Insurance advise please

nazerath

my mum recently bought a second hand car and I got for her only third party insurance. I have been thinking if it's been a good idea. That car has about 2 years left on it. Should I have it changed ? What is the usual insurance to take if given a choice?thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

my mum recently bought a second hand car and I got for her only third party insurance. I have been thinking if it's been a good idea. That car has about 2 years left on it. Should I have it changed ? What is the usual insurance to take if given a choice?thanks in advance.

yup, why not? left 2 years only. third party insurance is enough.

some reading for your reference:

http://tankinlian.blogspot.sg/2010/10/third-party-motor-insurance.html

• Praise 1

COE car ?

I am not good with this, i think it is parf car. 8 years old car.

yup, why not? left 2 years only. third party insurance is enough.

some reading for your reference:

http://tankinlian.blogspot.sg/2010/10/third-party-motor-insurance.html

Third party n if touch wood car damage to bad just scrap? That was my thought but I thought I better seek views and advise.

There was a fire today that burnt three cars in the news got me thinking. Mat car not covered against theft n fire too.

• Praise 3

I dun think first party cover that, correct? For personal medical, coy covers very strongly. but injury insurance I don't think I have that.

• Praise 3

If not on any loan, 3rd part is ok.

If on loan, comprehensive is a must.

• Praise 2

since we are in the topic of insurance, coming mid june, i need to renew insurance for 6mths before thinking of scrapping car.

any good motor insurance recommendations ?

• Praise 1

since we are in the topic of insurance, coming mid june, i need to renew insurance for 6mths before thinking of scrapping car.

any good motor insurance recommendations ?

Accord Insurance ask for Oliver

[email protected]

:D

• Praise 5

Nazerath,

You could get a quote for 3rd party fire and theft & comprehensive, and compare prices.

Price difference for a non turbo bread and butter Japanese car is insignificant.

If you feel that your mother is a careful driver who is unlikely to bump into another car, and that she is unlikely to be a hit and run victim when her car is parked, then 3rd party fire and theft should suffice.

• Praise 1

Nazerath,

You could get a quote for 3rd party fire and theft & comprehensive, and compare prices.

Price difference for a non turbo bread and butter Japanese car is insignificant.

If you feel that your mother is a careful driver who is unlikely to bump into another car, and that she is unlikely to be a hit and run victim when her car is parked, then 3rd party fire and theft should suffice.

The thing is that it is on 3rd party , not the third party against theft n fire or comprehensive.

• Praise 7

3rd party fire and theft is preferred over 3rd party, if I were in your shoes.

You can contact your insurance agency to check if they allow you to top up the existing premium to upgrade your policy to 3rd party fire and theft.

for peace of mind, just get the cheapest comprehensive cover you can get. touch wood if your mum bang other people, are you gonna fork out the repairs YOURSELF ??

The thing is that it is on 3rd party , not the third party against theft n fire or comprehensive.

If the market price is close to paper value or you can tolerate the loss if the car is stolen or totaled in an accident, ok to keep to third party (assuming normal not so kayu driver as this involves probability of getting into an accident in the next 2 years).

I used to be on TPFT but later discovered that between comprehensive and TPFT, the differential in premium is very minimal, couple of hundreds I think, so I just buy comprehensive these days.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

If the market price is close to paper value or you can tolerate the loss if the car is stolen or totaled in an accident, ok to keep to third party (assuming normal not so kayu driver as this involves probability of getting into an accident in the next 2 years).

I used to be on TPFT but later discovered that between comprehensive and TPFT, the differential in premium is very minimal, couple of hundreds I think, so I just buy comprehensive these days.

I think also depends on car model. Mine TPFT is about half of comprehensive.

for peace of mind, just get the cheapest comprehensive cover you can get. touch wood if your mum bang other people, are you gonna fork out the repairs YOURSELF ??

I guess his view is that if damaged just scrapped or slight damage just leave it.

But IMO, comprehensive is more secure. If kena hit and run at carpark den LLST. Do a comparison. Comprehensive and 3rd Party will differ slightly. So I will go for comprehensive.

• Praise 2

Most insurance companies do not provide comprehensive coverage for car more than 10 yrs old. So for peace of mind, since d car still qualifies for comprehensive one, why not go for it. I believe premium, slightly more.

↡ Advertisement