Evaporator/Cooling Coil Foam Cleaner

Kippei

Twincharged

Do not spray. It contains an alkali and too much will corrode the coils. You need to run the a/c for sometime after spraying to ensure the condensate will flush away the cleaner.

Hello! Is it necessary to wash the evaporator coil? Just sent my car to dealer for maintenance and they recommended washing..

Can this help to maintain the coil or maybe make it more "healthy.. something like house aircon need to be washed frequently.

Any workshop doing it at good price.. what is a reasonable price?

Coz it will stink....

I used carstyle coil cleaner from Giant, use a fish tank airtube and insert into the drain tube and flood the evaporator compartment with half a can of foam. Now no smell liao.

Coz it will stink....

I used carstyle coil cleaner from Giant, use a fish tank airtube and insert into the drain tube and flood the evaporator compartment with half a can of foam. Now no smell liao.

u mean the drain tube underneath car?

i was jus thinking where the mold / mildew if any flows to; can still flow down drain tube?

Water condensed on the evaporator coil, it flows down to the discharge tube.

So any chemical you apply on the the same coil, will follow the same path down the same discharge tube.

Water condensed on the evaporator coil, it flows down to the discharge tube.

So any chemical you apply on the the same coil, will follow the same path down the same discharge tube.

ok tks, only concerned about residue remaining upstream.

ok tks, only concerned about residue remaining upstream.

Depends on how harsh the chemical is.

Caustic soda will eat a bit of aluminum.

Moisture condensing on the coil during operation will dilute it and wash it away.

So ideally, you should be using the coil more often and let the water wash it away.

upping this not so new thread.

does it mean if we could diy above method once every 3-6mths n be free from replacing cooling coil? seemed that such coils are very dirty in ws sponsors' threads n they seemed possible to be cleaned till shiny / like new and repackage n sold as new / recon?

Supercharged

is there a need to do so?

I never clean nor sent my car for cleaning..

cooling coil is pretty cheap.. recently I change to stainless steel type and it only cost less than SGD100..

in Malaysia..

I got a spare coil if anyone is keen. Made in Japan..

↡ Advertisement