Beware! Summoned for alighting pax at double yellow line!

Zert88

Then how?

You put big big notice on your taxi lor..

Cash only

Only alight at places I say can alight

Must prepare cash before reach destination

Etc etc etc

I always prepare cash beforehand, the taxi uncle also sometimes take damn long return change, dunno is it purposely don't want return change.... they dig coins also very long wor.....

I am sure for every bad passenger story there is also a bad taxi story

No need to put too much notice wan lah, can alight or not, not i say one, lta say one. Thank u for being a good pax, If taxi uncle purposely dig coins long long, got summon, then orbi good lor, my coins all swee swee in coin box wan.

↡ Advertisement

It's not just that TS had a legitimate reason for the delay, but to book him at 12:52am?! Seriously, how busy can the road be at that time?

They're being fascists. TS, go and appeal. Erection coming, zheng hu's balls will shrink when you write in with a legitimate story that others can sympathise with (if you choose to publicise it).

No need to put too much notice wan lah, can alight or not, not i say one, lta say one. Thank u for being a good pax, If taxi uncle purposely dig coins long long, got summon, then orbi good lor, my coins all swee swee in coin box wan.

But they get summon has no effect on me Edited by Galantspeedz

If its my family n friends, ill make sure they r at pick up point b4 i arrived. Like one of bro mention, job hazard cos we never know wat the pax wans, never know when the cashless suddenly decides to lose connection, therefore more time is needed. Its a different suitation driving ur family member n a paying pax. A lot of times we cant plan ahead, unlike travelling wif family.

I try not to be picky about pax n accept cashless payment, juz feeling rather discourage. No wonder those experienced taxi driver got sooo many dos n dont in choosing pax.

Theres nothing wrong dropping off, lta juz 宁可杀错不可放过 not happy appeal then say.attachicon.gifIMG_20141220_140256.JPG

Juz curious anybody got summon for tis?? A lot of vehicles parking like nobody business. For taxi stand like this, i had to say sorry to the poor pax waiting, had to give u a miss.

attachicon.gifIMG_20141220_142325.JPG

My comments was in response to another MCF member post, about pax not yet arrive at pickup point. It would not be fair as taxi driver face different circumstances that we would not be able to understand. Hope your appeal would would be successful.

• Praise 2

Since u guys interested to know why i need 2 mins plus to alight a passenger, ill let u know the reason.

I m a taxi driver, vehicle stopped, the passenger wants to pay by nets, slowly take out wallet, hand over the card, by the time i key in amount, half a min gone, waiting for connection, another half min gone, nets didnt go through, so reset and try again, another min gone.

I Clearly understand dropping off shouldnt takes more than a min in most cases, but there are lots of cases when pax takes their own sweet time. If LTA doesnt take this into account b4 issuing a summon, i wonder what r the chances of an appeal. I may be lucky to get the summon waived this time as i still have the receipt. Next time??

My purpose here is to warn bro n sis here to b careful when stopping at double yellow line, someone watching, 3 min also cannot. For me, do i have a choice??? Either got summon or fark by pax n complain to lta if pax not understanding.

I rather lta set rule tat no pick up/ drop off except taxi stand n carpark. Easier for us, safer for the rest of the world. Peace!

Then I suggest you write in with that reason to explain lor.

• Praise 1

It's not just that TS had a legitimate reason for the delay, but to book him at 12:52am?! Seriously, how busy can the road be at that time?

They're being fascists. TS, go and appeal. Erection coming, zheng hu's balls will shrink when you write in with a legitimate story that others can sympathise with (if you choose to publicise it).

I think to be fair to LTA, it's a system thingy. Any car that do not move off immediately after picking up or alighting will be automatically booked. Regardless of timing and reason. On the video footage, the officer cannot ascertain the reason for stopping beyond 30s so how to treat each case differently ? They also simply do not have the discretion of saying "ok, this happened at 3am so just waive off"

In the past with lesser cars, wait anywhere also no problem. now ..... [:(]

My uncle also got it at Bishan MRT pickup area on Sunday 8am. He was so furious but after digging more, he sheepishly admitted it was more than a while. At first he said "I only stopped to pick up my friend also kenna ?!?!" Then kpkb, but in front of LTA officer he diam diam like a mouse after officer told him his car was there for > 5mins. He then said " My friend haven't arrived mah" [dizzy]

so as motorist, no point going against the traffic rules, will never win.

