金庸武侠 Jin Yong novel Serials

Baal

Honestly, i also didn't know much about 张学良, but just read up a bit since we're on this topic.

Now have a better understanding of him...

2 things:

1)  what do you understand by 故居? Got what significance?

2)  张学良 was stuck between KMT and communists, and had to go against his boss (KMT), to ensure peace to fight the Japs. Do you see any resemblance with 萧峰?

i am noob, so i might be wrong.

when kmt over throw qing, dr sun is their leader, at that time  KMT and the communist were still friend.

it only when Chiang Kai-shek take over then they become enemy.

↡ Advertisement

Honestly, i also didn't know much about 张学良, but just read up a bit since we're on this topic.

2 things:

2)  张学良 was stuck between KMT and communists, and had to go against his boss (KMT), to ensure peace to fight the Japs. Do you see any resemblance with 萧峰?

1. 故居 means he previously stayed there.

2. KMT and Communists are all same race, Chinese. Xiao Feng origin is Qi Dan but was brought up by the Song.  Hence, I think not so same ba.

i am noob, so i might be wrong.

when kmt over throw qing, dr sun is their leader, at that time  KMT and the communist were still friend.

it only when Chiang Kai-shek take over then they become enemy.

This type questions i dun have deep knowledge so cannot answer for sure. 

Will need China experts to advise.

But what little i heard/read/saw/thought is that the monarchy (Emperor/dynasty) was coming to an end, as it was so weak, so the people rebelled and it collapsed. The forces all over China was against the one common enemy - the monarchy (Emperor/dynasty)

And the rebel was made by all sorts of small local officers who formed their armies, and wanted to be the warlord of their own territory, plus in the process want to makan others' in order to expand their own. The most famous one would be 袁世凯。

These greedy people's ultimate aim is to replace the Qing and become the new ruler, so there was widespread fights and wars by the different warlords everywhere. Think KMT and later the communists were probably the 2 finalists that survived eventually. It's like UCL group stage go until final lor  :XD:

1. 故居 means he previously stayed there.

2. KMT and Communists are all same race, Chinese. Xiao Feng origin is Qi Dan but was brought up by the Song.  Hence, I think not so same ba.

Yup, i understand the word. Just wondering what's the significance/implication of having a 故居 done up...

Actually i took the race issue out of the equation, but just comparing that 张学良 was originally on one side of the two warring parties, 国民党, but he decided to force his boss 蒋介石, to stop/suspend war with 共产党 for the sake of the people. In this case, the people's cause was to stop fighting each other so as to combine force to fight the Japs. In 萧峰's case, the cause was to avoid/prevent invasion which will lead to massive loss of innocent lives.

And in the process, the main character kanna hated by the boss, maybe the people (at least some)... 忠义难两全  [bigcry]

2 things:

his house lor.

i guess it's where he was house arrested for long period ( 50 years?) so it has political significance of sorts.

Indeed the fall of the Aisin Gioro dynasty. immediately creates a vacuum. Sun Yat Sen was charismatic but he does not have the military power to fill this vacuum, so he made a deal with Yuan Shikai who commanded the North Sea Army and was at the center of Qing politics as 內閣總理大臣 (Prime Minister in the short-lived constitutional monarchy). Without which, the country will be in chaos and proven in subsequent years after Yuan Shikai died, leading to the War Lord era (軍閥割據). See below how the country was divided by the war lords - Zhang Zuolin is Zhang Xueliang's father, whose influence covers Manchuria (North East China) and first assassinated, invaded and occupied by Imperial Japanese Army.

One imagine the trust between Chang Kai-Shek and Zhang Xueliang probably never quite there, or rather Chang Kai-Shek will never fully trusted the war lord generals.

1024px-CaudillosMilitaresEnChina1925Alte

i think Yuan Shikai become emperor for 1 day? then kenna overthrown.

his house lor.

i guess it's where he was house arrested for long period ( 50 years?) so it has political significance of sorts.

no lah, he was moved along with KMT to Taiwan, where he was under house arrest for almost 50 yr, until he was freed when he turned 90 and then migrated to Hawaii and lived ~10 yr before he died.

So that one must have been his original/ancestral house, since yaloryalor said it's in shenyang...

no lah, he was moved along with KMT to Taiwan, where he was under house arrest for almost 50 yr, until he was freed when he turned 90 and then migrated to Hawaii and lived ~10 yr before he died.

So that one must have been his original/ancestral house, since yaloryalor said it's in shenyang...

think it's a very chinese thing to revere the house a great person stayed in.

they do the same for sun yat sen too. think there is a sun yat sen house in singapore too at balestier area.

i never understood how looking at a place a great person grew up would be useful historically or its significance. lol

they do the same for sun yat sen too. think there is a sun yat sen house in singapore too at balestier area.

i never understood how looking at a place a great person grew up would be useful historically or its significance. lol

yah... i'm curious about the 故居 bit, partly for personal reason, so wanted to find out more. Heard that something like that is being planned for my late grandpa's house...

oh yes, the Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall near Balestier is a place where sec students are brought to for those dunno what programs/trips.

I am watching tian long ba bu now.

The story of ah zhu who fell in love with Qiao feng damn sad??she was quite pretty and nice sincere heart lady...

Why sad, she fell in love with Qiao Feng because she know Qiao Feng is a real hero. It was actually very touching when everyone is against him. She is behind giving the support.

She real sad part is when Qiao Feng killed her.

• Praise 1

Yes bro!! That was what I meant!! I had watery eyes when she "acted & imposter" herself as her father duan Zhen chun to sacrifice herself!!! Very touching and heroic of her + she ( the actress ) was sweet, pretty and nice character!!

Left me thinking if I will meet any girl like her in my life!! I must be DREAMING!!!! LOL

I think old version few years back..天龍八部 HD第29集 未刪減版

The version I like most is the one Qiao Feng act by Hu Jun. Edited by Tohto

Why sad, she fell in love with Qiao Feng because she know Qiao Feng is a real hero. It was actually very touching when everyone is against him. She is behind giving the support.

She real sad part is when Qiao Feng killed her.

To Ah Zhu, she has no choice cos she know it's unfair for Xiao Feng to forgive her father (they though Duan Zhen Chun was the 带头大哥). She dun wan her father to get hurt so she hopes her death can redeem Xiao Feng anger.

Xiao Feng got double blow. First when he killed Ah Zhu, second when he found out Duan Zhen Chun was not involved in the 雁门关 incident.

not really. think shakespeare, hemmingway, some american independence heroes also have their old houses as memorials.

Oh.... Then got another house here. . Just vacated.

Will become a national monument soon probably.

was watching last nite's edition of 射雕... 

if 段王爷's 一阳指 can defeat 欧阳... then why didnt he at 华山论剑? 

if only about same level.. then why did 王重阳 need to go learn to defeat 蛤蟆功??

any experts??

was watching last nite's edition of 射雕... 

if 段王爷's 一阳指 can defeat 欧阳... then why didnt he at 华山论剑? 

if only about same level.. then why did 王重阳 need to go learn to defeat 蛤蟆功??

any experts??

It's because the toad skill requires the concentration of your Qi into 1 point on your body (think it's somewhere on the forehead).

I think only yi yang zhi (which is one of the highest level dian xue skill) can break this concentration.

WCY learnt the skill not to defeat toad skill (cos he's already stronger than OYF) but to stop OYF from disturbing the quanzhen sect for jiu yin zhen jin after his inevitable death for a number of years.

So by breaking this skill, he knew OYF would retreat back to xi yu for another 10-15 years to relearn the toad skill.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1