Road trip to Malacca, are they still stopping SG drivers?

Puteh83

Hi.

Planning for a road trip sometime end of the mth to Malacca.

Just curious if the "Fine foreign cars" operation still going on?

Last heard from friend that they have collected abt RM900k.

Shd be enough already?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hi.

Shd be enough already?

do you ever complain of having too much money?

:D

• Praise 1

You don't have to worry if you know you had not committed any traffic offense there.

I'm sure I did not..

But in cowboy land, expect the unexpected...

Anyway, my friend got it during that operation period.. for some offence dated way back in year 2006.. which he don't even rem...

do you ever complain of having too much money?

:D

haha true that...

think i'll bring a dummy wallet. :)

Supercharged

I'm sure I did not..

But in cowboy land, expect the unexpected...

Anyway, my friend got it during that operation period.. for some offence dated way back in year 2006.. which he don't even rem...

haha true that...

think i'll bring a dummy wallet. :)

In this case then don't worry so much and just enjoy your holiday, and drive safe.

If really kena stopped, and proven you had a unsettled offense, then just pay on-the-spot lor.

• Praise 2

In this case then don't worry so much and just enjoy your holiday, and drive safe.

If really kena stopped, and proven you had a unsettled offense, then just pay on-the-spot lor.

yes.. that's where the dummy wallet comes in play... :D

Turbocharged

my friend just got it recently. they funnel all the SG cars into the RnR area to check for outstanding summons.

my friend got to pay close to S$200 fine which he told the officers he ready settled before.

the officers told him to pay first, go back SG and produce the receipt you did pay and come to MY to claim back. [hur]

Supercharged

my friend just got it recently. they funnel all the SG cars into the RnR area to check for outstanding summons.

my friend got to pay close to S$200 fine which he told the officers he ready settled before.

the officers told him to pay first, go back SG and produce the receipt you did pay and come to MY to claim back. [hur]

Should always carry the receipt with you (or at least put in the car), after payment. Next time kena asked to pay again then can show them the receipt...

Turbocharged

Should always carry the receipt with you (or at least put in the car), after payment. Next time kena asked to pay again then can show them the receipt...

the outstanding summon which my friend claimed to had settled is back in 2009. don't think he still have the receipt liao.

anyway, there was a SG couple there telling the officers they got not enough RM and no credit card. the officers told them to leave their car there and take cab back to SG and come back to settle the summon and collect back their car......

just checked, I got a outstanding offence which dated in 2003.

I remember the offence was settled via coffee money and was backstab.

The name of the offender which is not me and we no longer use NRIC as passport number.

So should I pay for the fine if being pull over?

post-61679-0-94699700-1420695326_thumb.png

summon is tied to car plate or driver license/nric?

if buy used car, how?

bring along a copy of sales invoice.

Bring along a copy of date of transfer.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

What do you think is more reliable ---

Government / Court records or some random person saying "oh yeah, I paid that fine"?

If you were the policeman who would you believe...

By the way....I have this bridge, named after a famous Singaporean I am trying to sell - letting it go cheap if you are interested...

the outstanding summon which my friend claimed to had settled is back in 2009. don't think he still have the receipt liao.

anyway, there was a SG couple there telling the officers they got not enough RM and no credit card. the officers told them to leave their car there and take cab back to SG and come back to settle the summon and collect back their car......

Ouch...

reminds me of the story of the Sillyporeans (yes I use it deliberately because these people really were silly) who drove to JB, no drivers licence, no IC, no wallet, just cash and passport - they then proceeded to make an illegal turn and got into big big trouble - mostly because of no licence with them...

then come back to Singapore and comprain...

Personally, I would not travel without my credit card -

Have always thought it is the best avenue for emergency funds if the situation arises - you never know what you may need, even though is just across the border and a (relatively) short walk - your credit card can open lots of doors if an"emergency" arises

• Praise 3

Don't remember nevermind. Just check on myeg.com.my. If no violations, they can stop you but it will not be in the system.

check under PDRM fines or JPJ fines?do we need to create an account in myeg?

• Praise 2

My friend got caught the last round, not this round.

Many of them went to the police station and was asked for money.

My friend don't want to pay and left his driving licence with the polis.

He simply came back and made a new driving licence for $30.

Still going in and out of Malaysia for work.

• Praise 1

ehh.. just pay the fine for the offense you did and remember to get receipt as a proof..

why so many people advocate speeding in m'sia and siam when got caught? face the crime you did please..

and those that keep openly acknowledge/encourage speeding in m'sia.. one day if local insurance factor offense in m'sia into our premium make sure don't kpkb..

some things you know I know can already..

• Praise 7

Hi.

Shd be enough already?

900k dun think is enough to buy 3 airplanes and payout to the families and the flood victims...maybe 9billion is the target. So pray hard if you are traveling NS highway.. Even if you have no existing fine.. They can give you on the spot without any reason... That's why i stop visiting Malaysia since they implement higher toll fees

Edited by Car_man
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1