BMW 320i ED or Volvo S60 T5

Ralliart99

ya man....so difficult to change the cabin filter.

must take out so many thing.

somemore, many wires surrounding the area.

every time change cabin filter, sure funny thing happen.

Example : anti-glare mirror not working and in-car camera not working

if you go to inexperience ws, they wont even know where is the cabin filter located.

MB oso liddat. Neber understood why the europeans hv to make the replacement of a simple consumable item so knn freakin' complicated. Jap n kimchi best; open glove box, undo a couple of catches and viola!

↡ Advertisement

I heard PAP will implement CAT D COE fer your proposed ride n also install ERP unit on it.

audi_bicycle_duo.jpg

First of all it's an Audi.

It goes in any direction on the roads and expressways.

It has no speed limit.

It's above the law here in Singapore.

There's no limit to this thing. Ultimate mode of transpork.

Bro. Dont mind I ask.

What was delivery time from the day u place order and collection of car ?

And what diff btw the S60 & S80?

Warrenty 3 or 5 years?

Appreciate your feedback.

I was like the Thread start who was narrowed down into 2 choices, 320i Efficent Dynamics (ED) and Volvo S60 T5 Drive E.

End of the day, I put down the badge and chose the Volvo, and no regrets AT ALL.

Most practical choice, the price is 20k less than 320i (ED), I have almost all the equipments of a 328i, and same power as well. AND THE MOST TURN OFF point is, 320i (ED) is using synthetic leather, COME ON its a bmw why use such material quality omg!!! S60 uses Nappa Genuine leather which is one of the top grade leather in the market, the seats are really comfy.

Last of all, P_L is super duper the GL, you cant even install a camera without voiding the warranty in anyways, Wearnes of the other hand allowed me to do so without any issue.

FC wise I have been hovering from 12 - 12.8 km/L for the past 5 tanks, getting around 700 per tank on RON 95, pretty good for a 2.0L that can smoke the 320i (ED) hands down, also the Start/ Stop is not as intrusive as the one found on the BMW.

The choice now is either you want pay for the badge or you want something practical and less flashy. I chose the latter.

Owned the car for a month, did 3700km on it, a very happy owner.

Hope to see you soon =D

does wowo have options?

They seem pretty same as the other japanese AD. 2 variants, D2 and T5... Nothing in between

u want my T4... for sale... September 2013 car

Edited by Heman75

Just provide another perspective: In end Nov 14,

1. Price difference between 320 and S60 was around $6k

2. OMV difference also around S$7k (320 - S$35k vs T5 - S$28k)

3. Road tax of 320 - 1600cc vs T5 - 2000cc

4. There is original BMW car DVR (Advanced car eye) that does not void PML warranty < $700

Nevertheless, enjoy your powerful T5.

I was like the Thread start who was narrowed down into 2 choices, 320i Efficent Dynamics (ED) and Volvo S60 T5 Drive E.

End of the day, I put down the badge and chose the Volvo, and no regrets AT ALL.

Most practical choice, the price is 20k less than 320i (ED), I have almost all the equipments of a 328i, and same power as well. AND THE MOST TURN OFF point is, 320i (ED) is using synthetic leather, COME ON its a bmw why use such material quality omg!!! S60 uses Nappa Genuine leather which is one of the top grade leather in the market, the seats are really comfy.

Last of all, P_L is super duper the GL, you cant even install a camera without voiding the warranty in anyways, Wearnes of the other hand allowed me to do so without any issue.

FC wise I have been hovering from 12 - 12.8 km/L for the past 5 tanks, getting around 700 per tank on RON 95, pretty good for a 2.0L that can smoke the 320i (ED) hands down, also the Start/ Stop is not as intrusive as the one found on the BMW.

The choice now is either you want pay for the badge or you want something practical and less flashy. I chose the latter.

Owned the car for a month, did 3700km on it, a very happy owner.

Hope to see you soon =D

Took 2 long months, abit disppointed, as they brought in in 1 damn big shipment altogether. if they have stock for the colour, i guess you can get it in 2 weeks, i chose, bright silver metallic.

S80 is bigger and more spacious, competitor of a 5 series or E grass, but the looks are abit date IMHO.

3 years warranty with free servicing up to 60k parts inclusive.

Did almost 6000km in 2 months, getting harder and harder right foot, but te FC still hover around 12- 12.5km/L, impressive i would say.

Bro. Dont mind I ask.

What was delivery time from the day u place order and collection of car ?

And what diff btw the S60 & S80?

Warrenty 3 or 5 years?

Appreciate your feedback.

post-54639-0-82973200-1422288999_thumb.jpg

Edited by X09a_justice
  • Praise 1

Just provide another perspective: In end Nov 14,

1. Price difference between 320 and S60 was around $6k

2. OMV difference also around S$7k (320 - S$35k vs T5 - S$28k)

3. Road tax of 320 - 1600cc vs T5 - 2000cc

4. There is original BMW car DVR (Advanced car eye) that does not void PML warranty < $700

Nevertheless, enjoy your powerful T5.

T5 omv is $38.5K my friend. Fix a DVR won't void any warranty in AD. In term of power and torque....different league lah...T5 is 240bhp 320Nm....of course must feed it lah...$1.2k per year road tax....manageable for such power drive

Edited by LoverofCar

T5 omv is $38.5K my friend. Fix a DVR won't void any warranty in AD. In term of power and torque....different league lah...T5 is 240bhp 320Nm....of course must feed it lah...$1.2k per year road tax....manageable for such power drive

Not sure about your point on T5 OMV

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_pricing.php?CarCode=11584

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.MainPar.30963.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Agreed with your point on the powerful T5 engine. No horse run.

As per my earlier post, giving a different perspective for those comparing both vehicles.

Not sure about your point on T5 OMV

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_pricing.php?CarCode=11584

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.MainPar.30963.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Agreed with your point on the powerful T5 engine. No horse run.

As per my earlier post, giving a different perspective for those comparing both vehicles.

I'm a T5 owner.....certainly my LTA log card don't lie to me about the omv ba...not sure about What printed at that sgcarmart....Maybe now the omv dropped. U could be right.. Edited by LoverofCar

The other bro is not wrong, the OMV is only 27k for Drive E T5, even the Diesel D2 has a higher OMV (And selling 20k cheaper at least), most likely due to the CEVS etc etc.

and T5 Drive E is 245 bhp 350Nm of Torque, slight upgrade from the Eco-Boost Drive E =P

They decided to stripe out alot of parts before installing it back= when the car arrives in sg, to save the ARF, thats why the car price is cheap and yet profitable for them I Suppose

Edited by X09a_justice

The other bro is not wrong, the OMV is only 27k for Drive E T5, even the Diesel D2 has a higher OMV (And selling 20k cheaper at least), most likely due to the CEVS etc etc.

and T5 Drive E is 245 bhp 350Nm of Torque, slight upgrade from the Eco-Boost Drive E =P

They decided to stripe out alot of parts before installing it back= when the car arrives in sg, to save the ARF, thats why the car price is cheap and yet profitable for them I Suppose

Mine is $38.5K. Earlier model. $27k is really too low. Just like my old Japanese SUV.

It could be because T5 drive-E engine is Volvo's own engine so it is cheaper than previously used Ford T5 engine or the D2 engine from Peugeot.

↡ Advertisement