New 2015 Toyota Alphard and Vellfire

SeriousGuy

I test drove the BM VF before deciding on PI. You need to compare the ZG package against BM's Executive (anyway, BM's VF only got 1 pkg). Few reason I go for PI (my first PI car)

1. 10K cheaper (but OMV is 6K lower).

2. I get to choose the leather colour and even can customize with 2 tone leather.

3. free front/back cam, mobile tv, ceramic coat, all round scuff plate and other stuff which BM also offered.

4. incl body kit (but this is subjective, kit looks a little bold, but we like)

5. Better HU (Alpine with i think 11" roof mount screen). Go try BM's InTouch HU, you may not like it. Their roof mount screen feels crapy.

6. Warranty/service is 5yrs 100K. BM i think 5yrs 60k, got free servicing? Of course, BM's warranty gives you peace of mind. But being a Toyota, i'm not too concern.

I thnk maybe you got confused with Richburg's Executive Lounge version. That's a 3.5L version. Its pilot seats are different from the rest.

Which PI did you buy from and which model did you buy? PM me please

Edited by Abdulwz
  • Praise 1

Followed a latest Vellfire along AMK Ave 5 this morning. Always thought the previous alphard/Vellfire as van-like especially from rear, but the latest design is really :a-m1212: . Its rear light cluster is really modern, no longer van-like, and the shape does not look like a coffin. Certainly does not look like a Toyota, haha.

my relative got 1 n it looks like a bus to me from the front.. v boxy just like d previous model... its also half meter longer than previous... certainly not 1 to drive into small carparks... id wait another for prices to stabilize n get d hybrid version

Edited by Duckduck

I test drove the BM VF before deciding on PI. You need to compare the ZG package against BM's Executive (anyway, BM's VF only got 1 pkg). Few reason I go for PI (my first PI car)

2. I get to choose the leather colour and even can customize with 2 tone leather.

3. free front/back cam, mobile tv, ceramic coat, all round scuff plate and other stuff which BM also offered.

5. Better HU (Alpine with i think 11" roof mount screen). Go try BM's InTouch HU, you may not like it. Their roof mount screen feels crapy.

6. Warranty/service is 5yrs 100K. BM i think 5yrs 60k, got free servicing? Of course, BM's warranty gives you peace of mind. But being a Toyota, i'm not too concern.

I thnk maybe you got confused with Richburg's Executive Lounge version. That's a 3.5L version. Its pilot seats are different from the rest.

• Praise 1

Just collect my Alphard SC package,car look huge,drive is smooth. Any bros know where can purchase Alphard original car mat,dealers give those cheapo 3A car mat.

Congrats.

Good choice.

If you want to upgrade, consider the Borneo motors carpet, looks good in their showroom, possibly can just buy from toyota parts department. Try to ask for discount (for existing/previous toyota owners). SC package carpets should fit their moonroof or high end version (with middle row "pilot/executive" seats.

btw: Wondering if we should have alphard/VF meet up/photo session!

any bro got manual book or hardcopy for new alphard and vellfire?

tks

I am interested too, the English version.

I have yet to see any VF with Aero kit on the road.

Come to changi airport terminal 3 carpark 3A - usually easily can see at least one alphard/VF.....suspect only a few are private owner, most have drivers/limousine company.

Aero version VF (Z model or ZG) quite common, u mean Aero kit on Aero version?

Aero version VF (Z model or ZG) quite common, u mean Aero kit on Aero version?

What's Aero version?

I meant the Aero kit with 2 squarish chrome in front.

Was told most 8 seaters are sold for commercial use.

• Praise 1

Any Alphard/VF Bro can advise me how to deactivate the auto door-lock function (as when the car moves the doors will lock by default)? Many thanks!

Dont know, not available in the setting.

For some brands eg toyota ES300h, this can be change in one of the menu.

but prefer this auto door lock as i think its safer for all, can just press unlock when needed when stationary, or change gear to Park which automatically unlock.

What's Aero version?

I meant the Aero kit with 2 squarish chrome in front.

