Dunlop SP Sport LM704

Donut

Supercharged

This is quite a new model. Supposed to be better than old LM703.

I'm thinking of changing rubber.

Couldn't find much reviews online.

Any comments about this?

↡ Advertisement

white fat man or nothing... :D

On a side note, i am on the falken flagship 453.

Like another bro that mentioned, this rubber runs max out at 30k. Pretty soft i say.

Avoid if you want longevity.

Supercharged

Like another bro that mentioned, this rubber runs max out at 30k. Pretty soft i say.

Thanks.

I'm comparing this with DY F1 Directional 5.

both have same price.

Thanks.

I'm comparing this with DY F1 Directional 5.

both have same price.

for some reason, i saw my friend's DY F1 D5 tyre wall becomes very flaky and rubbers are seen badly peeling away. [sweatdrop]

Supercharged

for some reason, i saw my friend's DY F1 D5 tyre wall becomes very flaky and rubbers are seen badly peeling away. [sweatdrop]

looks like its a quite a common problem with GY tyres........ some folks with GY EGrip or Assurance have this problem too...... rubber too soft?

looks like its a quite a common problem with GY tyres........ some folks with GY EGrip or Assurance have this problem too...... rubber too soft?

more like the rubber compound in question. But i guess those thai made should be okay.

Euro made.......scare [:/]

Supercharged

more like the rubber compound in question. But i guess those thai made should be okay.

Euro made.......scare [:/]

F1 D5 is made in Thailand.......... [laugh]

Supercharged

mmhhh.....my friend's seem euro made one.

oh.... been calling up a few shops and all say made in thailand

I beg to differ. My friend is using LM703 and has just cleared the 30k mark. His rubbers are still ok and good to go for another 15k. He drives a lot of Malaysia highway and sometimes exceeds 200kph. Never heard him complain. With more than 400 treadwear, you are looking at beyond 40k with proper tyre inflation. Tyres need to be kept at optimum pressure. Check your tyre pressure every 2 weeks at max and ensure that the pressure stays at the vehicle recommended pressure. My friends drives a car with 225/45 R17 and he keeps his pressure at 2.4-2.5bar (cold) by checking it every 2 weeks and topping up when necessary. He concedes that the performance is not as good as the ones he had in the past like Michelin primacy but the lifespan and price (<$130/pc, includes installation) compensates the loss. This is a ‘thai’ managed Dunlop project, collaboration with Sumitomo.

I beg to differ. My friend is using LM703 and has just cleared the 30k mark. His rubbers are still ok and good to go for another 15k. He drives a lot of Malaysia highway and sometimes exceeds 200kph. Never heard him complain. With more than 400 treadwear, you are looking at beyond 40k with proper tyre inflation. Tyres need to be kept at optimum pressure. Check your tyre pressure every 2 weeks at max and ensure that the pressure stays at the vehicle recommended pressure. My friends drives a car with 225/45 R17 and he keeps his pressure at 2.4-2.5bar (cold) by checking it every 2 weeks and topping up when necessary. He concedes that the performance is not as good as the ones he had in the past like Michelin primacy but the lifespan and price (<$130/pc, includes installation) compensates the loss. This is a ‘thai’ managed Dunlop project, collaboration with Sumitomo.

errr....i was referring the 30k to 453, not 703.

paisey for the confusion.

just MHO

modern era about tyre

Is the place where it produced

Is what compound formulated for where to use due to

road condition / weather / lastly the buying power too

Dunlop LM704 copy cat spotted. From China of course.

It's selling in Singapore. Wonder what's the cost savings, against a more reputable budget tyre like Kumho KU31 / Solus, Falken Ziex ZE-914 or GT Radial Champiro to justify fixing such China tyres.

CST CS889 Crucero

http://www.csttires.com/int/auto/passenger/cs889-crucero/

Dunlop LM704

http://dunlop.com.sg/tyres/comfort/sp-sport-lm704/

post-27974-0-00203500-1478782335_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement