New 2015 Toyota Alphard and Vellfire

SeriousGuy

Hi Guys,

Recently realize that the sound insulation is not that good anymore. The B pillar seems to have more noise coming in. Does anybody have any recommendation for sound proofing workshop? Want to do up all the 5 doors for more comfort.

At the same time, can let them check the B pillar insulation too.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Have been thinking to do it but was busy. Would like to dekit thew folowing items:

1. External TPMS

Used for about 3 months. Bought at close to $100. Selling at $40.

20180902_112302-720x540.jpg

20180902_112419-720x540.jpg

20180822_191819-720x540.jpg

20180822_191755-720x540.jpg

2. Vellfire boot mat

Used for about 6 months. Selling at $20

20180902_120556-720x540.jpg

3. Vellfire customised sunshades (7pcs)

Used for only about 1 month. Selling at $50

20180902_112717-720x540.jpg

4. Left rear light assembly including the centre plastic garnish

Used for about 10months. Still look new. Selling at $200

2015-Toyota-Vellfire_006-Vellfire-Z-A-Edition-copy.jpg

20180902_115331-540x720.jpg

5. Space-saver wheel (sorry no picture)

Never used. Selling at $50. Good for those who like to travel Malaysia.

Do PM me your offers. Negotiable but not much as very cheap already. Thanks.

Interested to buy some of your offers, but I cannot seems to find a PM option. Please PM your mobile so that we can further discuss via WhatsApp... Thank you...

Interested to buy some of your offers, but I cannot seems to find a PM option. Please PM your mobile so that we can further discuss via WhatsApp... Thank you...

PM sent.

Need some help.

I lost my key, is there any cheaper option than go back to the agent? Kumixa

You can go Turf Club look for Newton Auto Keys Pte Ltd. 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=12681

Main office in Ubi, and the branch is in Turf club.

I did mine at the Turf club outlet before I handed over my Velfire. Done in < 30min.  Definitely among the cheapest, if not. And it serve the many used car dealers there, is the default shop to turn to over there according to the used car dealer who took in my ride. Read the review, no need say more.

Thanks. Roughly how much to make a replacement?

I think about $400 or very slightly lesser. Going through MBM Wheelpower definitely higher. You should check out the cost from yourofficial source, then call up Newton to ask. The shop uses original key fobs, so no worry about quality.

I was regretting very much as should have done it earlier, not convenient to share just 1 key. But too bad nobody share this lobang before haha.

• Praise 1

Left following 2 items for dekit sale:

1. Left rear light assembly including the centre plastic garnish

Used for about 10months. Still look new. Selling at $200

post-101253-0-00605900-1537923552_thumb.

post-101253-0-77757100-1537923564_thumb.

2. Space-saver wheel 

post-101253-0-22399600-1539702883_thumb.jpg

https://www.croooober.com/en/item/7229733/Rim-&-Tire-Sets/Alphard-Vellfire-30-system-genuine-option-Temper-Wheel-Spare-Tire

Never used. Selling at $100. Good for those who like to travel Malaysia. 

Do PM me your offers. Negotiable but not much as very cheap already. Thanks.

has anyone had a problem with touchscreen Navi System on the imported Vellfire 30 series, I have only had the car for one day but i am struggling to start any program with the screen showing a message translate to English as "Cannot start the program, please contact dealer". 

Contact the importer and they said it could be because battery went dead while in transit, and system got reset and asked me to insert a SD card but still no luck. 

Your help is greatly appreciated ! 

Photos attached for reference.

post-218303-0-22018700-1542140334_thumb.jpg

Edited by EdwardQian

I have a 2015 Toyota vellfire, recently its battery drained out due to interior lights remained open whole night. When I fully recharged the battery the car won't start, only the dashboard lights are on, but no starter, also the automatic power doors , windows music system won't work. Need help !

I have a 2015 Toyota vellfire, recently its battery drained out due to interior lights remained open whole night. When I fully recharged the battery the car won't start, only the dashboard lights are on, but no starter, also the automatic power doors , windows music system won't work. Need help !

You probably need to have the ECU reset. Check with your usual workshop if they have the computer to reset Alphard's ECU, call them to your place may be cheaper than towing there. But first, do confirm that your battery is indeed re-charged to full. (or tap to another battery to see if those issues can be activated)

I am in the market of buying new car Alphard 2018/2019 new facelift. Anyone can share (PM me), what is the lowest price you got / you could potentially have gotten from Borneo for the Alphard?

Here is my story:

I went to the dealer late December, I was serious buying, but the sales provided discount of $2000 or $5000 (I forgot what it was) off the sticker price. A bit disappointed (somewhat upset) that a $200K car only have such a low discount as if it is a hot-cake. The sales woman quoted the word that "we are selling Japanese car and margin for Japanese car is super low already (unlike conti car)" - I do not know if that's true but I have to respect the sales woman.

I asked why big difference with PI and as expected, she quoted AD is reliable, honor warranty and the car will have higher resale value, peace of mind, etc, etc. 

Naturally, it is difficult for me/anyone to trust what sales people say as sales people always say what they have is the best. So I think it is best to ask owners here what your experience were.

