How many of us have parents like this?

Jiayong

Our ancestor's wisdom tells us "天降大任于斯人也,必先苦其心志,劳其筋骨,饿其体肤". This is often lost in modern times.

lol

so you want your kid to 治国,平天下?

• Praise 2

Watched this video and was super inspired to be a good parent for my kids...

but then thinking again, asian culture like always want to be safe and don't want pple to fail.

How many of us have parents like this?

http://edumatters.sg/all-parents-you-have-to-take-2-mins-to-watch-this/

first we have to ask how many parents can do this themselves [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

if you can, the kids will follow, if you can't dun expect them do the same....

i admit i can't [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

I am afraid ... not many parents in Singapore will agree to this ...

Children are so well protected here and hence the stawberry and banana generation ...

Sad but true

• Praise 1

Ok what... Let them fall & learn to stand up. Otherwise they'll never know what to do when it really counts.

• Praise 1

Our ancestor's wisdom tells us "天降大任于斯人也,必先苦其心志,劳其筋骨,饿其体肤". This is often lost in modern times. In essence, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" told by Meng Zi, 2000+ years ago.

He still alive?

Actually the older generation has a dialect saying, loosely translate is "don't fall, won't grow up". Actually our chinese culture do recognize learning thru failure. It 's the modern parents who are are scared.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

lol

so you want your kid to 治国,平天下?

Modern intepretations:-

治国 ---- fix the nation

平天下 --- flatten the place

maybe today's kids will do just that when the grow up and grab the power [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

He's alive in spirit. [laugh]

wahahaha......true lah...children must learn through the 'falls' as they grow up. Thats how they will survive and bloom in their later yrs.

Turbocharged

wahahaha......true lah...children must learn through the 'falls' as they grow up. Thats how they will survive and bloom in their later yrs.

Same for bikers!!? [sweatdrop]

Actually the older generation has a dialect saying, loosely translate is "don't fall, won't grow up". Actually our chinese culture do recognize learning thru failure. It 's the modern parents who are are scared.

i only heard of a dialect that say the same except different word for the F [laugh][laugh]

Different leh .. 卧薪尝胆 is to swallow one's pride, but also requires strong character to developed. I tell them whatever they want in life they have to work for it, success is obtained through many failures and hard work. If they don't like it they can leave the house.

i also do this everyday.

I drink kopi black without anything. Bitter also you know.... :D

Our Chinese Proverb taught us this way, " 失 败 是 成 功 之 母 " [thumbsup]

• Praise 1