Big Box Retail Warehouse Opens in Jurong East Today

Boringchap

hawkers and eateries have their usual supplier. unless adhoc purchase for top-up

no bet no win

has to bet la the co is going down liao

bigbox is their last chance

Big gamble for the company.

Another mega concept store opened. How come they still believe such store can survive here? Even after many such store closed down after several years of operation here?!

Edited by 13177

Big gamble for the company.

But i feel they will make it

This is a concept needed in sg

By the way if during weekday noon, i can imagine how empty the place will be since its so bigggg

By the way if during weekday noon, i can imagine how empty the place will be since its so bigggg

Weekday noon is the best time to go there. Place so big, maybe will get lost somewhere inside [laugh] [laugh]

I for one dun like to shop in big stores. I would want to quickly find what I want, pay and get out. I have neither the patience nor the energy to shop in a big store. Last thing I want is to get lost in it. If they have an equally big carpark dan ppl would easily get lost 2 times just to shop there. If your wife ask you where have you been the whole day, you can always say you got lost at big box.

• Praise 4

I was there earlier this morning.

Free parking as the carpark gantries are not up yet. Can park there and walk over to Jems.

Prices not that fantastic, but it will be cheaper if you buy 2 or more. They also sell rims and tyres.

Err......rims and tyres? Cash and carry?? :o

Interesting that the GM and Deputy CEO put down their mobile number.

. [grin]

Perhaps they want to hear the grounds, feedback from public directly. Or if anyone have question, call to enquire stuff there is not available, they can react immediately. A good move I feel.

I wish them to have a great success in opening up this business.

not cheap leh. price offer if buy 2 items for groceries i can buy elsewhere on normal day offer.

for example, cheapest UHT was 2 for 2.90 from uruguay origin. I can get 2 for 2.95 from devondale from NZ origin.

kettlechip buy 2 offer price also same like normal day offer.

the men clothing sells no frill brands...usually we wont buy de unless u r uncle lor.

there is one section selling ornaments and useless deco stuffs....im amazed they gave such a big area to sell those trashy.

The markings in the carpark not clear. the white markings blend with the concrete ground.

pls la. singapore is an import country, we dont produce our own products, how cheap can the price be? supplier and retailer need a share of profit to pay rents....

Edited by Babyt
  • Praise 3

The rental for such a big area is going to be a killer. Another killer factor is the fact that not many people in Singapore have their own cars to transport their purchases.

Costco's concept is much better. Their brands are great. They have their own house brand (Kirkland) which is good and cheap. They sell other brands for a great price. They sell everything one needs from birth till death : diapers, milk => caskets! (I kid you not!). Fresh food (vegetable, fruit, meat, seafood) also available. Their membership card purchased in one country can be used worldwide.

Feel like going over there to look see tomorrow.

How was the parking there?

I reached big box at ard 10.15am...ample parking space...

Word of advice...take the stairs...its much faster than waiting for the lifts...

no worries on rental. bigbox (the company) own the whole building - build from ground up

that also means they have a huge mortgage repayment ... lol

either rental or mortgage ... still have to pay

at least not at the mercy of landlord anyhow raise rental 50-100% la ... but interest rate is also going to rise? [sly]

The rental for such a big area is going to be a killer. Another killer factor is the fact that not many people in Singapore have their own cars to transport their purchases.

Costco's concept is much better. Their brands are great. They have their own house brand (Kirkland) which is good and cheap. They sell other brands for a great price. They sell everything one needs from birth till death : diapers, milk => caskets! (I kid you not!). Fresh food (vegetable, fruit, meat, seafood) also available. Their membership card purchased in one country can be used worldwide.

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

with just 1 store catering consumers staying in the west is difficult to survive.

these type of concept need critical mass and our family size is shrinking.......

west has approx 1M population now and still growing

can see the govt is developing the west

west has been neglected for the longest time when govt concentrate to develop east due to changi airport

journey to the west ... huat ah !!! [thumbsup]

next project ... a GIANT GARDEN to connect japanese & chinese garden

JURONG once a place called even bird also don't lay egg ... now birds are flocking to jurong liao ....

with just 1 store catering consumers staying in the west is difficult to survive.

these type of concept need critical mass and our family size is shrinking.......

Edited by Wt_know

About 1 million plus stay in the west

I do agree though family size shrink but this kind of store makes people feel the products there cheap when u buy there

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

west has approx 1M population now and still growing

can see the govt is developing the west

west has been neglected for the longest time when govt concentrate to develop east due to changi airport

journey to the west ... huat ah !!! [thumbsup]

next project ... a GIANT GARDEN to connect japanese & chinese garden

JURONG once a place called even bird also don't lay egg ... now birds are flocking to jurong liao ....

Jurong big prospects, iskandar malaysia is a joke

↡ Advertisement