I greatly appreciate it if you could PM me your experience, how much you got/could have gotten for the car, your sales contact for my reference and any helpful tips. Honestly speaking, this is going to be my first car, so appreciate all advices.

Thanks.

• Praise 1

I am in the market of buying new car Alphard 2018/2019 new facelift. Anyone can share (PM me), what is the lowest price you got / you could potentially have gotten from Borneo for the Alphard?

Here is my story:

I went to the dealer late December, I was serious buying, but the sales provided discount of $2000 or $5000 (I forgot what it was) off the sticker price. A bit disappointed (somewhat upset) that a $200K car only have such a low discount as if it is a hot-cake. The sales woman quoted the word that "we are selling Japanese car and margin for Japanese car is super low already (unlike conti car)" - I do not know if that's true but I have to respect the sales woman.

I asked why big difference with PI and as expected, she quoted AD is reliable, honor warranty and the car will have higher resale value, peace of mind, etc, etc.

Naturally, it is difficult for me/anyone to trust what sales people say as sales people always say what they have is the best. So I think it is best to ask owners here what your experience were.

I greatly appreciate it if you could PM me your experience, how much you got/could have gotten for the car, your sales contact for my reference and any helpful tips. Honestly speaking, this is going to be my first car, so appreciate all advices.

Thanks.

just buy from pi lor.. $158 there about

Here is my story:

Thanks.

When you want to compare Alphard between PIS and BM, you need to compare apple to apple. You seem clueless about the variants available across Alphard/Vellfire, there are 3 basic types with 2.5L engine, 8-seater, 7-seater with captain seats, 7-seater with lounge seats. Even for each of them, there are 2 types: basic trim and Aero trim with better bonnet design. PIs are offering all 3 variants with Aero trim, while MB only offer lounge version with basic trim. So you cannot quote a PI offering a 158k ride and say you will save 50k comparing to that from BM, so please buy from PI.

A colleague of mine just went through this exercise of comparing lounge version between PI and BM. After comparing such things as sale price, workshop servicing and warranty especially recalls, scape values, etc, etc, his conclusion is that the final saving is between 10k to 15k and most likely would be lesser. So he ended up booking from BM instead. 

I have no vested interest for BM, having bought a pre-facelift Vellfire from a reputable PI just1.5yrs back. If you can accept captain seats variant, then I would encourage you to look at the reputable PIs as the difference could come to 30k comparing with a lounge variant from BM. But bear in mind it is never apple to apple comparison.

When you want to compare Alphard between PIS and BM, you need to compare apple to apple. You seem clueless about the variants available across Alphard/Vellfire, there are 3 basic types with 2.5L engine, 8-seater, 7-seater with captain seats, 7-seater with lounge seats. Even for each of them, there are 2 types: basic trim and Aero trim with better bonnet design. PIs are offering all 3 variants with Aero trim, while MB only offer lounge version with basic trim. So you cannot quote a PI offering a 158k ride and say you will save 50k comparing to that from BM, so please buy from PI.

A colleague of mine just went through this exercise of comparing lounge version between PI and BM. After comparing such things as sale price, workshop servicing and warranty especially recalls, scape values, etc, etc, his conclusion is that the final saving is between 10k to 15k and most likely would be lesser. So he ended up booking from BM instead. 

I have no vested interest for BM, having bought a pre-facelift Vellfire from a reputable PI just1.5yrs back. If you can accept captain seats variant, then I would encourage you to look at the reputable PIs as the difference could come to 30k comparing with a lounge variant from BM. But bear in mind it is never apple to apple comparison.

Sorry for not being clear. I have a clue about the variants on Alphard. I am comparing Alphard 2.5L SC (PI) and Alphard 2.5 (Borneo), which is about equivalent. Their sticker price is $199K (PI) vs $220K (Borneo). As my question, how much discount you could potentially get from PI & Borneo?

Calculating a car's cost in SG. Is my understanding below correct?

A Toyota Alphard has OMV value of 50K on average, with all fees and COE around 35K now, total cost of the car is around 147K.

OMV = 50,000

Fee = 25

RF = 220

ARF = 62,000

COE = 35,000

Total Cost = 147,245

Borneo is selling this at 217K. So their gross profit is around 70K?

Calculating a car's cost in SG. Is my understanding below correct?

A Toyota Alphard has OMV value of 50K on average, with all fees and COE around 35K now, total cost of the car is around 147K.

OMV = 50,000

Fee = 25

RF = 220

ARF = 62,000

COE = 35,000

Total Cost = 147,245

Borneo is selling this at 217K. So their gross profit is around 70K?

This part of my previous reply was what my colleague went through and concluded very recently:

Think BM then was having a promotion at $206k, while PI typically selling at about 195k to 200k from reputable PIs. Please try to buy only from reputable PIs though will cost abit more to avoid headache later. I would suggest you not to look too much into how much the AD/PI earn from the deal. Nothing much you can do about it, as BM will not be low balled by you unlike some more obscure car makes.

Actually if you are clear about the different variants available, just need to visit the few reputable PIs such as Vincar, Prime, etc as well as BM to talk with their SEs lah. Spending so much money on a car surely justify you spending abit of time and effort to do due diligence lah. Good luck.

↡ Advertisement