Ang Moh Cyclist charged for throwing bike at car

Volvobrick

The cyclists are trying to out-do one another - throwing own bike now!

Cyclist charged with throwing bike at car after honking incident
Published on Jan 14, 2015 12:13 PM
524 30 1 0 PRINT EMAIL
3362297222e.jpg
Canadian Jason Blair Unger, 39, allegedly threw the bicycle on the bonnet of Mr Woo Wing Onn's car on Selegie Road on the morning of Oct 17 last year. -- ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

By Elena Chong

SINGAPORE - A cyclist who allegedly threw his bike at a car after believing its driver was honking his horn at him was charged in court with mischief on Wednesday.

Canadian Jason Blair Unger, 39, allegedly threw the bicycle on the bonnet of Mr Woo Wing Onn's car on Selegie Road on Oct 17 last year.

Dents and scratches were caused to the front part of the vehicle, resulting in damage costing about $2,220.

Unger sought an adjournment to engage a lawyer.

His bail was extended and he will be back in court on Jan 28.

The incident was caught on Mr Woo's in-car camera and he posted the video on citizen journalism website Stomp four days later.

Mr Woo said he was driving home with his wife when he honked at a taxi which was travelling slowly and hogging the road.

But a cyclist who was just up ahead thought he was honking at him instead and became enraged.

The maximum penalty for mischief is two years' jail and a fine.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/courts-crime/story/cyclist-charged-throwing-bike-car-after-honking-incident-20150114#sthash.j2WzuhI7.dpuf

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Not all AM are high class.

There are many cheapo AM who can't find job in their country.

When they come to our land, they thot they are one class above us.

Pui!

• Praise 14

AMDK never learnt ...

A lot of these rubbish, are still cycling the whole lane on a 2 lane road at Telok blangah....when you honk at them they

give you the WTF face......they should be taught to learn the right way before someone kills them.

• Praise 1

Not all AM are high class.

There are many cheapo AM who can't find job in their country.

When they come to our land, they thot they are one class above us.

Pui!

Can't praise you yet, what you said is very true! Go to another country, jolly well follow their culture!

• Praise 1

woah and i tot canadians are the seebeh relax and laid back kind of ppl

Canadian customs can be a bunch of racist fxxkers.

When I visited from the USA, the customs flung our passports back to my family in a very unfriendly and rude manner.

They then asked us which part of China is SG at. They had the impression we are like Hong Kong.

My mom was quite calm and asked if they had a world map. She showed them where SG is and explained that we are not part of China.

They became friendly all of a sudden.

• Praise 6

wah lao the car driver damn gong.

i would have driven away taking the bike along.

AM bike easily costs >10k. [speechless]

My bike cost $130 at a warehouse sale...

currently not working because my spokes ate my rear derailler

• Praise 1

Rule 1:

Never mess with customs officers no matter how rude they are..... wait they check all your orifices then you know!

And if not happy with them, don't visit Canada....It is their country, if they don't welcome us as visitors to spend money there, spend our money elsewhere.

• Praise 6

My bike cost $130 at a warehouse sale...

currently not working because my spokes ate my rear derailler

then you can throw credit /debit cards,handbags,groceries,shirts sama i also take. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Rule 1:

Never mess with customs officers no matter how rude they are..... wait they check all your orifices then you know!

And if not happy with them, don't visit Canada....It is their country, if they don't welcome us as visitors to spend money there, spend our money elsewhere.

Didn't mess with them. Always keep low profile at customs.

Only their customs gave attitude when they assumed we were part of China. Once that was cleared up, their Mr Hyde appeared.