New cars held up at LTA, seek process and procedure and time

Petamore

Hi,

Anyone can advise on the current waiting time for the VITAS letter to be sent? I was told by my PI that they have been waiting for that since end July.

Many of my friends also commenting that LTA is getting slower and slower to issue VITAS... is that really the case or just the PI's words to delay delivery due to their other reasons?

Hi,

Anyone can advise on the current waiting time for the VITAS letter to be sent? I was told by my PI that they have been waiting for that since end July.

Many of my friends also commenting that LTA is getting slower and slower to issue VITAS... is that really the case or just the PI's words to delay delivery due to their other reasons?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I think with more COE, PI getting more. LTA cannot handle the increase work load. So everything will delay.

• Praise 1

Thanks for feedback. It's a 2014 PI car but definitely not the first in singapore. Called lta and it's a month to 2 of queueing for now.

I can imagine the cat A queue to be even slower.

Seems that nobody knows what's done at vicom or vitas and why the long queue and how long it really takes.

Because many PIs play punk on imported car specs, LTA had to be more thorough in inspection - especially for new non-homologated models.

A E250 brought in by PI A, will never be identical with another E250 brought in by PI B. Even so, some PI cars specs are inconsistent with what's shown in the import documents!!!

I think it's the PI pulling wool over your eyes, to distract you in thinking that they are not the source of the problem.