Auto Tailgate/boot

bambind

Twincharged

I wonder how the other half of the world who has cars without the auto open boot do it??? Probably still standing next to car with hands full of groceries (don't forget the ever present diaper bags) and wondering how to load them into the car.

Never read my post? I said its not necessary but its good to have if you have to carry many things. You don't know how to open the boot if it is not auto?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Stupid BMW and Merc didn't work when I shouted 芝麻开门 😂 not even when I rub them in my birthday suit 😂 😂

BMW n Merc definitely not stupid...imagine u rubba rubba outside...then u dirty it outside better than inside right kekekeke

Did u watch the episode of Top Gear where the car interior was SCREWtinised...some common stuff found was saliva, pubic hair, pee pee n human tadpoles [:p]

SUVs with auto tailgate door, means cannot mount a spare tire right ?

SUV with external spare tyre usually slide open sideways like a door i think...

and Yes, colt plus standard auto tailgate.

Have not seen auto sideways before...hehe.

except RR.

Better to go back to conventional way of opening and closing boot.

While these auto or one touch open and close features are good and stylo to have, one they go kaput, you might be faced with an expensive repair bill, or worse, unable to access your boot

coincidentally I saw a colt plus last night with this feature. auto close back.

mayb colt plus owners can confirm if factory installed. :)

Colt Plus confirmed comes with this factory installed feature

• Praise 2

While these auto or one touch open and close features are good and stylo to have, one they go kaput, you might be faced with an expensive repair bill, or worse, unable to access your boot

Good point,

yes i think its not cheap. But power sliding door and power tailgate from toyota lexus seems reliable. My previous Vellfire power tailgate no issues x 4-5 yrs, but my merc w221 autoboot sometimes malfunction (cannot open fully or close fully once in a while, C&C cant do anything as its intermittent).

But, even if malfunction, the boot can be assessed manually as per normal, so dont worry abt being "unable to assess your boot". We can try this malfunction mode by "off the autoboot/power door button".

Twincharged

Better to go back to conventional way of opening and closing boot.

Colt Plus confirmed comes with this factory installed feature

The worst that can happen is have to open manually la. All these electronics are there but if you don't use them or they malfunction, still can open the normal way.

The new Sorento that's in the showroom now doesn't even need you to perform a kicking motion. All you need to do is stand near the rear door with the key fob in your pocket and it will auto-open after a short while.

Twincharged

The new Sorento that's in the showroom now doesn't even need you to perform a kicking motion. All you need to do is stand near the rear door with the key fob in your pocket and it will auto-open after a short while.

So now cannot stand behind the car and talk while filling the tank?

Yups, tried that feature when i was shopping around last year. Very refreshing and cool when you first tried it or seen it demonstrated. But after a while, it is practically forcing a change in driver behaviour to avoid the rear section of the car unless u want it opened....

I thought of a horror situation. Imagine you are reverse parked in hdb MSCP especially the row of carpark lots with rear end tucked under low hanging protruded sections. For some reason you dropped something at the rear wheels section and spend a minute there trying to retrieve the item. Suddenly the proximity sensor detected your key and your rear hatch start to open and you hear a heart wrenching metallic thud of the hatch hitting the low overhangs before coming to a stop. 

• Praise 2

So now cannot stand behind the car and talk while filling the tank?

AFAIK, can. You need to stand at a specific (narrow) zone to activate it. You can opt to disable too I believe. It's, after all, a convenience feature.

Yups, tried that feature when i was shopping around last year. Very refreshing and cool when you first tried it or seen it demonstrated. But after a while, it is practically forcing a change in driver behaviour to avoid the rear section of the car unless u want it opened....

I thought of a horror situation. Imagine you are reverse parked in hdb MSCP especially the row of carpark lots with rear end tucked under low hanging protruded sections. For some reason you dropped something at the rear wheels section and spend a minute there trying to retrieve the item. Suddenly the proximity sensor detected your key and your rear hatch start to open and you hear a heart wrenching metallic thud of the hatch hitting the low overhangs before coming to a stop. 

You need to be standing at a specific zone around the rear area before it activates. Not under. LOL

I hope such radio frequency sensors are as narrow a field as we will wish it to be. 

Seen a korean car review video which compared the Santa fe with the Sorento. The car reviewer have mixed results when trying to use the hatch open feature. And the most funny part is when he was standing under the open hatch showing the rear boot feature.... The rear hatch suddenly started to close down on him without him doing anything  :D

Sure it can be deactivated, but it is as good as not having if it so unreliable and not well thought out that most people rather deactivate it. 

AFAIK, can. You need to stand at a specific (narrow) zone to activate it. You can opt to disable too I believe. It's, after all, a convenience feature.

You need to be standing at a specific zone around the rear area before it activates. Not under. LOL

Twincharged

just stick to a button ... maybe just a bigger button on the boot cover ... even if carrying something, still will be able to push on it. sure beats any sensors which might go crazy at any time.

that being said, this is definitely on my to-do list ... but at 1200, i'll have to wait a while first.

I kinda dont like my car's auto tailgate. It has a button to activate it to open . But cannot close it from the driver's seat. Need to walk to the back to press the button at the tailgate to close it. <_<

But they allow the tailgate to open and close with the key fob. [:p]

So its kinda stupid. [smash]

AFAIK the merc has a setting whereby u can set how high up the door will open, this will prevent the tailgate from crashing into the low ceiling

reverse park in this row of the MSCP...no matter how low you set your rear hatch opening angle...sure kenna if accidentally open.... :TT_TT:

2690041988_23a439ef5e_b.jpg

↡ Advertisement