cannot. For me, do i have a choice??? Either got summon or fark by pax n complain to lta if pax not understanding.

I rather lta set rule tat no pick up/ drop off except taxi stand n carpark. Easier for us, safer for the rest of the world. Peace!

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

The explanation is if there are no bus in bus bay, then traffic form up inside is acceptable, but if bus is in the bus bay, then it should be treated as normal yellow box. Irony, rule of thumb for me is always treat it as yellow box in regardless if there are bus in bus bay or not, likewise, if not, even if there is bus letting passengers to alight and then exiting and was blocked by traffic form up inside the box, what penalty will that be or be treated as obstruction in an yellow box scenario, any Mcfers care to share? [confused]

treat it as a zebra cross for the bus is a better description as compared to a yellow box. the diff b/w these 2 is even there is empty space for you to move forward after this so call yellow box, you are suppose to stop and give way to the bus first.

Since u guys interested to know why i need 2 mins plus to alight a passenger, ill let u know the reason.

I m a taxi driver, vehicle stopped, the passenger wants to pay by nets, slowly take out wallet, hand over the card, by the time i key in amount, half a min gone, waiting for connection, another half min gone, nets didnt go through, so reset and try again, another min gone.

I Clearly understand dropping off shouldnt takes more than a min in most cases, but there are lots of cases when pax takes their own sweet time. If LTA doesnt take this into account b4 issuing a summon, i wonder what r the chances of an appeal. I may be lucky to get the summon waived this time as i still have the receipt. Next time??

My purpose here is to warn bro n sis here to b careful when stopping at double yellow line, someone watching, 3 min also cannot. For me, do i have a choice??? Either got summon or fark by pax n complain to lta if pax not understanding.

I rather lta set rule tat no pick up/ drop off except taxi stand n carpark. Easier for us, safer for the rest of the world. Peace!

then my pity goes to u. I am quite cheesed off by such inconsiderate passengers also.

example asked taxi to let them alight at a service road that allows one vehicle to pass only. I am caught behind the taxi and have to wait for the passenger take own sweet time to pay, alight and close door.

Turbocharged

I think you got a valid reason to appeal. very valid indeed.

• Praise 1

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/modifications_and_vehoffences/vehicle_related_offences/illegal_parking.html

The rules mentioned no parking at all times and the ticket also indicate so ....

3 mins is definitely too long for alighting and boarding. If everyone takes 3 mins ... what is the consequence.

It was 12:52 am.... should be quite quiet lah....

but rules is still rule.

Maybe LTA can come out with 1.5 lines. Can park after 12 mid night to 6 am.

[laugh]

• Praise 1

This one caught by CCTV. Very transparent, can even time how long you alight the passenger. How are you gonna appeal??

If transparent, they will b able to see tat im doing my job as a transport service provider, sending a pax home at an empty road at midnight. Guess should blame myself for accepting nets. Too bad, taxi driver r pest to everyone. When they need us, we r public transport, when we need them, we r self-employed.

Now u guys should understand why most taxi driver don like cashless n big notes, troublesome and also may hold up traffic if pax choose to alight road side.

then my pity goes to u. I am quite cheesed off by such inconsiderate passengers also.

example asked taxi to let them alight at a service road that allows one vehicle to pass only. I am caught behind the taxi and have to wait for the passenger take own sweet time to pay, alight and close door.

I sometimes wonder tat how come paying upon reaching at a location comes at a surprised to them. They will then slowly dig the coins to u. Buey tahan!!!

If transparent, they will b able to see tat im doing my job as a transport service provider, sending a pax home at an empty road at midnight. Guess should blame myself for accepting nets. Too bad, taxi driver r pest to everyone. When they need us, we r public transport, when we need them, we r self-employed.

Now u guys should understand why most taxi driver don like cashless n big notes, troublesome and also may hold up traffic if pax choose to alight road side.

The amount of data for the authority to review is no joke. Maybe it is AI that review the cctv and trigger a saman when some rules are met.

You should appeal. Good luck.

A380 with more than 800 pax on board can be evacuated in less than 80 seconds, 3 minutes to "alight" from a car sounds like snails alighting leh.....

I do wished there r less snails taking taxi.

scan a copy of the receipt to prove to SPF that what you say is true... but hor... could you not have alighted the passenger somewhere else that is nearby? Just wondering

A380 with more than 800 pax on board can be evacuated in less than 80 seconds, 3 minutes to "alight" from a car sounds like snails alighting leh.....

What to do? Some passengers alighting from taxi as if they are stepping off the limo and onto the red carpet at the Emmys. Must make sure people can see them and take nice pictures before they step off.

Same thing, the other day I horned at this taxi (more at the passenger actually), who stopped on a one-lane street with a concrete divider, just to pick up the passenger. I barely managed to squeeze past the taxi, as expected the driver shot me the dirty look.

↡ Advertisement