Do I need to do alignment?

Spken1976

Now the guy at KN Garage told me that my tyres are faulty. And need to change. Come on just changed 3 days ago.

Based on my understanding of wheel alignment, it's only adjusting the position of your tyres. It wouldn't correct any problems with your steering wheel. So if you need to turn slightly left/right to maintain a straight line, probably need to get the steering adjusted. If it's not too far off, why not leave it? My car also has a slight drift, but managed to pass inspection so leaving it alone.

↡ Advertisement

Went back to the workshop again to rectify the problem, the staff just change my left tyre to right, right tyre to left. And told me it's will be alright. But after test drive, the car still moving to the left and the steering wheel maintain tilted.

Had contacted AL Tyres to assist and they called the workshop to redo the alignment for me again tomorrow.

Very piss off with them. Hope the workshop can able to fix it tomorrow.

Had went back to KN Garage this morning to rectify the problem. The staff redo the alignment. Had told him to straighten the steering wheel first before doing the alignment. Think he didn't do it. The alignment is straight now but the steering wheel is tilted. Give up already. Went to another workshop to do and was perfectly done up. Think i won't patronise KN Garage anymore.

• Praise 1

Had went back to KN Garage this morning to rectify the problem. The staff redo the alignment. Had told him to straighten the steering wheel first before doing the alignment. Think he didn't do it. The alignment is straight now but the steering wheel is tilted. Give up already. Went to another workshop to do and was perfectly done up. Think i won't patronise KN Garage anymore.

Which workshop u went to n how much? Thks!

Went to KN Garage for alignment this morning. Spent $30. But think nothing improved. My steering wheel still tilted. Went back to the shop in the afternoon to rectify, the guy just took my car for a ride outside and came back and told me it was rectified. I asked him what did he do, and he was unable to answer. Drove back and found out the steering wheel is still tilted. Totally not recommend to this shop.

Bought the tyres from AL Tyres and they recommended me to this workshop.

Sorry Spken, but just to be clear, do you mean that your steering wheel is not centred?? That is, your car is going straight but your steering wheel is pointed either left or right.

I had that issue myself and had to pay $80 for the steering wheel to be centred. This is entirely different from wheel alignment.

Good thread,

Done my alignment after changed 4 tyres.

now understand steering tilt is a separate issue.

What i don't understand is why no advice from alignment guy? If needed to adjust steering.

Good thread,

Done my alignment after changed 4 tyres.

now understand steering tilt is a separate issue.

What i don't understand is why no advice from alignment guy? If needed to adjust steering.

It's best to do your own research, sometimes you think these mechanics should know everything but actually sometimes they are smoking their way thru!

It's best to do your own research, sometimes you think these mechanics should know everything but actually sometimes they are smoking their way thru!

Agree, self research very important.

My long time mechanic always use eye power to judge. One day decided to try another workshop.

With different set of eye,

several things re-inspect and corrected. Now ride seem much smoother.

Together with computer alignment and all new tyres.

Handling improved greatly.

So to have good maintenance, one workshop is not good enough.

Edited by Newcell

Hi bringing back this topic back.. Do I need to do wheel alignment if I bought 4 2nd hand Tyres left 60% thread since I see ppl usually buy new Tyres do better.. Any place to recommend? Heard now market price is $50-70? Anyone got place to recommend to do at $50? Thanks..

Hi bringing back this topic back.. Do I need to do wheel alignment if I bought 4 2nd hand Tyres left 60% thread since I see ppl usually buy new Tyres do better.. Any place to recommend? Heard now market price is $50-70? Anyone got place to recommend to do at $50? Thanks..

is not a must to do the wheel alignment if your car has no sign of drifting or pulling or tyre wearing 1 side abnormally

for your case I wont not see the need for the job since you replaced to 4 2nd hand tyre which is likely not 100%equal wearing.

Cost and place of the job already got many info here please read or search MHO

is not a must to do the wheel alignment if your car has no sign of drifting or pulling or tyre wearing 1 side abnormally

for your case I wont not see the need for the job since you replaced to 4 2nd hand tyre which is likely not 100%equal wearing.

Cost and place of the job already got many info here please read or search MHO

Ic.. Thanks for the advise I guess I would just skip the alignment.. :)

Ic.. Thanks for the advise although my steering wheel do turn a little left slightly during at a higher speed when I am traveling on the expressway.. I guess I could consider skipping maybe..

(edited)

Hi spken 1976

If you got the tire changed then wheel alignment is must, Otherwise your vehicle will keep bubbling on the road and it will be dangerous for you. Through wheel alignment there comes proper grip in all four tires and you will be safe. Once I was driving without alignment of wheels and my bigger accident was averted. I visited my nearest hyundai mechanics and they properly done the alignment and I was safe. 

Edited by ElisaGrace
  • Dislike 1

Turbocharged

Hi spken 1976

If you got the tire changed then wheel alignment is must, Otherwise your vehicle will keep bubbling on the road and it will be dangerous for you. Through wheel alignment there comes proper grip in all four tires and you will be safe. Once I was driving without alignment of wheels and my bigger accident was averted. I visited my nearest hyundai mechanics and they properly done the alignment and I was safe. 

Sis, I hope you realise this is a Singapore forum.  Your "nearest hyundai mechanics" are all in US. Perhaps you are trying to promote for them, but this is the wrong place.

Sis, I hope you realise this is a Singapore forum.  Your "nearest hyundai mechanics" are all in US. Perhaps you are trying to promote for them, but this is the wrong place.

I have reported this user long ago but nothing was done. It is very obvious it is an account for spamming links to their site.

Bringing up an old thread.....Anyone tried wheel alignment at Kian Teong Auto-care in Sin Ming ? What are their charges and skills ?

Hi bros,

My civic has sound on the rear wheel when i am driving at higher speed like may be from 60 or 70km/h onwards.. it will go louder when i drive faster. Is it because i need to do wheel rotation n alignment? Anyone can help me with this? Many thanks in advance

Hi bros,

My civic has sound on the rear wheel when i am driving at higher speed like may be from 60 or 70km/h onwards.. it will go louder when i drive faster. Is it because i need to do wheel rotation n alignment? Anyone can help me with this? Many thanks in advance

Don't think is alignment. Might be wheel bearings or brake disc worn. Bring to a workshop to check.

↡ Advertisement