Retain car plate - HDB season parking (non-electronic)

Bigtoothpick

Hi all (especially those who have encountered this),

If you change car but retain your license plate, is it necessary to inform HDB to update your season parking? If the car park is manual, not using electronic gantries.

I ask that because I know the parking officers scan the parking label, but not sure if they also check IU. Cos the IU will be different of course.

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

It is necessary to inform for the car change even if you have retained number and IU because the description of the car already in the system will be totally different.

I recently went through the same situation. Retain car number, carpark no electronic gantry.

HDB told me no need to do anything. Cos in their system they only have car number, they don't know what type of car you have. Only need to inform them if your carpark uses electronic gantry, cos IU changed.

If you kiasi, just send them an email to inform.

• Praise 3

Whenever you chg car n retain number,hdb has to refresh the system to link the new IU over.hdb supposed to have all car plates with the current IU trigger on system especially when cars are on rental over workshop repairs.

Yo Bro Bigtoothpick,

Don't worry too much, technology have change and make our life easier.

Calling the HDB Tel: 1800 225 5432 after you leave the carpark, e.g. doing a car swap to collect new car.

Provide the new IU number to HDB (get it early from the AD or car dealer), it takes just 15 minutes for them to update.

They will ask if you need a new RFID, else just keep the old one since you retaining the car plate.

Also they will request you to email the log card, download for LTA with the new IU to the respective HDB branch.

Cheers... [:)]

I recently went through the same situation. Retain car number, carpark no electronic gantry.

HDB told me no need to do anything. Cos in their system they only have car number, they don't know what type of car you have. Only need to inform them if your carpark uses electronic gantry, cos IU changed.

If your car park doesn't have EPS, no need to do anything if u retain car plate number like what Bro Columbian said. Whenever we buy season parking we never disclosed to HDB what car we driving so they only have records of our car through its number plate.

For me where my car park have EPS, I recently changed new car and retained number plate. All i had to do was log in to HDB portal using SingPass and update my IU number. My records in the gantry system was updated immediately and when passed through it shortly after, it already indicated Season Parking on the LED screen when I entered.

• Praise 2

Yep, I retain my car plate for 3 cars liao and nvr need to update them.............. until all goes to gantry kind first. [:)]

• Praise 3

For carparks that do not have electronic gantry, parking attendants will scan your HDB Parking Label and check the car license plate number.
I have retained my first car's license plate number and currently driving my fourth car, so far have not been booked yet for parking at my assigned car park.

Hi all (especially those who have encountered this),

If you change car but retain your license plate, is it necessary to inform HDB to update your season parking? If the car park is manual, not using electronic gantries.

I ask that because I know the parking officers scan the parking label, but not sure if they also check IU. Cos the IU will be different of course.

Thanks in advance.

For carparks that do not have electronic gantry, parking attendants will scan your HDB Parking Label and check the car license plate number.

I have retained my first car's license plate number and currently driving my fourth car, so far have not been booked yet for parking at my assigned car park.

Haha i never even display the RFID label on my windscreen man... they go by car plate number so even if they wanna summon u they can't cos car plate number will show as season parking holder rite? Haha

More information via the links below. MyHDBPage can do transfer and update IU.

Transfer of Season Parking

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10327p.nsf/w/CarPark1TransferSP?OpenDocument

Login using SingPass at http://www.hdb.gov.sg/MyHDBPage

Hmmmm, this is helpful.................. once carpark gantry up, jst need to go online update IU and Waula....... activate n can use liao [thumbsup][:)] thanks Mate [thumbsup]

• Praise 4

Hello,

What about change number ie new registration number, but same car and IU ?

I logged in HDB site to check but cannot find any option to change my vehicle registration number.

Thanks

Hv

Under option permanent transfer of season parking

PTSP option

I just changed my iu

If reg plate change , use this too

Can do online

↡ Advertisement