2014 Nissan Teana Experience

pat3g

Few months after TC launched this model. I thought it may be good for owners of Teana to share their experience here.

Overall driving experience is good,especially when I managed to get 10 KM/l for FC on 2.5 engine.

The only issue I have is the 8" touch screen head unit, following is the problems I encountered.

1. Poor radio reception

2. Blue tooth function is bad when making call using my iPhone. Either to noisy back ground noise or bad reception.

3. Speaker humming noise even volume control is set to zero. You will be able to hear it when you switch off your air con & bring you volume control to zero.

After visiting TC service center for 3 times, I have learned that even the all new cars that comes with this HU will have the same issue. TC have yet to find any solution. I'm in touch with TC service manager regarding this issues. I keep all bros posted if they found a solution.

Edited by HyperTonic
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I believe you are using the new HU with integrated GPS?

I have upgraded mine 2 months ago.

I do not use the blue tooth function, so cannot comment.

But for radio, no reception problem so far.

For the humming noise, I did not try turning the volume to zero, so cannot comment. But when I select " video in " so that only GPS voice is activated, I do not hear any humming noise.

Hope TC can provide a solution the problems you mentioned soon to car owner affected.

• Praise 3

(edited)

I believe you are using the new HU with integrated GPS?

I have upgraded mine 2 months ago.

I do not use the blue tooth function, so cannot comment.

But for radio, no reception problem so far.

For the humming noise, I did not try turning the volume to zero, so cannot comment. But when I select " video in " so that only GPS voice is activated, I do not hear any humming noise.

Hope TC can provide a solution the problems you mentioned soon to car owner affected.

RH1667,

Try using the blue tooth to make phone calls & you will know what I mean.

There is no "video in" connector provided. Therefore, if you select "video in" you will only see a black screen.

Edited by pat3g
  • Praise 1

Did u install rear car camera that may distort radio reception?

R u using iPhone for blue tooth? There may be some bugs depending on your ios version.

R u using iPhone for blue tooth? There may be some bugs depending on your ios version.

the rear camera was come pre-installed by TC.

weather using iphone, android or nokia phones, the result is the same.

Seems like the HU issues affect both Qashqai and Teana models (at least this is what I read).

I hope TC can get their act together considering these models are higher-end models costing 140k or more. To me, it is unacceptable to use a cheapo HU (made in C*** ?) considering paying a premium. It should at least come with factory fitted HU with the bells and whistles for a complete integrated look. Or at the very least, use a branded aftermarket unit like Pioneer or Alpine, etc !

I was quite interested in the Qashqai initially, but considering they go to this extent to offer a locally fitted HU with such quality. No way for me, even we have Cefiro and Sunny in the household which have been very reliable all these years.

Gonna change brand, this time round.

RH1667,

Try using the blue tooth to make phone calls & you will know what I mean.

There is no "video in" connector provided. Therefore, if you select "video in" you will only see a black screen.

Thanks, but I do not like to connect my phone to my car and make it like a speaker phone for all in my car to listen to my phone conversation.

I select " video in " and use the GPS, so still can use the map and listen to the GPS voice.

• Praise 9

(edited)

Hi guys

May I ask if the upgraded HU can link to smartphone (android/iphone) waze?

Thanks

The upgraded HU can be linked to smartphone (android/iphone) using blue tooth for making calls & music playback.

It's window CE OS so I think you can't run waze. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by pat3g

(edited)

I would like to find out is there any Teana owner having the 8" touch screen head unit encountered poor radio reception?

especially channel 93.8.

Edited by pat3g

I would like to find out is there any Teana owner having the 8" touch screen head unit encountered poor radio reception?

especially channel 93.8.

Looks like there is not many Teana owners reading reading this tread. Or could it be they have no issue with their HU and I'm just the unlucky one.

(edited)

Just an update...

I think you are right. The rear camera cabling is the culprit. On my third complaint visit to TC, they re-route the cable for the rear camera & re-configured the HU blue tooth for iPhone. I must say, the HU now works much much better now.

TC should done this right at the first installation instead of having the customer to go down so many times.

I guess I may be the first few customers that did the HU upgrading. So no choice become their guinea pig, very suay.

Edited by pat3g

Just an update...

I think you are right. The rear camera cabling is the culprit. On my third complaint visit to TC, they re-route the cable for the rear camera & re-configured the HU blue tooth for iPhone. I must say, the HU now works much much better now.

TC should done this right at the first installation instead of having the customer to go down so many times.

I guess I may be the first few customers that did the HU upgrading. So no choice become their guinea pig, very suay.

Glad to know they managed to solve the problem.

Enjoy your ride!

• Praise 6

Based on my understanding of mcf, I think you are the first teana owner ha.

Just like i'm the first accord owner

5" stock HU dosn't good compare to a 8'' upgraded HU on a 2.5 Teana.

Not sure why isn't many owner do the upgrade?

post-153260-0-78581200-1423364111.jpg

post-153260-0-92166000-1423364123_thumb.jpg

post-153260-0-13526400-1423364321.jpg

• Praise 1

Bro u did the right choice.swee on 8"

How much u pay for change?

Edited by Camrytron

Bro u did the right choice.swee on 8"

How much u pay for change?

I think the 8" Headunit are on the later batches,because buyers wanted GPS in it,like the Mazda 6,but the original 8" unit from Japan[like the 3.5 model] will be very expensive,so Tan Chong 'sourced' cheaper [thumbsdown] [.MIC.?] unit..to complete the thing.

Edited by ER-3682

Read the qashqai thread and it will be clear why many informed people take the stock hu or go out and do their own. I myself also has this China made hu and it failed on the day of new car collection.

↡ Advertisement