In TS case however, I agree there has to be a certain amount of leeway. Why else would a taxi stop on the road for nothing ? Cannot see passenger alighting thereafter meh ?

• Praise 1

But they get summon has no effect on me

True, it drivers responsiblity to abide law not pax, so driver kena summon is drivers prob. Pax who takes taxi regularly spare more tots to taxi driver, they usually give clear instruction n stops at drop off pt , we r thankful for tat.

u wouldnt know how stress it is to take pax who r rushing, its so annoying to hear the noise they make every time u kena traffic light, if jam worst. Our duty is to sent pax from pt A to B safely, u late is ur prob, should blame urself for poor time management.

I think to be fair to LTA, it's a system thingy. Any car that do not move off immediately after picking up or alighting will be automatically booked. Regardless of timing and reason. On the video footage, the officer cannot ascertain the reason for stopping beyond 30s so how to treat each case differently ? They also simply do not have the discretion of saying "ok, this happened at 3am so just waive off"

In the past with lesser cars, wait anywhere also no problem. now ..... [:(]

My uncle also got it at Bishan MRT pickup area on Sunday 8am. He was so furious but after digging more, he sheepishly admitted it was more than a while. At first he said "I only stopped to pick up my friend also kenna ?!?!" Then kpkb, but in front of LTA officer he diam diam like a mouse after officer told him his car was there for > 5mins. He then said " My friend haven't arrived mah" [dizzy]

so as motorist, no point going against the traffic rules, will never win.

In TS case however, I agree there has to be a certain amount of leeway. Why else would a taxi stop on the road for nothing ? Cannot see passenger alighting thereafter meh ?

Actually, the "system thing" is my point. We rely on machines for so much nowadays. Let it go too far and we become machines ourselves. Some common sense must prevail, and there must be a little leeway in enforcing the law.

Actually, the "system thing" is my point. We rely on machines for so much nowadays. Let it go too far and we become machines ourselves. Some common sense must prevail, and there must be a little leeway in enforcing the law.

I agreed. These so called CCTV are dumb dumb. They got no feelings n can't differentiate can or cannot. I am sure LTA will have leeway. Given the circumstances, u r caught on CCTV, I am sure it warrant a waiver.

I got a fren, who was captured on CCTV at one of those shopping wit surveillance CCTV with no waiting, no parking sign was displayed. He was fined $150 n 3 demerit point by LTA. He appealed n got it waived. His reason, It was almost 2am tat he stopped to pick up his family member. d place is almost deserted. And of course his record with LTA is superb. Given ur circumstances, I am sure it will be waived. Good lucks.

i dun agree, if the system cannot apply fairly and anyone can give leeway, then whose leeway is better? end up they have to decide on the leeway internally and the public get even more confuse.

Just let the system do its work, the leeway come when they appeal.

• Praise 2

i dun agree, if the system cannot apply fairly and anyone can give leeway, then whose leeway is better? end up they have to decide on the leeway internally and the public get even more confuse.

Just let the system do its work, the leeway come when they appeal.

agree with you. leeway will be the appeal, if no leeway, then can't even appeal. machine can only do so much.

Hmm....actually TS, as another member pointed out, the summon was given out at 12+ am. During that time is the taxi stand empty? If it is full, maybe when you appeal, the summon will be waived. But if it is empty, i don't see the reason why you can't let the passenger alight at the taxi stand. And i guess the video will show the situation as well.

Just trying to know what exactly happen, no offence meant.

Anyone posted this yet? apparently they just gotten their bonus so up their "on the ballz" <_<

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/lta-raises-fines-for/1543560.html

SINGAPORE: The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has announced higher fines for repeat offenders for illegal parking. Starting from Jan 1, 2015, it will introduce a tiered fines regime, such that motorists who receive their second Notice of Traffic Offence (NTO) within 12 months will have to pay a higher tier of fines.

