New 2015 Toyota Alphard and Vellfire

SeriousGuy

Wow, superb!

My car does not have start stop, it is a X model. Yours is from BM?

Most people would tell you the start-stop feature is very irritating. It does not really improve the FC of car but merely for environmental purpose by shutting down engine when car stopped to reduce emission but at the expense of higher tear-and-wear to engine ignition parts, as well as driving experience as the driver have to deal with this irritation as it cannot be turned off permanently. Certain car models have after-merket plug-in module to auto turn it off after starting engine haha.

I know this very well as my previous car comes with it. So glad current Vellfire does not have it. In Japan, this feature is a $500 option that most PI would not opt for when indenting to save cost, which is great actually.

↡ Advertisement

Yes. Mine is from BM. Didnt like start stop initally but now I do. It can be controlled by how hard u brake. If you don't wish to activate it as the lights are turning green in a few secs then don't depress so hard. My own guideline is use only if I need to stop for more than 10secs

Btw anyone knows where to install the original screen? BM no longer sells with the roof monitor

Just curious if the start-stop function kick in when you put the ride to HOLD and the car stops completely.

The screen you referring to the ceiling monitor? If you join another facebook forum called "2015 New Alphard/Vellfire Singapor", there are many malaysia workshops advertising nice nice bodykits and accessories, though you have to go up North to do the installation. Really poisonus there.

Just curious if the start-stop function kick in when you put the ride to HOLD and the car stops completely.

The screen you referring to the ceiling monitor? If you join another facebook forum called "2015 New Alphard/Vellfire Singapor", there are many malaysia workshops advertising nice nice bodykits and accessories, though you have to go up North to do the installation. Really poisonus there.

Just say that they have power boot conversion. 

Wondering how reliable that is...

Just say that they have power boot conversion. 

Wondering how reliable that is...

Normal after market installation the rear door will slam hard at last part of closing, but this one seems to be better as same speed throughout, maybe is factory original part? But I not keen so never ask haha.

Seems like the zng market is much more interesting up North, but then again will be troublesome if got issues as need more efforts to rectify.

Edited by Heartlander

I bought a pair of downlights. Fixing the driver side was OK but once I fix in the passenger side, the fuse broke. Now is confirmed one of the new lights is shorted.

Yours nice and bright....mine quite dim. Just to share other photos of my ride

post-146820-0-41983000-1508495816_thumb.jpgpost-146820-0-62114300-1508495752_thumb.jpg

Full tank range at least above 600km (for 70L tank).

post-146820-0-23360700-1508495888_thumb.jpgpost-146820-0-21084400-1508495895_thumb.jpg

Buttons used up..post-146820-0-92985100-1508495928_thumb.jpg

Replacement tyre, got another TOYO.....closest to stock Transpath.

post-146820-0-26739300-1508495944_thumb.jpg

post-146820-0-08333200-1508495983_thumb.jpg

post-146820-0-53286400-1508496026_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Yours nice and bright....mine quite dim. Just to share other photos of my ride

attachicon.gifchrome accessories.JPGattachicon.gifdownlight.JPG

Full tank range at least above 600km (for 70L tank).

attachicon.gif693km range.JPGattachicon.gifFC ave bar.JPG

Buttons used up..attachicon.gifbuttons full.JPG

Replacement tyre, got another TOYO.....closest to stock Transpath.

Thanks for sharing. Your range per tank is amazing! I get 580 and I am super happy already (and pat myself on my back for self control). 

Can I ask where you got the garax usb charger?

Also, what do the other buttons mean. My X does not have any of those. 

• Praise 1

Thanks for sharing. Your range per tank is amazing! I get 580 and I am super happy already (and pat myself on my back for self control). 

Can I ask where you got the garax usb charger?

Also, what do the other buttons mean. My X does not have any of those. 

Got mine at super autobacs Tokyo Shinonome if not mistaken - bought lots of accessories there >1 yr ago

Any car accessories can help install.

Alternatively from Alphard/VF facebook - available in KL, 2-3 shops listed.

The rest of the buttons are

- radar cruise (adjust distance to follow from front car) - factory fitted

- alpine 360 top view camera (toggle view).

ps: For top view camera, suggest look for other cheaper brands, in my opinion this alpine version too ex, others more value for money. As long as they can calibrate properly to perfection.

Just to share a simply DIY improvement that I have done.

When collected my Vellfire, realised that stock cabin lights are very dim and yellowish due to old-school bulbs been used all over. So went online to order a suitable LED replacement set specially for latest Alphrd/Vellfire that cost only $60 with free delivery:

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Interior-LED-Lighting-Set-Toyota-Alphard-Vellfire-GGH30-AGH30-AYH30/272284401751?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Arrived exactly a week later yesterday.

Spent about 45mins putting them up, just need a flathead screw driver will do.

Really happy with the brightness. Really cheap for the quality.

Bro, can share the videos showing how to open the map lights? I have tried for the last hour and cannot Pry off the plastic cover

I think I shored something cause one of the wires of the LED replacement done lights became entangled when I tried to position it inside the slot.

All the lights stopped working for a while. Then after a while it started to work again.

Now I have this blinking light on my dashboard which has something to do with the immobiliser.

post-47119-0-02631000-1510226737_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Mathew

I think I shored something cause one of the wires of the LED replacement done lights became entangled when I tried to position it inside the slot.

All the lights stopped working for a while. Then after a while it started to work again.

Now I have this blinking light on my dashboard which has something to do with the immobiliser.

Sorry to read about this. Think need to send the car to workshop to reset the fault. Most likely nothing wrong if no other symptoms observed. The most should be a blown fuse, which your workshop should be able to resolve easily.

Hope this does not discourage you from doing DIY again. We all learn from mistakes haha.

Hello bros. Those who wish to be in our Vellfire/Alphard Owners Whatsapp Group, please PM me your contact number. Thank You :)

Can add me to the whatapp group. 6590691727. Thanks