Was told most 8 seaters are sold for commercial use.

My friend bought the 8 seaters

good that his version came with Auto start stop button

Yes, the 2 squarish chrome on vellfire is the Aero styling version ie Z or ZG or ZAG

• Praise 1

For Alphard and Vellfire, what's the minimum carpark height required before can safely enter? 1.9m or 2m? Thinking of buying either of the models.

• Praise 1

New model min 1.9. Older model 2.0.

For its height at 1.895m, the carpark height at 1.9m enough clearance? Need to go special slow in the 1.9 carparks? Most HDB carparks are 1.9m right?

Spec says 1.88. Anyway, tested through Taka at 1.90 height. I think most entry specify the max vehicle height clearance.

Thanks. It's a relief to be able to drive through 1.9 carparks as most HDB MCSP are 1.9m.

Thanks. It's a relief to be able to drive through 1.9 carparks as most HDB MCSP are 1.9m.

The car itself is good enough to cover the inconvenience of unable to park at certain carparks.

In some instances, guards/security may allow parking at loading with unloading areas.

In Malaysia, usually no issues, good reason to park near drop off/hotel lobby.

Note: For 1.9m, take care, there are some places where its not really 1.9m. Check through sunroof how near the railings are before entering slowly (or best ask someone to view from outside). Just been to Simei MRT HDB "park and ride" msc carpark weeks ago, it states 1.9 but cant clear 2015 Alphard - be careful.

Anyone have any idea regarding the rear power tailgate?

Need some advice on power tailgate opening.

1) using heads up button above the rear view mirror in the car, I can POWER Open and Close the tailgate.

2) using the remote, I can POWER Open the tailgate and Close using the button at the rear boot lid.

The issue I have is, when the rear boot lid is closed. I depressed the button on the lid just above the number plate, it's does not POWER Open itself. It just unlocked and need to manually open it.

Is this normal? Is there a setting that can turn on POWER tailgate Open when the lid button is depressed?

Please help. Thanks.

Anyone have any idea regarding the rear power tailgate?

Need some advice on power tailgate opening.

1) using heads up button above the rear view mirror in the car, I can POWER Open and Close the tailgate.

2) using the remote, I can POWER Open the tailgate and Close using the button at the rear boot lid.

The issue I have is, when the rear boot lid is closed. I depressed the button on the lid just above the number plate, it's does not POWER Open itself. It just unlocked and need to manually open it.

Is this normal? Is there a setting that can turn on POWER tailgate Open when the lid button is depressed?

Please help. Thanks.

Yes, exactly.

Previous vellfire same issue too.

Heard ? "safety feature" as Toyota think its not safe for such large back door to open automatically when activated by person just behind the door....

If you can find how to "disable" this "safety" feature, let me know, keen for it to open automatically when activated from the back door itself.

Note: By the way, at least we can close the power tailgate from driver side.....ES300h lexus unable to do so, need to walk out and press the autoboot button!

Yes, exactly.

Heard ? "safety feature" as Toyota think its not safe for such large back door to open automatically when activated by person just behind the door....

If you can find how to "disable" this "safety" feature, let me know, keen for it to open automatically when activated from the back door itself.

Note: By the way, at least we can close the power tailgate from driver side.....ES300h lexus unable to do so, need to walk out and press the autoboot button!

actually it does feel safer if the door doesnt auto open close. ive experienced before someone standing behind n the driver press the boot close n then hit the person head then it stop closing. potential legal problem for car coys i suppose

Yes, exactly.

I checked on a FB group and one member assisted me and said he got his modified at below Accessories shop. I'm still thinking whether to do it or not, with regards to safety.

KingKong Audio

Address : 25 Kaki Bukit Road 4 #07-58

Synergy @ KB S(417800) (map)

Opening Hours : 10am - 8pm (Mon - Sat)

Closed on Sun & PHs

Phone : 93221119

But it seems quite troublesome when you are at the back of the car and need to take the key out to power open the boot, or do it at drivers seat.

And only choice to do it at the back is to manually lift that long boot lid.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2