Singapore becoming a Garbage City

Volvobrick

Singapore becoming a 'garbage city', says ESM Goh Chok Tong
Published on Jan 29, 2015 2:57 PM
1112 364 0 0 PRINT EMAIL
AL-laneway-2901e.jpg
The scene at Meadows by the Bay after 13,000 festival goers attended the Laneway music festival over the weekend. -- ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN

By Chew Hui Min

SINGAPORE - On Wednesday, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong called out festival goers for not picking up their litter, and asked Singaporeans to make Singapore a clean city rather than a "cleaned" one.

A day later, Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong has taken to Facebook to do the same.

Comparing Tokyo and Singapore, he said that the Japanese capital had no rubbish bins in public places, but it is still litter free.

"Without foreign workers, Singapore is likely to become a 'garbage city'," Mr Goh said in the post.

Last Saturday, Meadows by the Bay was covered with discarded plastic ponchos, cups and other garbage after 13,000 festival goers attended the Laneway music festival there.

[email protected]

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/environment/story/singapore-becoming-garbage-city-says-esm-goh-chok-tong-20150129#sthash.sQwVdhVu.dpuf
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

How come they know the rubbish is thrown by Singaporean har? Got hard evidence?

Thanks to their open door and open legs policy, here got 2 million non-sinkie k. Even some (and many) sinkies are not real sinkie hor.

*Actually...I agree, I think some sinkies really like to leave rubbish, especially in mscp and hdb void decks.

Edited by Zyklon
  • Praise 12

How come they know the rubbish is thrown by Singaporean har? Got hard evidence?

Thanks to their open door and open legs policy, here got 2 million non-sinkie k. Even some (and many) sinkies are not real sinkie hor.

*Actually...I agree, I think some sinkies really like to leave rubbish, especially in mscp and hdb void decks.

eh......take 50-50 fault lar......but what crap festival is this....on a weekday somemore.......i think most of the garbage is inside parliament building......dont know who put them there!
  • Praise 7

Fu ck you deep and good first

When elections time, will say I am sorry and I truly care for you citizens, vote for me , so that I can fu ck deep and well for the next 4 years , while getting paid millions for itpost-141044-0-33660300-1422524330_thumb.png

Edited by frenchfly
  • Praise 5

From the picture, it's sibeh dirty leh.. Shouldn't the organiser be responsible?

no lar.....the pinkie and the seat warmer already say singaporean fault....even though organiser was supposed to clean the venue as always as singaporean we should clean after........especially those who dont even know there was a dont-know-what festival at dont-know-where venue.......nb.....our fault....our fault....soli hor pinkie. that ang mo in the picture is also a singaporean........our fault....our fault. Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 2

WTF?! I didn't go to such event also kenna blame. Like that what for I bother to keep Singapore clean? Anything goes wrong means Singaporeans at fault. I can also anything goes wrong I will first blame the pm and what's his name.

Those festival goers buy ticket got credit card transaction record mah. Just summon the litterbugs lah. Why get innocent ppl involve for no good reason?

• Praise 1

WTF?! I didn't go to such event also kenna blame. Like that what for I bother to keep Singapore clean? Anything goes wrong means Singaporeans at fault. I can also anything goes wrong I will first blame the pm and what's his name.

Those festival goers buy ticket got credit card transaction record mah. Just summon the litterbugs lah. Why get innocent ppl involve for no good reason?

Wah. Like that also not right.

What if I was there but I didn't litter? You want to summon me too?

• Praise 2

Wah. Like that also not right.

What if I was there but I didn't litter? You want to summon me too?

Yes. You LL still have to pay even if you claimed that you didn't litter. LoL...

You never been thru NS meh? One soldier in your platoon makes a mistake all will suffer together. It's called what camaraderie BS or something. Song boh? Haha...

Edited by Watwheels

actually whats the big deal... as long the organiser clean up after that ok liao what.. think they better check if organiser apply permit from NEA more impt.. there seems to be more trash than any CNY event.. [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Xers007
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1