Is It Right To Handcuff Children?

Vid

arrestmain_0.jpg

Β 

Photo shows police handcuffing a boy. Probably around 8 or 9.

Β 

Should children that young be handcuffed? Police clarified that it was a case of theft and he was trying to run away. Still, was that necessary? Will he be traumatized at such a young age?

Β 

What do you think?

↑ Advertisement

Run away is one thing but if he is the only one involved, then wouldn't taking his photo with a hand phone serve the purpose? Even if he runs away, it will be easy to id him.

Β 

How fast can a nine year old boy run anyway?

arrestmain_0.jpg

Β 

Β 

Should children that young be handcuffed? Police clarified that it was a case of theft and he was trying to run away. Still, was that necessary? Will he be traumatized at such a young age?

Β 

What do you think?

Trust me should, once traumatised, he will never go on that route again. My younger brother was such case, now super guai.

• Praise 25

Trust me should, once traumatised, he will never go on that route again. My younger brother was such case, now super guai.

Β 

How old was your younger brother then?

It could go the other way too.

lucky your brother chose the right way.

while you guys are debating about the cuff, I was wondering if it is necessary to have 4 police going after 2 kids (based on photo)

• Praise 2

If the boy run away, fall or knocked down by vehicle, would the police be blamed for not using the handcuffs ?

Edited by Opel17
  • Praise 17

If the boy run away, fall or knocked down by vehicle, would the police be blamed for not using the handcuffs ?

Β 

I think the term should be "restrained". Even if handcuffed, also can run away. Just that it is harder to do so.

• Praise 1

while you guys are debating about the cuff, I was wondering if it is necessary to have 4 police going after 2 kids (based on photo)

most probably its police protocol to have twice or more officers for each culprit. There are other duties needed in a case.....apprehending the culprits, interviewing witnesses, crowd control and i believe they need 2 patrol cars to separate the culprits back tonthe station.
  • Praise 2

most probably its police protocol to have twice or more officers for each culprit. There are other duties needed in a case.....apprehending the culprits, interviewing witnesses, crowd control and i believe they need 2 patrol cars to separate the culprits back tonthe station.

Β 

Police might also not know how many people are involved when deploying their officers or maybe 2 were on bike patrol so called for car backup to bring the offenders to the station.

Β 

Police might also not know how many people are involved when deploying their officers or maybe 2 were on bike patrol so called for car backup to bring the offenders to the station.

Seems like 2 kids one is quite tall being held by the policewoman and the shorter one being cuffed by the men- never know - nowadays some of the kids can be quite "garang"

• Praise 1

arrestmain_0.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

What do you think?

PC are trained to justify sizeable and non-sizeable offence to execute arrest orders, disciplinary punishment shall be severe if they'd done wrongly.

In this theft case is sizeable offence, they regard handcuff is necessary.

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 2

PC are trained to justify sizeable and non-sizeable offence to execute arrest orders, disciplinary punishment shall be severe if they'd done wrongly.

In this theft case is sizeable offence, they regard handcuff is necessary.

Β 

If a 5 year old steal a toy and may run away also have to handcuff? [sweatdrop]

Β 

u should have seen how many cars responded when i reported that a group of young men had rode dangerously pass the badminton court i was playing badminton on and had parked in the multi purpose hall. Eventhough they were a bit later in responding 3 to 4 patrol cars were sent as i had reported there were a group of 3 to 4 young man!
↑ Advertisement
  • Praise 1