COE quota up for February to April 2015

cllq

Erection confirm coming. Time to make us feel good.

My feel is it's at the later half of this year so must make COE come down. But not sure after that since most of the time it's time to start paying installment for the goodies given.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

anyone can confirm thr Feb second round biding is from 16-18Feb??

Asking because 19Feb is CNY.

will it be postpone to the following week 23-25Feb?

I am asking because I want to try to bid for the COE on the first one after the CNY...where its usually the 'lowest' historically.

Very likely, if no of COE goes to 1400pcs. Needs about 850 for equilibrium pt. Beyond EP, price will come down. Before EP, increase in no. has no effect on Price.

Babyblade is a girl? How come not featured in MCF magazine?

1. You're not very observant are you?

2. It seems that equilibrium point does not mean what you think it means. Every single bidding the COE market reaches an equilibrium point.

Given the massive 40% increase in Cat A COE quota, prices should drop more, will this encourage some Cat B buyers to buy a Cat A car?

Me is one of those.

Had booked Cat A car from current Cat B ride, and present Cat A models are as good as past Cat B cars. Can also reduce out front $$$.

2. It seems that equilibrium point does not mean what you think it means. Every single bidding the COE market reaches an equilibrium point.

Not on the very first bid after a change in rule or quota.

That is where bargain hunters like me will try for a lower or fluke result!

Lets see.....the second bid for Feb. is just one day before CNY, very interesting result can happen.

u r always too mysterious and the guys all wanna get ur attn. lol :D

count me out

i am disillusioned ever since BB declared she doesn't like seafood and liu lian

:D

For example, I went to see a Honda Civic in end 2009 selling at $70k plus. I don't think it is hard to let go at $60k plus and use it to pay the initial down payment for a new car to extend another 5 years. Why would you want to drive till the end and buy after the COE peak lol.

Don't jump the gun. Try calculating how much you would have had to pay for the 2 cars altogether, and divide that by the number of years you own the 2 cars, see how much is the depreciation.

Compare this with the depreciation if you only drive the low-COE car till then end, before changing.

There is a reason why there was a bunch of the cars from the 2nd-ever crash (May 2001?), where cat A COE was $101, was driven till scrap, instead of hastily traded in when COE shot up.

If you don't need a newer or bigger car, or your current car is not giving you any trouble, then there's no good reason to change at all. Just buy a new car before the end of the COE expiry, or renew the COE.

Exactly…

And if family grow (let's say suddenly got triplets plus need to get maid…), then likely the COE high or low also must bite the bullet to get bigger car lor… (provided can afford).

count me out

i am disillusioned ever since BB declared she doesn't like seafood and liu lian

i think i have her on my instagram lol

Save up and wait for the next economic crisis to come..

Interesting to know more. Can share your view ? What's the time frame ?

Thanks in advance.

The new quota of a quarter is based on the dereg of the past quarter right?

So when the dereg figures is trending up, COE is likely to go up because those who dereg will get a new car (assuming they don't drop out). They are lagging behind the quota and will pent up the demand.

If there is any meaningful drop, it should be right after the peak when the dereg starts to trend down.

Of course there are many other parameters which will influence this COE, but that's for another day.

those who think that COE will be an election goody would be probably disappointed

Govt has repeatedly stressed that COE price depends on the free market

if they engineer a price drop and claim credit for it as an election goody

then it's openly admitting to the fact that COE price can be manipulated and not free market based as they have always stated. Won't this anger the voters more?

if they engineer a price drop and doesn't claim credit for it, then what could swing the voters? feel good effect ah? this one no guarantee at all and they won't do things with no guaranteed results

those who think that COE will be an election goody would be probably disappointed

Govt has repeatedly stressed that COE price depends on the free market

if they engineer a price drop and claim credit for it as an election goody

then it's openly admitting to the fact that COE price can be manipulated and not free market based as they have always stated. Won't this anger the voters more?

if they engineer a price drop and doesn't claim credit for it, then what could swing the voters? feel good effect ah? this one no guarantee at all and they won't do things with no guaranteed results

And you trust what they say??? wa kao!

↡ Advertisement