Issue on braking

Zvicki

Neutral Newbie

When pressing brake at higher speed ( about 60 km/hr and above), can hear "ge ge ge" sound and steering wheel vibrating. some time can also feel brake pedal push my foot intermittedly. would you suggest what is the problem? I am driving honda stream

thanks.

↡ Advertisement

probably only part of the problem? he felt like brake pedal push his foot intermittedly. I thought that is the job of the ABS

when u brake, you can feel vibration? if yes, then rotor wrapped alrd.

When pressing brake at higher speed ( about 60 km/hr and above), can hear "ge ge ge" sound and steering wheel vibrating. some time can also feel brake pedal push my foot intermittedly. would you suggest what is the problem? I am driving honda stream

thanks.

Do you brake hard all the time? It depends on the situation. At 60 km/h on dry road it should not be the ABS being activated. There would be rapid vibration on the foot pedal when the ABS is activated. I experienced it on wet MSCP where the surface is smooth cement, even at only 10 km/h the ABS will be activated because of the skid. [drivingcar]

Do you brake hard all the time? It depends on the situation. At 60 km/h on dry road it should not be the ABS being activated. There would be rapid vibration on the foot pedal when the ABS is activated. I experienced it on wet MSCP where the surface is smooth cement, even at only 10 km/h the ABS will be activated because of the skid. [drivingcar]

That's a misconception thinking ABS only kick in in the wet. As long as the sensor detect any of the wheels lock during braking it will activate. Regardless wet or dry.

Probably the tires on TS car are worn out. That could easily trigger the ABS as well.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

That's a misconception thinking ABS only kick in in the wet. As long as the seonsor detect any of the wheels lock during braking it will activate. Regardless wet or dry.

No lah! Don't get me wrong. I am just citing an example that even on wet road at only 10 km/h the ABS can also be activated. We all know what the ABS does. It's to prevent wheel lock and as a direct result, prevent skidding and allow the vehicle to be steered properly and safely.

Edited by Thedecemberone

Neutral Newbie

thank you ALL for the diagnostic and warm suggestion. i didn't brake very hard indeed. Actually when press harder, the situation is a little better:). it happens when my wife drives the car as well. i recently changed the tires ( 1 months ago). I will send to the WS to check and report back when I have any news. thank you!

disc rotor, wheel alignment (front wheels hit anythin lately?), abs light up, worn shocks (mayb - not firmly pressed onto ground so cause abs).?

try from cheaper to more ex solution -

if alignment, centre steering wheel, measure front wheel only frontward n backward of same thread used for measuring from one side wheel to another - front > back = toe out, back > front = toe out. no confident to do send to any computer wheel alignment ws.

rotor issue - if warp, check skim cost vs oem rotor cost (mine is same price, only diff w labor if replace rotor, so i replaced rotor).

worn shocks - check vehicle equilibrium on level surface, check oil leak from shocks during dry weather (wet weather can confuse u w water wetting shocks), no leak doesn't mean no issue (can b too bouncy or doesn't bounce; guide is 80-120k km replace shocks; more so if hear any occasional croak / clunk / clock, esp on paving blocks).

abs light up - use diagnostics, other advice unsure.

above my experience, method may not b that correct but as guide.

If it was me I will get a professional to look at it.

As for high speed braking it shouldn't be done,

the best way to slow down is to take the foot off

the accelerator to slow the car down and then brake

at a lower speed. If you always brake at high speed

means you are driving too close to the car in front.

:D

thanks.

"Ge ge ge" sound may be from the Korean drama you are playing in the car.

Oppa.....

Dunno what you mean by "ge ge ge" sound but it might be your brake pads wearing out. Some pads have wear indicators such that once the indictors are exposed, they make the screeching noise to warn the driver.

Neutral Newbie

I change disk rotor. problem solved. Now my ride is perfect. not worry, road friend, no need to give way :).

I also fixed drive shaft (right site). hope I don't need to change any thing in coming years...

↡ Advertisement