In the Northern part of Singapore, there's a place we belong

The_Bear

For all the bros and sis that live in the northern part of Singapore. This thread to share news and happenings around our area. New places to go, new food to eat, new corners to explore.

If you are closer to KSL than Takashimaya, you are technically in the North.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

there is a sheng siong or ntuc (not sure) near the driving center......some sort of wet market and a kopitiam. Parking is automated barrier....normal parking charges.

there is a sheng siong or ntuc (not sure) near the driving center......some sort of wet market and a kopitiam. Parking is automated barrier....normal parking charges.

Sheng Siong, Woodlands Industrial Park E. Quite a nice place to buy groceries.

I'll be moving to Woodlands next year - can't get any more north than that without being in Malaysia.

Please share good food (supper spots)!

• Praise 1

Okay, will look see this Saturday.

I'll be moving to Woodlands next year - can't get any more north than that without being in Malaysia.

Please share good food (supper spots)!

There is nothing much to eat in Woodlands. Marsiling side still got the old market and bak kut teh.

yes...thats the place. There is also a Home team club house opposite Sembawang shipyard.....i asked and the receptionist says SAFRA members can also use the facilities....got swimming pool...karaoke and i think billiards room.

yes...thats the place. There is also a Home team club house opposite Sembawang shipyard.....i asked and the receptionist says SAFRA members can also use the facilities....got swimming pool...karaoke and i think billiards room.

That's the Sembawang clubhouse. Yes, SAFRA can use their facilities. Recently under going major renovation iirc. Prior to that, they had a pub, jackpot room and pool. There is a large Jacuzzi in the gents changing room. Other than that, pretty run down place.

• Praise 1

Okay, will look see this Saturday.

makan go to alamin for muslim food....that building also has a few eateries like chicken rice shop....alameen is opened 24/7.

There's Sembawang Park, where the $2M ransom money was placed under the tree in the Shen Siong kidnapping case.

There's Woodlands Waterfront Park, facing Stulang (Sin City) JB.

Sakura Buffet restaurant just next to Republic Polytechnic.

Both got big playgrounds for kids & adults..good place to piknik & go for stroll or jog.

If me is not mistaken, there is a WW2 bunker,,somewhere near Sembawang camp area.

The Sembawang hot spring ..just on the edge of Yishun near Chong Pang camp.

Edited by Whattafarck