Childcare leave for self employed

Aaronlkl

Did a search but find nothing relevant. Can anyone advise if self employed personal is entitled to childcare leave?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

(edited)

Come on your are the bossssss

Asking on behalf of a fren..

where are your chio bu pic?

This one very fierce le.. no good.

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 8

Asking on behalf of a fren..

where are your chio bu pic?

This one very fierce le.. no good.

Unless he has a partner or else he don't need to account for.

No more chio bu la haha, this is the real me lol

• Praise 2

Did a search but find nothing relevant. Can anyone advise if self employed personal is entitled to childcare leave?

The word self-employed layman is employ ownself leh. So is ownself choose when to work, when not to work. So when she no work already conisder leave lao leh. Is she working in insurance or property agent? For these, although she still have to report to bosses, but it is she who ownself write paycheck leh. Not bosses pay, got sales got commission, no sales no commission. So boss no give paycheck, she where got need to apply leave one?

I can only think of reason why she asking tgis question is that perhaps management set certain standard or protocol that must attend training or coaching at certain date or specific week of the day. So she thought she is working like employee got entitled leave? Although the management set certain protocol on training etc, she don't attend meeting, training also lan lan as at the end she still get whatever conmission she get. That said, the management can still kick the person out if there is strong reason to do so, or she do not meet miminum standard set by mas or the company. That is my understanding correct if I am wrong.

So for her case, there is no childcare leave, so she stay home take care child, management also cant do anything.

• Praise 2

I think she wants to claim from government, becoz the the governement paying for the leave..

Maybe can put herself on the payroll as GM or Director taking fix monthly pay.. just anyhow guessing..

• Praise 3

I think she wants to claim from government, becoz the the governement paying for the leave..

Maybe can put herself on the payroll as GM or Director taking fix monthly pay.. just anyhow guessing..

Like that become employed lao leh.

• Praise 1

Does this helps Bro?

http://m.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/leave-and-holidays/Pages/childcare-leave.aspx

"For a parent who is self-employed, he or she must have been engaged in a particular business, trade, profession for a continuous duration of at least 3 calendar months; and have lost income as a result of not engaging in the trade, business, profession or vocation during the child care leave period."

• Praise 9

Does this helps Bro?

http://m.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/leave-and-holidays/Pages/childcare-leave.aspx

"For a parent who is self-employed, he or she must have been engaged in a particular business, trade, profession for a continuous duration of at least 3 calendar months; and have lost income as a result of not engaging in the trade, business, profession or vocation during the child care leave period."

so bottom line, what can the parents claim from garment??? Monetary loss????

so bottom line, what can the parents claim from garment??? Monetary loss????

Yes. Can.

How to claim: If you are self-employed

The government will pay you for the days you were on childcare leave.

The payment is calculated based on your Notice of Assessment from the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS).

Your payment amount is as follows:

For Paid Childcare Leave Scheme

The last 3 days of your 6 days of childcare leave taken per year, capped at $500 a day (inclusive of CPF contributions)

For Extended Childcare Leave Scheme

The 2 days of childcare leave taken per year, capped at $500 a day (inclusive of CPF contributions)

1. Record and keep a personal log of your GPCL dates.
  2. Submit your claim online to the CPF Board within 3 months from the last day of your childcare leave or the last day of the calendar year.

Tips If you do not have a standing payment instruction with the CPF Board, submit a Direct Credit Authorisation (DCA) form with the bank's endorsement at least 1 week before making an online claim. This will enable the CPF Board to upload your bank details onto your online application form.
  3. Proceed to the CPF website to make an online claim.
  4. Log on to my cpf Online Services with your SingPass to check on the status of your application. A notification email will be sent to you once your application has been processed.

Note: Late claims will be denied.

- See more at: http://www.ecitizen.gov.sg/Topics/Pages/Child-care-leave-How-to-apply.aspx#sthash.FPrZCDR8.dpuf

• Praise 5

thanks for the heads up.

seriously i doubt not many self employed dare to claim for the obvious reason... [sweatdrop]

You are so smart :D

• Praise 1

North Korean dude more HAMsome lar.

Unless he has a partner or else he don't need to account for.

No more chio bu la haha, this is the real me lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2