Do I need to do alignment?

Spken1976

Bringing up an old thread.....Anyone tried wheel alignment at Kian Teong Auto-care in Sin Ming ? What are their charges and skills ?

Kian Teong used to be my regular ws before i changed to my new ride. Skill wise good but can be a little pricey.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Alignment - all your tires pointing the in the same direction and be as flat on the road as they can. It's something you should have checked about once a year anyway. Get a lifetime alignment package for your car, and have it checked periodically. I usually use Tech Drive workshop for this purpose. It's not expensive so don't worry so much.

Edited by JinSherr

Kenny wheel alignment....heard he jack up the price from 50 to 70

probably he is too busy to cope with the demand, Proper wheel alignment require time to have them properly

setup - test - adjust - test - test drive.

$70 is still reasonable to me if they can do a Professional Job .

can I check why are both my front tyres only balding at the outside while the inner side are still ok.

is it cos of alignment? or something to do with lower arm?

advise pls.

thanks

is very common to have outerside balding especially the front 2 or front left, it is due to our Road condition and many cover carpark needs us to drive  clockwise ramp which make our front left wheel working much harder than right side.

I will say Wheel alignment doesn't fit this issue, and I personally don't see the point of spending money on this issue.

we have worldclass road and which is so good that wheel alignment does not require when it is necessary.

when do we need the service ?

replacing any part is linked to your suspension system.

any hard impact to your wheels

any one can share your opinion here.

And I personally usually do my own self test by testing on road that is long straight enough to let go my hand from steering wheel for just 2-5 second and so long my car moving straight or little veer to the left is normal due to surface made lightly tilted for water drainage.

Is just my POV thanks

is very common to have outerside balding especially the front 2 or front left, it is due to our Road condition and many cover carpark needs us to drive clockwise ramp which make our front left wheel working much harder than right side.

I will say Wheel alignment doesn't fit this issue, and I personally don't see the point of spending money on this issue.

we have worldclass road and which is so good that wheel alignment does not require when it is necessary.

And I personally usually do my own self test by testing on road that is long straight enough to let go my hand from steering wheel for just 2-5 second and so long my car moving straight or little veer to the left is normal due to surface made lightly tilted for water drainage.

Is just my POV thanks

My Mini virgin alignment at 42k km.

My previous BMW virgin alignment at 100k km

is very common to have outerside balding especially the front 2 or front left, it is due to our Road condition and many cover carpark needs us to drive  clockwise ramp which make our front left wheel working much harder than right side.

Is just my POV thanks

3d alignment is very useful, it let us see the caster camber toes reading of our car front n rear.

the only problem is alot of workshop dun know how to read the data and analysis the problem properly.

like u mention  the car veer to 1 side, ( pulling effect when let go of hand ) 

its never the toe in/out problem

Is just my POV thanks

Good to go for an alignment before inspection, else if fail side slip, have to waste time go align then go back to test.

Good to go for an alignment before inspection, else if fail side slip, have to waste time go align then go back to test.

percentages fail the sideslip during the inspection is very low , it is Good to do so before Inspection if you are willing spend some money there but do remember to Inform them you are sending the car for Inspection because  the adjustment  is slight vary from Standard  alignment.

Anyway can share what is Side slip test for ?

percentages fail the sideslip during the inspection is very low , it is Good to do so before Inspection if you are willing spend some money there but do remember to Inform them you are sending the car for Inspection because the adjustment is slight vary from Standard alignment.

Anyway can share what is Side slip test for ?

Side slip test is for checking the alignment lor....

Side slip test is for checking the alignment lor....

sideslip test is just part of the alignment.

still wondering Why the Vehicle Test Center only test Sideslip ?

can I check why are both my front tyres only balding at the outside while the inner side are still ok.

is it cos of alignment? or something to do with lower arm?

advise pls.

thanks

I just changed the front 2 tyres just now as they are balding very fast especially the front left almost 2/3 already bald. left the most inner side still good.

the workshop said its most probably camber. they say to go jb and change the camber bolt. is it necessary or can any tyre shop "re-aligned" the camber so that the balding wont happen?

and when they tightened the nut there is a "click-click" sound which they mentioned is my lower arm.

can I just change the bushing on the arm or must I change the whole arm?

Need advise.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement