My SG passport can't be used for authorization.

ShepherdPie

Argh...

LTA does not accept my passport for the purpose to authorised someone to scrap the car. ?!?!

I didnt want to pass my IC because i am always weary that the some one may be careless with it and it may be misused.So i passed the person my Passport instead.

But i was applauded that my passport is not good enough to id me ?!?

↡ Advertisement

Argh...

LTA does not accept my passport for the purpose to authorised someone to scrap the car. ?!?!

I didnt want to pass my IC because i am always weary that the some one may be careless with it and it may be misused.So i passed the person my Passport instead.

Can always apply for T-Pin and pass the T-Pin to the dealer to scrap the car.

So your NRIC safe in your wallet.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Argh...

Not the same mah... Of course cannot lah.

NRIC and passport are 2 different document. NRIC# and passport# also not the same.

Argh...

I just hope that when you were driving the car the breaks were working properly and that racism isn't going to rare it's ugly head in this tread.

We must always remember that while we are hair in Singapore we must follow the Singapore lore as to what sort of ID is needed.

It seems to be quite a feet of illogical thought that the LTA won't accept your passport as ID however - did they give you a good reason?

Govt authorities do tend to have quite a flair for silly rules, but perhaps we should paws for a moment to consider exactly why they have such a rule in place. Especially now that our IC number is different to the passport number.

It would be a really interesting exercise to pier into there training manual to sea if we can also find any other silly rules.

isn't passport more worthy than an IC?

Depends - how many times have you lost your IC? What is the replacement cost after the third time?

• Praise 1

I just hope that when you were driving the car the breaks were working properly and that racism isn't going to rare it's ugly head in this tread.

We must always remember that while we are hair in Singapore we must follow the Singapore lore as to what sort of ID is needed.

It seems to be quite a feet of illogical thought that the LTA won't accept your passport as ID however - did they give you a good reason?

Govt authorities do tend to have quite a flair for silly rules, but perhaps we should paws for a moment to consider exactly why they have such a rule in place. Especially now that our IC number is different to the passport number.

It would be a really interesting exercise to pier into there training manual to sea if we can also find any other silly rules.

Depends - how many times have you lost your IC? What is the replacement cost after the third time?

You typed this while drunk?

• Praise 6

Your post gave me cancer.

• Praise 1

A passport is a travel document, usually issued by the government of a nation, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder for the purpose of international travel.

An identity document is any document which may be used to verify aspects of a person's personal identity.

• Praise 4

A passport is a travel document, usually issued by the government of a nation, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder for the purpose of international travel.

An identity document is any document which may be used to verify aspects of a person's personal identity.

Thanks - I didn't know that.

Wey!! Why u mocking us on how we pronounce some words?

U is si bei troll. [laugh]

For a moment I thought why you suddenly lost your ability to spell. Thank God I persisted in reading on.

08acb625944530b340225e6c667824c94ca25626

Wey!! Why u mocking us on how we pronounce some words?

Absolutely NOT!

I am very very wary about making jokes about the way that Singaporeans speak - being very aware that I am barely monolingual when most people here are at the very least bilingual.

Although I do understand that some people may grow weary of having their language insulted.

I would be totally appalled if you were to be insulted by my post, especially as on many occasions I feel that your posts should be applauded for logical reasoning and good levels of knowledge.

• Praise 1

Absolutely NOT!

I am very very wary about making jokes about the way that Singaporeans speak - being very aware that I am barely monolingual when most people here are at the very least bilingual.

Although I do understand that some people may grow weary of having their language insulted.

I would be totally appalled if you were to be insulted by my post, especially as on many occasions I feel that your posts should be applauded for logical reasoning and good levels of knowledge.

wah...cheem lah your reply! Can keep it simpur?

I hope you are not attempting humour. Our English standards are not great by any means, and we do misspell/misuse many words.

Substituting actual words of different meanings will certainly not make some of us do a double take, but instead confuse our vocabulary.

Seriously I'm not joking.

Edit:

I understand your intention. the OP is littered with the misused/incorrect words. Which is why "Native" (I hate this word choice) English speakers should set an example.

Edited by Nolicense
  • Praise 1

Argh...

Non-Cancerous Version:

Urgh...

LTA did not accept my passport for the purpose of authorising someone to scrap my car.

I didn't want to pass my IC to someone else because I am wary that the someone may be careless with it or it could be misused by the someone. So, I passed my passport to the someone instead.

But, I was appalled that even my passport is not good enough as proof of my identification?

I hope you are not attempting humour. Our English standards are not great by any means, and we do misspell many words.

Substituting actual words of different meanings will certainly not make some of us do a double take, but instead confuse our vocabulary.

Seriously I'm not joking.

My suspicion, TS was using his SMARTphone to type the post. Stupid Autocorrect!

• Praise 2