Why do people not move back in the bus/ recommendations

Philipkee

My take on this issue is that it is difficult to alight when you are at the back of the bus.

Squeezing through the other passengers is a hell of a task especially if you are in those buses that ply the industrial areas.

So people take the easiest approach and crowd near the exit door and refuse to move to the back.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I am just surprise to see this, this is not a new issue. As far as 30-40 years back it was already like this, nothing to do with the bus, is all human behavior.

Many years back, I remember there was a period of time where the bus driver will not move unless people moved back. That was usually during the peak hours where the front is jam up and the back empty. That really worked out well, but not sure if the current drivers do that anymore.

• Praise 1

Smrt need to hire muscle ah tiong drivers to push the passengers toward the back!

This too violent and potentially giving some aunties a chance to shout "Molest!!!", just to satisfy their own fantasies!!

How about some "neutral" solutions:-

1 Put strong overhead fans to blow and mess up the hair of those female passegners who clog up the front

2 Make the surface of the floor in front very uneven that it is very uncomfortable for anyone who stand there more than few seconds

3 Put a strong vibrating floor (activated by the driver) in front

4 Put a leaking ceiling in front (also activated by the driver)

5 Put DVD screen at the rear showing interesting shows!!

6 PUt those hot spot lights (used in display of roast chickens / bbq pork in front of food stalls) at the front

See how many inconsiderate passengers will still want to clog the front space?

• Praise 1

3 doors: front for boarding. middle and back for alighting.

No doors, open concept, passengers just get out wherever they are standing?

• Praise 1

This too violent and potentially giving some aunties a chance to shout "Molest!!!", just to satisfy their own fantasies!!

How about some "neutral" solutions:-

1 Put strong overhead fans to blow and mess up the hair of those female passegners who clog up the front

2 Make the surface of the floor in front very uneven that it is very uncomfortable for anyone who stand there more than few seconds

3 Put a strong vibrating floor (activated by the driver) in front

4 Put a leaking ceiling in front (also activated by the driver)

5 Put DVD screen at the rear showing interesting shows!!

6 PUt those hot spot lights (used in display of roast chickens / bbq pork in front of food stalls) at the front

See how many inconsiderate passengers will still want to clog the front space?

rather than these

SBS will just add more buses and increase fare will do

• Praise 2

In my own experience in Japan and Taiwan .. not really, particularly in big cities like Tokyo. In smaller prefectures, very very good though. But Tokyo and Taipei situation still slightly better.

However, giving up seats to old people and people in need, I feel that Singapore is doing better. In this respect, Taipei is better than Tokyo. It may be due to space, as Tokyo public transport are always packed. Taipei is less crowded than Tokyo and Singapore. I go to Tokyo, give up seats and people were surprised.

Their public bus board from middle and alight in front.

• Praise 2

elderly and unkers/aunties I understand....scared cannot get out of bus in time.

there are very dedicated young people who would die die stand near or in the exit door well.....first to chiong out.

I used to move to the back of the bus and was angry when nobody else did. Then realized I cannot be angry every time I take public transport so I joined them. I stopped making the effort to excuse myself, squeeze through and move to the back.

• Praise 2

I used to move to the back of the bus and was angry when nobody else did. Then realized I cannot be angry every time I take public transport so I joined them. I stopped making the effort to excuse myself, squeeze through and move to the back.

Thank you for your honesty....after a while, one can get disillusioned with prevalent negative behaviours.

• Praise 2

The reason people do not move to the back is bcos

the exit door is in the middle so people don't like to go pass.

In Japan the door is at the back so people really moved to the back.

Why don't they buy buses with doors at the back.

I believe is last time people sneak in from the back without paying.

In Japan no one does things like that.

In the adult educational videos I watch they just try to help increase

the population of the country but never cheat on paying the fare.

:D

But the techniques used in those I watch, cannot result in population increase one leh? Bullet land everywhere except where it will increase population.

Then just hire ah tiong xmm to do the pushing lor.

COE price sure come down one. (at least 1 guy would give up car)

One stone kill 2 bird.

I should be an LTA scholar.

Edited by Ake109
  • Praise 2

Actually the bus company can just install a pre-recorded announcement in all 4 languages to ask the passenger to move back to the end of the bus. The bus captain just need to press a button to activate the announcement if he see the front of the bus is crowded and there are space in the back of the bus or go up to upper deck for double deck buses.

have lar.....i still remember the driver will shout 'kia jit tampo...kia jit tampo' while taking the bus to school eons ago. Quite automatic actually as the driver will stand up at every bus stop.....hahaha!

In my own experience in Japan and Taiwan .. not really, particularly in big cities like Tokyo. In smaller prefectures, very very good though. But Tokyo and Taipei situation still slightly better.

However, giving up seats to old people and people in need, I feel that Singapore is doing better. In this respect, Taipei is better than Tokyo. It may be due to space, as Tokyo public transport are always packed. Taipei is less crowded than Tokyo and Singapore. I go to Tokyo, give up seats and people were surprised.

you give up seat to av actress right...most prob the passengers were thinking of a bang bus experience!
  • Praise 1

have lar.....i still remember the driver will shout 'kia jit tampo...kia jit tampo' while taking the bus to school eons ago. Quite automatic actually as the driver will stand up at every bus stop.....hahaha!

you give up seat to av actress right...most prob the passengers were thinking of a bang bus experience!

During my teenage, I learned from public bus conductors three useful malays words...." masuk dalam tolong " [:)]

• Praise 5

During my teenage, I learned from public bus conductors three useful malays words...." masuk dalam tolong " [:)]

most prob we are of different era....my time they already changed to hokkien......kia jit tampo....kia jit tampo....asai buay.....hahaha!

masuk dlm tolong sounds like having good time.....hahaha!

Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 2

most prob we are of different era....my time they already changed to hokkien......kia jit tampo....kia jit tampo....asai buay.....hahaha!

masuk dlm tolong sounds like having good time.....hahaha!

These sound with both having :huh: high heart beats rate, but not in the public bus [laugh]

• Praise 4

These sound with both having :huh: high heart beats rate, but not in the public bus [laugh]

kia jit tampo-move inside ABIT.

Masuk dalam tolong-move-in deeper please.

So who enjoying more? The malay or the chinese version?

Hahahaha!

Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 1

But the techniques used in those I watch, cannot result in population increase one leh? Bullet land everywhere except where it will increase population.

You are right.

That's why they keep practicing but no real results to shout about.

:D

• Praise 4

rather than these

SBS will just add more buses and increase fare will do

LOL, this one we can wait long long.... :-(

↡ Advertisement