金庸武侠 Jin Yong novel Serials

Baal

One thing consistent is that all the kids that grow up to create a lot of trouble are all pampered by their parents. Ouyang Ke was pampered by Ouyang Feng (father/uncle), Yang Kang was pampered by his mother and Wanyan Honglie, Guo Fu was pampered by Huang Rong. The kids that grow up to become heroes all suffer in their childhood. Another consistent theme is 富(武功)不过三代. All the respectable sects by the 3rd generation become villains or no longer superior.

this we can use in our context as you can see the strawberry gen.

try break this curse and we make history.

something to ponder on our policy and teaching.

One thing consistent is that all the kids that grow up to create a lot of trouble are all pampered by their parents. Ouyang Ke was pampered by Ouyang Feng (father/uncle), Yang Kang was pampered by his mother and Wanyan Honglie, Guo Fu was pampered by Huang Rong. The kids that grow up to become heroes all suffer in their childhood. Another consistent theme is 富(武功)不过三代. All the respectable sects by the 3rd generation become villains or no longer superior.

one thing consistent is all the heroes who suffered in their childhood, needed luck to become the heroes that they were

otherwise the pampered strawberries would pwn them deep deep

poor peasants need luck to get ahead...hard truths

[:(]  [sweatdrop]  :D

• Praise 2

one thing consistent is all the heroes who suffered in their childhood, needed luck to become the heroes that they were

otherwise the pampered strawberries would pwn them deep deep

poor peasants need luck to get ahead...hard truths

[:(]  [sweatdrop]  :D

Haha JY's hard truths.

The other reason is that he witnessed the massacre of Khwarezmia, the Middle Eastern empire that he helped invade to capture Wanyan Honglie. He realized the same will also happen to his motherland.

wow u really know the engilsh translation of all these places/events. I contented with only agar agar 

Edited by Lala81

Haha .. true true. They are always helped by highly skilled experts. Qiu Chuji made a remark when he compare Guo Jing and Yang Kang that having a righteous heart beats any superior skills, so maybe that's how they can attract the help of righteous heroes. 

i have a righteous heart....

now what i need to do is to buy toto tickets every week and wait

:D

• Praise 1

She thought this stupid guy can give up his best treasures for a street pauper, he must have a heart of gold so she appeared finally dressed like a lady. Guo Jing gave him (her) his red horse, coat and all his gold.

Got many stupid people in this world, but not many as lucky as guo jing.

傻有傻福  [laugh]

It always depends on which side you are on.

In Chinese history, the Mongols and Manchus (Jurchens/Jin) are good in making use of minority races against the Han majority. In Jinyong's story, the Tibetan monks such as Lingzhi and Jinlun are well taken care of by the ruling Mongols / Manchus. They also have other minority races such as Khitan (Liao), Persian, working for them.

To Wanyan Honglie, and those who help him, Sung is a corrupted government even if it is run by Han people. But to the righteous sects, Jin is a villain government who killed a lot of Sung people, so they rather help the corrupted Han Emperor. On the other hand, because the Mongols are attacking Jin, so they were a friend of Sung. But by the time, Jin is eliminated, Sung becomes the next natural target. In the end, the people always suffer. In the 1950's, the Sung/Jin/Mongol conflict is an interesting reflection of the situation in China.

Of course, then there are always those who always serve for their own greed.

The Jin did not died off. It became the 女真, go one big round then conquer the whole china built the Qing dynasty.

Jurchen (女真) is the race, Jin (金) is the dynasty. Jin was eliminated, and ruled by the Mongols/Yuan. Later, they were ruled by the Ming. Nuerhaci, founder of Qing, worked as a junior commander under the Ming Empire before he rebelled and grow his military.

Later he declared himself the emperor of Qing in Manchuria, effectively reinstating the Jin Dynasty (后金). His ambition was to replace Ming, and Jin 金 is much hated by the Han people, so his son renamed it Qing 清.

wow, this brings back some vague memory of Chnese history which i learnt in sec sch, almost 35 yr ago... which i've almost completely forgotten, except that China started with 

夏,商,周 dynasties...

one day should go refreshed a bit  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Jurchen (女真) is the race, Jin (金) is the dynasty. Jin was eliminated, and ruled by the Mongols/Yuan. Later, they were ruled by the Ming. Nuerhaci, founder of Qing, worked as a junior commander under the Ming Empire before he rebelled and grow his military.

Later he declared himself the emperor of Qing in Manchuria, effectively reinstating the Jin Dynasty (后金). His ambition was to replace Ming, and Jin 金 is much hated by the Han people, so his son renamed it Qing 清.

Jin should consider as dynasty? It should only consider as a country during that time. They couldn't swallow Song then kanna destroy in the end.

Yup. 努而哈赤's son 皇太极 renamed as Qing.

u guys really know your history well. thumbs up.

I never knew the manchus were the Jin dynasty people.

Edited by Lala81

aiyah, give up trying to keep track of the age of the various characters. Also dunno whether jing yong got really keep proper record and track or not when he first wrote for ming po.

when she diao first started, qiu chu qi is way better than the jiang nan 7, so qcj unlikely to be v young, should be youngest mid-to-late 20s, if not 30s right? Maybe even older, as his 师兄 is already the sect leader. And the north-south-east-west are supposedly the quan zhen 7's elders, just maybe a notch younger than their teacher, wang chong yang. So the NSEW should already be around maybe 30s to 40s?

Then as the story developed, guo jin and yang kang were born, and were supposed to duel when they are 18. Plus a bit here and there, and maybe she diao lasted some 20 yr, making NSEWs maybe into the 50s to 60s.

Add that to shen diao, yang guo was born and grew up to be what age by the end shen diao ends. And see how old would huang yaoshi and Prince duan (yi deng monk) be...

As for huang rong, she doesn't have to dress dirty lah. She was forced by circumstances to be the beggars' leader, and i think they made exception that she doesn't have to be a practising beggar leh. Something like just sew a few patches on her dress or something? not sure if i remembered correctly after all these years...

my son p6. and i still think the words novel is too cheem for him now.

where to get the comic version, would you know?

I was thinking of that too, but couldn't find it on the rare occasions we go to the library.

I start reading Jing Yong novel when I was in sec 2.

Sec 1 I start reading Wei shili scientific book.

Nowadays very difficult to ask kids to read Chinese book. I still have most of the jing Yong series bought in the 80s, ask them to read but they don't want. Mine is traditional Chinese though.

Primary line .. 夏,商,周,春秋,戰國,秦,漢,三國,晉, 南北朝,隋,唐,五代十國,宋,元,明,清. [laugh] [laugh]

Sir, u should really be a history teacher.

↡ Advertisement