A motorist caught parking a light vehicle along unbroken double yellow lines will be fined S$110, instead of S$70, if this is the second NTO he has been issued within 12 months.

The number of demerit points, which are meted out for more serious illegal parking offences, will remain unchanged, said LTA in a news release on Monday (Dec 22). NTOs issued prior to Jan 1, 2015 will not be taken into consideration when applying the tiered fines regime.

This is the first adjustment to illegal parking fines in two decades. LTA said that about half of all illegal parking traffic notices issued between 2011 and 2014 were committed by repeat offenders and this latest revision is to reduce the number of repeat offenders and hence the number of illegal parking offences.

illegalpark-table1-data.png

illegalpark-table2-data.png

illegal-parking-3-data.png

Separately, LTA said it will install CCTV cameras at 40 more locations to deter illegal parking. It had installed CCTV cameras at 30 locations earlier this year and said it has "resulted in significantly smoother traffic".

“Since the implementation of CCTV cameras, we have observed improved traffic conditions along some stretches of roads which used to suffer from obstruction caused by indiscriminately parked vehicles, such as along Beach Road, Bishan Road and Pasir Panjang Road," said Dr Chin Kian Keong, LTA’s Group Director for Transportation and Road Operations.

"Besides improving traffic flow for cars and other road users, our bus commuters have also benefitted from smoother traffic along these roads. We will continue to monitor the situation and review the need to install CCTV cameras at more locations,” he said.

illegalpark-table4-data.png

Edited by Berncsp76
  • Praise 3

Strangely for me since this camera system has been instigated it looks like more cars stopping where they shouldn't.

Or is that just more cars?

Or are drivers getting dumber?

Or do people have so much more disposable income they don't care about fines?

Recieved a parking ticket from LTA for alighting a passenger. Im sure that i stopped for less than 3 mins. Anybody knows is there a time limit for allowing passenger to alight or board?? Or are we not allowed to stop at double yellow line?? Has the rule changed? There are cctv everywhere, so drivers out there pls be careful.

attachicon.gifIMG_20141219_130726.JPG

bro, u parked at the enforcement zone liao... u didnt read the news? 30 location in SG fitted with illegal parking enforcement camera... Serangoon MRT near NEX mall is 1 of the 30 mentioned locations...

As for the time allowance, Im not too sure but i undestand that you cant wait/park at doube yellow lines, only quick pickup and drop off passenger. Unless your passenger is handicapped, pregnant & old folks (no offence) which needs help, then chances of you appeal is high (not 100% hor, just my 2 cents worth of thought).... otherwise, 3 minutes its a bit long too drop a passenger off.

In your case, you are driving a cab and your reason sounds valid. Think you should have a high chance to waive if you appeal...

Edited by Tigershark1976

Strangely for me since this camera system has been instigated it looks like more cars stopping where they shouldn't.

Or is that just more cars?

Or are drivers getting dumber?

Or do people have so much more disposable income they don't care about fines?

Think more d 2nd reason. No sensible ppl would want give LTA money. My fren v often used to pick another of our fren at Kranji MRT stn. Just last week, he stopped at d stn while tis fren walked towards his car. Then he realised got CCTV. He called LTA hotline n d CSO told him they will reveal d footage. So my advice to motorist, make a habit n scan whether got CCTV at MRT stations, bus stops, shopping centres, busy road with double yellow lines before u stop n wait to pick someone. Best is to avoid.

Anyone posted this yet? apparently they just gotten their bonus so up their "on the ballz" <_<

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/lta-raises-fines-for/1543560.html

This is the first adjustment to illegal parking fines in two decades. LTA said that about half of all illegal parking traffic notices issued between 2011 and 2014 were committed by repeat offenders and this latest revision is to reduce the number of repeat offenders and hence the number of illegal parking offences.

I for one have no problem with this. I think the statistic that a large portion of those who park illegally are repeat offenders, is plausible. Many people are just plain lazy to walk that extra distance.

The irony is, for an excuse that person X gives to park illegally, if someone else uses the exact same excuse to park illegally at the same spot, person X may well get upset about it.

↡ Advertisement